You are doing really well quintwins! :D
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ammonite wrote: »
    You are doing really well quintwins! :D

Aww thanks I like to think I am to :)

Completely forgot I said we'd go see batman today, tickets were £3 each with a booking fee but at least for 60p we get the back row that's £6.60 from the entertainment budget, need to go to poundland for some sweets and drinks, dinners out the window we're having burger king and mil is feeding the kids. I know that's technically a bad thing but I love burger king and we rarely get it.

About to hand some washing out so still being slightly good.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    note to self - stop looking on grabbits, it just depressed you when you really want some (want not need) and you can't afford it .....

i will not transfer any money out of my savings

DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    cinema was good, not good for my purse, which i left in the car so don't have exact figures but yesterday i spent

£17 in sainburys of school things
    £4 shoezone p.e shoes
    £19 in tesco to be fair this did get us quite abit of shopping but some £4 was hubbys deodorant, and £4 was cinema food and school pencils at £1, so considering £10 was food it wasn't bad, got another till split for £3 off £20 which i gave to mil.
    £9 in the cinema on a drink nacho's(def weren't worth it) and a small popcorn.

Need to go lift some mince and pasta sauce out, freezers now pretty full,i added 5 loaves of bread, a bag of chips, 2 500g bags of cheese, battered fish and mince pies.

Going to hang some washing out and pray it doesn't rain, i need to get back to doing surveys so will try do a few tonight.

After yesterday today is def a nsd!!!
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »

1 can i put my cast iron casarole dish in the dishwasher? it's pretty new and i never checked don't want to risk it until i know as altho it was a bargain i'm unlikely to get one as cheap again.

2 my new microwave seems to get really whiffy and mouldy quickly, i hardly ever use it which prob doesn't help but i used it yesterday opened it tonight and there was mould on the plate and it stinks, plate os now in the dishwasher and microwaved has been bleached and zloura'd and left open to air so fingers cross it will smell lovely tomorrow, but does anyone have any suggestions to stop this happening?

Don't put the cast iron casserole dish in the dish washer, it's a pourous material that has been seasoned which can be damaged by the dishwasher. Try just hot water or a bit of salt for scrubbing the bottom.

But after you've used the microwave leave the door open for a while so the steam and water vapour can dry. Also try microwaving a bit of lemon in water for a nice smell. I use mine daily, if brief, I guess that kills any mould.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • quintwins
    Options
    Don't put the cast iron casserole dish in the dish washer, it's a pourous material that has been seasoned which can be damaged by the dishwasher. Try just hot water or a bit of salt for scrubbing the bottom.

But after you've used the microwave leave the door open for a while so the steam and water vapour can dry. Also try microwaving a bit of lemon in water for a nice smell. I use mine daily, if brief, I guess that kills any mould.

A microwave is abit wasted on me, i prefer oven cooked food, i used to use it alot for baked taties, but we rarely have them now, not sure why since we all love them :) have to finsih them off in the oven ofcourse.

i didn't put it in the dishwasher, altho mines sort of coated, i acually checked the selling page i got it from and they said it was dishwasher safe, but when i googled it it said the same as you, it only cost me £20 on a tesco glitch and quickly went up to £80 so i was lucky but i def couldn't buy another if i ruined it.

hmm i wonder if it's too late for to make baked taties for lunch?
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • thriftylass
    Options
    A microwave is abit wasted on me, i prefer oven cooked food, i used to use it alot for baked taties, but we rarely have them now, not sure why since we all love them :) have to finsih them off in the oven ofcourse.

Oh I don't use it for cooking either, also only the occational baked tattie. But I mainly use it to defrost things as I usually forget to take them out in time or to slightly warm up baba's milk if it's straight from the fridge.
  • quintwins
    Options
    Oh I don't use it for cooking either, also only the occational baked tattie. But I mainly use it to defrost things as I usually forget to take them out in time or to slightly warm up baba's milk if it's straight from the fridge.

See i mainly cook from scratch and if i forget to take something out i have things that can be cooked from frozen (like battered fish, chips, pizza, garlic bread lol) i'm usually quite good with it tho, or if i'm using my slowcooker i put the meat in frozen. With my twins i always made bottles as and when i needed them and i would boil the kettle along before and let it coll (have to be prepared with twins nothing worse than 2 screaming babys) and by the time they were on cows milk they liked it cold :) with my youngest i feed him myself and then he went straight into cold milk aswell, he loves cold things tho he's always asking me for lollys and ice cream and eating the ice in his drinks.

well i decided it was too late for baked taties (and prob too hot) so we had the rest of the mini pizzas i made last week, with a request for pepperoni next time lol, kids had some crackers aswell, and picked a few peas in the pop to munch on, cleanings went out the window i'm sat in the garden in my shorts :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • thriftylass
    edited 8 August 2012 at 2:46PM
    Options
    See i mainly cook from scratch and if i forget to take something out i have things that can be cooked from frozen (like battered fish, chips, pizza, garlic bread lol) i'm usually quite good with it tho, or if i'm using my slowcooker i put the meat in frozen. With my twins i always made bottles as and when i needed them and i would boil the kettle along before and let it coll (have to be prepared with twins nothing worse than 2 screaming babys) and by the time they were on cows milk they liked it cold :) with my youngest i feed him myself and then he went straight into cold milk aswell, he loves cold things tho he's always asking me for lollys and ice cream and eating the ice in his drinks.

Baba is on cow's milk now but he gets a funny tummy from loads cold milk (or ice cream, lol) and our fridge is quite cold and we can't change it as it's ancient.

I cook 90%from scratch (well 80, as curry sauce from a jar occationally isn't from scratch;) ) but usually forget to take out the chicken breasts, sausages or cubed brisket etc. Don't have a slowcooker yet but will look into that too. Sounds fab to set it up in the morning and come home to a cook dish
  • quintwins
    Options
    it is fab, and it also means you don't have to worry about defrosting, i'm a sahm so i can cook anyway but some meals taste nicer in the slowocooker, i cook sausages from frozen thats another one of my back up dishes :) i cook them in the oven from frozen, if it'sa link i'll put it on for 10mins then break them apart.

lovely weather here today 5th load of washings in the machine :) i'm nearly all caught up on the stuff i didn't get home when hubby was off/the rain last week, it's suppose to be dry all week, so i'll get all the baskets emptied them get the beds done tomorrow.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family