my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Options

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ok no scrape that, i have a £3 off £20 spend that expires on sunday, if they have there price new books in i'll be stocking up on cheese and cooked meats, if not i'll try again on thur when i'm passing teh big store, hubby is away tonight so gonna grab some of the bogof fanta for in the car.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    ok back from shopping, didn't use my voucher as they didn't have the price news books in and without the deals from them and offers i didn't really need enough to warrant spending £20, i spent £8.45 but for that i got

2 2litre bottles of fanta (for hubby to take away with 2
    2 12packs of walkers crisps (for hubby to take away with him
    4 pack of crunchies (for hubby to take away with him bar one for me
    4 pack of cadburys caramel (for hubby to take away with him bar one for me)
    2 litres of milk
    a loaf of bread
    12 value bread rolls
    bag of sr flour

went to the farm shop for spuds and they didn't have any big sacks, there small bags are really expensive so i got none, problem is this was on the way home so now i have no spuds and no frozen chips, so dinner tonight will be pizza and garlic bread instead, tomorrow will be spag bol and planned and wed will be bol in pittas, so really i don't need spuds til thur anyway :)

off now to have a big tidy up :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    see having no moneys a good thing i can't sleep so i'm browsing the internet and have acually added £30 of things i 'need' to a sports direct basket aswell as a few amazon bits but i can't buy anything because i have no money :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • ammonite
    ammonite Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I "bought" about £60 worth of stuff from Gap and then because my purse was downstairs I was too lazy to checkout - can't have needed it that badly then!!

Good luck with cutting down on fuel, it is one of our biggest outgoings too (along with groceries :D) so that is an area I'm working on reducing.
  • quintwins
    Options
    ammonite wrote: »
    I "bought" about £60 worth of stuff from Gap and then because my purse was downstairs I was too lazy to checkout - can't have needed it that badly then!!

Good luck with cutting down on fuel, it is one of our biggest outgoings too (along with groceries :D) so that is an area I'm working on reducing.

Our fuel is desperate but with no school runs should be lower, hubby is within walking distance of work so can just walk.

lol gotta love lazyness sometimes, i didn't buy anything but i do need a cd wallet for the kids dvds so i will be purchasing that sometime in the near future :)

Need to collect a few very orders today, i really need to stop using this collect plus shop theres no parking at it :(

Other than that it's the usual meals from meal plan and avoiding shops.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Mil took us to McD's last night so free dinner, spag bol tonight then (this meal planning isn't going so well lol but can't be turning down free food lol)

plan for today is to stay indoors and have a nsd gutting the kids room out i might even find a few bits to sell :p
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 1 August 2012 at 11:45PM
    Options
    Found a few bits to sell a bag for the bin and a bag for the charity shop, it took me pretty much all day if they even make that much of a mess again i'll send them to teh charity shop :p

i have a few cleaning questions maybe someone can help me with...

1 can i put my cast iron casarole dish in the dishwasher? it's pretty new and i never checked don't want to risk it until i know as altho it was a bargain i'm unlikely to get one as cheap again.

2 my new microwave seems to get really whiffy and mouldy quickly, i hardly ever use it which prob doesn't help but i used it yesterday opened it tonight and there was mould on the plate and it stinks, plate os now in the dishwasher and microwaved has been bleached and zloura'd and left open to air so fingers cross it will smell lovely tomorrow, but does anyone have any suggestions to stop this happening?

Have a few appointments for the kids tomorrow and i need to grab a sack of spuds aswell.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 2 August 2012 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Just on quickly before i'm off for more appointments, it's dry here today so just hung some washing out, hope i get a few days so i can get the washing piles down before we run out of clothes.

been shopping spent £8.57 on

4 bottles of fanta :o
    milk
    4kg spuds
    2x 500g country life butter reduced to 45p will go in buns they had loads
    bananas
    bread
    part baked baguettes
    ham
    toothbrushes- hubby broke him while he was away, i was hmming and haaaing over the fancy electric ones on bogof but i decided for now to just get the value ones.

adding that to the £1.05 i spent on sweets for the kids a few days ago my spends so far for august (which has only just started!!!) is £18.07 and £43 desil and £6.98 on a dvd wallet to try keep the kids room clean, i'm going to keep a running total to keep me on track.

and in the theme of keeping track i've added £338 to my savings considering it was empty at the end of last week £571 is pretty good going :)

Sent off free school meals and uniform form, not so worried about the uniform grants, but i really hope the meals are threw intime for them starting in sep if not it will cost me £25 a week between that and snacks and i couldn't not send them for a few weeks or with pack lunches as well one f them views the world abit differently and was very upset not to get school dinner on the last day of term and it took me ages to convince him that it would be ok he'd get dinner come sep.I have all teh school uniform bught except a few bits so i will just send it to the savinsg when i get it as there likely to be back at school by then.

Also filled in form to get a refund for my t.v licence, hoping for £70-£80 which will be nice.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Options
    Morning all, not much happening here will be a nsd as i'm feeling abit fluey , i got dressed this morning decided i was cold put my dressing gown on and havent moved since, the cold and flue tablet i took (picked them up in a savers reduced bin for 13p a pack) seemed to really help.

I have some washing on the line i hung out last night it's possibly dry but i can't be bothered to go check it and hang more out.

Kids had cornflakes for breakfast, followed by a banana, i just made them sandwichs using them the tesco garlic sausage ham things someone mentioned n another thread, i had a toasty because i got the last 2 slices of bread and they weren't very soft, it was yummy and i will def be buying that again, kids had homemade rasin biccys for afters, undecided about dinenr i feel awful so might see if i can talk hubby into making some chips, if not i think theres a loaf in the outside freezer we could have beans on toast, must avoid takeaway at all costs!!!!

Hope your all doing well.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    edited 6 August 2012 at 11:19AM
    Options
    Morning all

Only £50 in the savings this week need £170.50 for my elec bill ( that's for the last 3 months) and £150 for my rent aswell as the last few school bits for the kids, need abut of shopping aswell since I'm out of milk and bread.

Filled up soap dispenser with value shampoo.

Made it threw the weekend with no takeaway ( non we paid for anyway).

Got some free saucepans and a stand from a family member.

Got 3 free trout for my freezer that the kids caught in granddads pond.

Hubby fixed my oven door completely free.

Meal plan for the week is as follows

Mon- mince and taties
    Tue- chicken casserole with roasties and yorkshires
    Wed- spag Bol
    Thur- pulled pork or gammon ( can't decide if that roast is gammon or pork shoulder cause it's in tin foil)
    Fri- sausage rolls mash and beans
    Sat- fish and chips
    Sun- something on toast

Off to make toasted muffins for the kids everyone have a nice day.

total saving this month so far £624
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills