IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Is the term Bus Gate legal?

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    Maybe you need to get up to speed on bus gates, and previous rulings, before posting categorical statements to the op?

Do you mean little moi? :cool:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    Directed to anyone that wants to advise motorists. (not me then)
  • muckybutt
    muckybutt Posts: 3,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Directed to anyone that wants to advise motorists. (not me then)

If you cant offer any constructive advice to the op then please dont bother posting !!!!!!
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • mikey72
    Options
    The op asked if bus gate was legal. You clearly can't answer. I pointed this out, and suggested the op get proper advice, so I really can't see your problem.
  • mikey72
    Options
    It's very clear. It's also your opinion, it's also incorrect. The op can choose whether or not to accept your categoric staement, or get further advice, possibly from someone who can post without resorting to swearing to prove his credentials.
  • muckybutt
    edited 30 June 2012 at 10:08PM
    Options
    Ok then seeing as you are cocky enough, prove what you type - show me and everyone else evidence in the TSRGD that there is an authorised marking / signage for the term bus gate because I certainly dont know of one.

If you cant then the term does not exist and is therefore non compliant, unless the council has had specific authorisation from the DFT to alter the road markings.

As you will see from diagram 1048 BUS LANE signage, permitted varients NONE !

Blue Peter badge to you if you can find one....if not jog on troll
  • mikey72
    Options
    muckybutt wrote: »
    Ok then seeing as you are cocky enough, prove what you type - show me and everyone else evidence in the TSRGD that there is an authorised marking / signage for the term bus gate.

If you cant then the term does not exist and is therefore non compliant.

As you will see from diagram 1048 BUS LANE signage, permitted varients NONE !

Blue Peter badge to you if you can find one....if not jog on troll

No problem. Glad you sorted the op out in the end. Do you suggest he just bins the ticket, as it obviously isn't legal? Or purely base his defence on your unchallenged and obviously well worded argument that will assure him an unequivocal win? Just off for a jog now in fact. I’ll leave you basking.
  • muckybutt
    Options
    No problem. Glad you sorted the op out in the end. Do you suggest he just bins the ticket, as it obviously isn't legal? Or purely base his defence on your unchallenged and obviously well worded argument that will assure him an unequivocal win? Just off for a jog now in fact. I’ll leave you basking.

I rest my case no constructive evidence from you as we all thought, just hot air and more boll**s
  • mikey72
    Options
    By all means rest your case, m'lud. I'm not the one appealing. (Neither are you). I reckon the op can work it out from the responses for himself now anyway.
  • muckybutt
    Options
    I love hitting that :spam: button, hopefully the forum team will clear this thread up as requested
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport