Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's just great news about the shower! I love a good deal especially when saving that much money.
    I hope that help even out some of your overruns a bit. And then you scored again with the trip prices! Maybe you should go buy a lottery ticket.:cheesy:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 26 June 2016 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Sadly the lottery win went to my mother-in-law, who was delighted with her £25!

This weekend's jobs in no particular order:
    • [STRIKE]Weed vegetable patch[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Hook up electric fence to a battery before the pony breaks the tape[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Laundry (started)[/STRIKE]
    • Ironing
    • [STRIKE]Order insulation for house[/STRIKE] - £1,778 :eek::eek::eek:
    • [STRIKE]Measure up for downstairs flooring[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Make cake for roofers - in the oven, just have to pour the drizzle over it when it's cooked.[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Do at least four transcription files [/STRIKE]
    Save
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats to MIL on her win, I too won the same amount! :D

I am glad you got your priorities right and left the ironing! I actually managed to get through mine. Until the next day when there was more.....! :)
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    You mean people still iron? Not sure I can't support that. :rotfl:
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Okay, who nicked June? Seriously, it seems like only five minutes ago it was the end of May!

Not brilliant scores on the doors this month, (a) because I was away for a week and (b) because I'm in the middle of a big project that I won't be able to invoice for until next month, but here we go anyway:

Mr RPC: £526.80
    NEL: £232.50
    Market research agency: £429.88
    Journalist #2: £64.00

Total £1,253.18

Also did about £180-worth on this project in progress, so it wasn't too far short of a normal month, despite having the week away. Nothing for Large Agency this month, I simply haven't had time, and I've had to turn down two interesting-sounding focus groups for next week as well.

I am trying very hard not to look at what I spent in June :o I put all my receipts for the month into YNAB and reconciled it all a few days ago, but only plucked up the courage to look at the budget tab today. I spent £13,550.21 on the house renovations down the road :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: - I've decided the best way to handle this in YNAB is to have a category called Croft House Borrowings which is having overspending carried forward as a category balance, rather than rolling it forward and making the 'to budget' figure massively negative. When it gets mortgaged, that category can be paid off.

All the spending has finally put the Barclaycard into a negative figure again, so when the statement gets generated in a couple of weeks' time, I'll pay it off from the cash stashed in the mortgage offset and then assuming the Brexit vote hasn't caused Barclaycard to stop offering money transfers, take the maximum available to me off both cards. That should see me through the rest of the roof, the electrics, the heating and possibly the joinery/carpentry work before we have to raid Mr Minx's Barclaycards and pull the same stunt.

Right, back to the typing - I got the outstanding queue down to 2 hours at lunchtime, but another 1hr45 came rumbling over this afternoon. I think that's my weekend sorted!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I've decided the best way to handle this in YNAB is to have a category called Croft House Borrowings which is having overspending carried forward as a category balance, rather than rolling it forward and making the 'to budget' figure massively negative. When it gets mortgaged, that category can be paid off.

This is what we've done for our stoozed CCs/kitchen loan/etc. :) Only trick is to remember to account for any payment that needs to go to the loan in your budget.

I also can't believe it's July already!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Got the queue down to 1hr45 again this morning and then had another 2hr45 in, however some of it is at £1 a minute, so not minding that at all :D

Good news - I am back in the saddle, having ridden Finn twice since Saturday (poor pony is in shock!)
    Bad news - I now want to upgrade my old-style FlexEE saddle to a Vogue, which currently start from £1,599...I think second hand may be the way to go, once I've saved up (they're treeless, so not so much of an issue with fitting buying second hand).

Right, nose back to grindstone, those roofers need paying!
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Treeless? You lost me...
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Treeless? You lost me...

Ah, sorry, I forget horsey terminology can be very peculiar :D The traditional way to make a saddle is to build it around a frame, traditionally wood, nowadays often moulded plastic, which is called a tree. These are rigid structures, so they come in different widths to fit different shapes of horse and in an ideal world you need a qualified saddle fitter to make sure that the saddle fits your horse properly and when your horse changes shape (e.g. gets more muscle over its back and expands as a result) you generally need a new saddle, though some are adjustable by a saddler to a certain extent.

The saddle I want to buy, the Vogue, is technically treeless, but unlike most treeless saddles, it rides almost identically to a treed one, because it's made out of built-up layers of material that gives the same support as a tree. More about them here: http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/softree_range.htm I currently have the saddle Heather made on a flexible leather tree, which is a sort of halfway house between a conventional saddle and the Vogue (and over £1,000 cheaper than a Vogue!), but I've ridden in a Vogue and they are absolutely amazingly comfortable and incredibly easy to sit in the right position in.

Another two files arrived today, meaning that in all the typing I've done over the past two days, I've managed to reduce the queue by a grand total of five minutes :rotfl::rotfl: Just finishing off the last 90 seconds of a market research file and then off down the road to make sure my other house isn't on fire - the roofers have been cutting away the old roof on the front today and the timber up there is so dry that even though they soaked everything down with buckets of water before starting work, they asked me to go down and double-check last thing that there had been no sparks smouldering away. They gave me a present today, my very own hard hat, which was useful, because I put my brave pants on and climbed up the scaffolding. I've been told to write BOSS on the front of it in permanent marker :D:D:D
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Very interesting information and article. This is an English saddle not dressage? I really like the way it says it fits both rider and horse.

BOSS! They're funny! Hope they are good at roofing!!
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family