Spain Pay As You Go sim card for internet access

Replies

• edited 27 May 2013 at 7:18PM
    park_gatepark_gate Forumite
    55 Posts
    edited 27 May 2013 at 7:18PM
    Done a bit more reseach and found the place to go is a Movistar shop to get a Tuenti SIM ...

http://moving2madrid.com/best-mobile-phone-deals/

Terry
  • park_gatepark_gate Forumite
    55 Posts
    nickcc wrote: »
    Thanks. Just bought the phone Huawei 7220 which is locked to Tesco mobile, tried all the usual unlocking routes even paying in advance but all have refunded saying they're unable to supply code at this time, that's the main reason I've gone for the more expensive pre registered Spanish data sim.

Go back to Tesco and ask them to unlock it. Or if you want to risk it go to the market and get it unlocked (they use a cable).

Terry
  • edited 27 May 2013 at 9:23PM
    virgin11virgin11 Forumite
    70 Posts
    edited 27 May 2013 at 9:23PM
    If you are in the Alicante area just google lowcostmovil and it will show addresses of shop,they do Tuenti sims
  • virgin11virgin11 Forumite
    70 Posts
    Also just to remind you Yoigo charge a minimium of 3 Euros per month which will eat into credits if you travel often.Not sure if Orange do the same.
  • park_gate wrote: »
    Done a bit more reseach and found the place to go is a Movistar shop to get a Tuenti SIM ...

http://moving2madrid.com/best-mobile-phone-deals/

Terry

in MADRID :)
  • virgin11virgin11 Forumite
    70 Posts
    Don't think going into Movistar shop will work.Its like going into Vodafone shop for a ovivo sim
  • virgin11 wrote: »
    Don't think going into Movistar shop will work.Its like going into Vodafone shop for a ovivo sim

It does, but only in Madrid.

Look here
  • dazzaofdagenhamdazzaofdagenham Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    having almost banged nails in my eyes in trying to contact Vodafone for a unlock code for my R205 dongle...It really is hopeless in getting through to anyone.

I was looking in data costs for spain.

It appears the costs are £2 a day for 25mb and then 69p after that per mb.
    Now factor into that the cost of buying a local SIM and the unlocking cost, it may just be worth it in sticking with Vodafone on this trip to Spain
  • having almost banged nails in my eyes in trying to contact Vodafone for a unlock code for my R205 dongle...It really is hopeless in getting through to anyone.

Now factor into that the cost of buying a local SIM and the unlocking cost, it may just be worth it in sticking with Vodafone on this trip to Spain

Your logic is flawed. What happens when you go over 25MB? Easily done.
    At 69p per MB that would be £17.25 for another 25MB and that is just one day.

A local Carrefour mobile broadband SIM costs 10€ and come with four days of unlimited access.

Unlocking, perhaps a pound. Even if you pay a fiver to unlock it's still worth it.

Put your thinking cap back on.

Have you tried another SIM and APN to check if it's locked?
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    having almost banged nails in my eyes in trying to contact Vodafone for a unlock code for my R205 dongle...It really is hopeless in getting through to anyone.

The pre registered data sim I bought from simcardspain is a Spanish Vodaphone sim, would this be suitable for your Vodaphone dongle or would it still need to be unlocked to accept this Sim ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum