IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Vcs Doncaster airport parking charge notice

Comments

• muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 July 2012 at 10:57PM
    If they are a different format yes, if you can message crabman and he will then add them to the collection, if not post them here and we'll get crabman to move them. You still need not worry though, I doubt VCS will be going anywhere near any court in the land fora long time, the thoughts of soap on a rope for renshaw smith must be giving him sleepless nights.
    :T
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • Hi all! I believe it's near enough 14 days since the last letter and at present I have received no further contact.
    I presume I will be doing in the near future but I shall now be treating them as toilet paper.

I was attending a breakdown the other day when the owner turned out to be a solicitor. After a good chat he advised me to ignore the letters as you guys have told me.
    I was also told that in the eyes of the law I did the best thing and pulled over.

Was a very nice bloke and seemed to know his stuff as he has had some dealings with clampers and was more than happy to give some free advise after getting his car started.

I shall keep everyone updated on the complimentary toilet roll situation

Looney
  • 103Rich
    103Rich Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2012 at 11:12PM
    legoland wrote: »
    Hi, newbie here.

"Unlike the OP, I don't really have a valid reason for stopping there, other than to delay going into the airport car park for a little bit longer, as I was only picking someone up from the airport, and they charge about £2.50 if you stay in the car park longer "

In June 2011 the original airport owners sold the airport but kept the surrounding land. I suspect what you have done and many others have done before you is the very reason the VCS are now in the game, they never used to be when the whole area was owned by one company.

As previously mentioned their signs have all been changed and are more legible from a moving vehicle. Maybe Caroline Flint had something to do with this? I don't know.

Thing is for VCS if the signs are more legible and people chose the £2.50 car park option instead VCS's income will become zero..... Surely a result. Wouldn't you rather support your local airport with £2.50 that VCS with £80.... Should you chose to pay it like nearly 70% of people!!

Just to be clear this wasn't the reason I got a PCN but as others have said ignore if that suits your mentality or write back (not appeal) denying you owe them anything.

Best wishes
  • Also copies of the letters are now up in the op
  • legoland
    legoland Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2012 at 11:30PM
    103Rich wrote: »
    Hi, newbie here.

"Unlike the OP, I don't really have a valid reason for stopping there, other than to delay going into the airport car park for a little bit longer, as I was only picking someone up from the airport, and they charge about £2.50 if you stay in the car park longer "

In June 2011 the original airport owners sold the airport but kept the surrounding land. I suspect what you have done and many others have done before you is the very reason the VCS are now in the game, they never used to be when the whole area was owned by one company.

As previously mentioned their signs have all been changed and are more legible from a moving vehicle. Maybe Caroline Flint had something to do with this? I don't know.

Thing is for VCS if the signs are more legible and people chose the £2.50 car park option instead VCS's income will become zero..... Surely a result. Wouldn't you rather support your local airport with £2.50 that VCS with £80.... Should you chose to pay it like nearly 70% of people!!

Just to be clear this wasn't the reason I got a PCN but as others have said ignore if that suits your mentality or write back (not appeal) denying you owe them anything.

Best wishes

Yes Rich, in retrospect, just accepting the £2.50 charge for the car park would've been a better idea. But when I parked at the roadside, I didn't expect to get photographed by a van and a letter through the post asking me for £60 for it!!

As it happened, I ended up paying £2.50 to park up in the car park anyway, as I figured I wasn't welcome to hang around after being inspected by the ANPR van.
  • legoland
    muckybutt wrote: »
    If they are a different format yes, if you can message crabman and he will then add them to the collection, if not post them here and we'll get crabman to move them. You still need not worry though, I doubt VCS will be going anywhere near any court in the land fora long time, the thoughts of soap on a rope for renshaw smith must be giving him sleepless nights.
    :T

PM sent to Crabman.
  • 103Rich

Yes Rich, in retrospect, just accepting the £2.50 charge for the car park would've been a better idea. But when I parked at the roadside, I didn't expect to get photographed by a van and a letter through the post asking me for £60 for it!!

As it happened, I ended up paying £2.50 to park up in the car park anyway, as I figured I wasn't welcome to hang around after being inspected by the ANPR van.

I know the feeling you'll have experienced when you opened the letter. Was it £60 or £80? The knowledge that someone can just raid your details from the DVLa for £2.50 because of "probable cause" is simply shocking. That more than anything was what got me started researching PPC's Bottom line as many will tell you, you don't owe them anything.

Best wishes
  • legoland
    £60 initially, but they've threatened in the letter to charge me £100 if I don't respond within 14 days.
  • 103Rich
    £60 initially, but they've threatened in the letter to charge me £100 if I don't respond within 14 days.

That's interesting. It used to be £80 going up to £120. OP's pictures show this also.

So how come if their charges are an accurate per estimate of loss (as they are supposed to be) that you have been charged less than the OP? You've both stopped in virtually the same place. Besides how can their losses increase by such a large amount in 14 days? Surely this demonstrates that this is a penalty charge which isn't allowed.

Best wishes
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That's interesting. It used to be £80 going up to £120. OP's pictures show this also.

So how come if their charges are an accurate per estimate of loss (as they are supposed to be) that you have been charged less than the OP? You've both stopped in virtually the same place. Besides how can their losses increase by such a large amount in 14 days? Surely this demonstrates that this is a penalty charge which isn't allowed.

Best wishes

Firstly dont give them credit. It isnt anything official or legal for that matter.

Secondly the reason the amounts are different is because they are fraudsters and can charge what they want - when they want and to who ever they want. What they dont tell you though is that its not legal and strange they dont mention their recent spanking in court.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.