Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 1 August 2016 at 11:13AM
    Options
    If I'm a bit silent for the next two weeks, it's because I'm going through an even more than usually busy patch.

On Monday evening I'm catching a flight south to spend Tuesday and Wednesday working in Mr RPC's office. Before I go I have to:
    • [STRIKE]Finish 3.5 hours of focus group transcription for the market research company (2.5 hours already done)[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Finish an hour of interview for Journalist #3 (an hour already done)[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]File a load of work emails for Mr RPC and do a hand-over to his client manager who was on holiday last week[/STRIKE]
    • Prepare for the meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday
    • [STRIKE]Draw up a scale layout drawing of the kitchen for the electrician[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Invoice all my clients[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Get my hay turned and baled (weather permitting)[/STRIKE] - weather isn't going to permit!
    • [STRIKE]Sweep out the hay byre[/STRIKE] and take the pile of pallets my neighbour said I could have down there to stack the hay on
    • [STRIKE]Do all the laundry[/STRIKE], conquer the ironing mountain, [STRIKE]make sure I have lots of clean bedding and towels[/STRIKE] because...
    I get back late on Wednesday night and on Thursday afternoon Mr Minx's niece and her family are coming to stay until Sunday. So on Thursday I need to:
    • Muck out the annexe for her daughter to sleep in
    • Change the sheets on the spare bed
    • Set up the sofa bed
    • Get through a 45 minute file for NEL by Friday
    Before Tuesday the following week I need to:
    • Cajole Mr Minx into finishing the new fence around the vegetable patch
    • Transfer some money into my new business account
    • Find out what time the auction starts on Tuesday 9th
    Tuesday 9th I need to:
    • Buy some lambs :D:D
    See you all in about 10 days' time!!
    Save
    Save
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whew! Now that's an impressive list!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I forgot two, now added in - draw up a scale layout drawing of the kitchen for my electrician and invoice everyone on the 1st August!
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Delegate the annexe and bed making to Mr Minx.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Verbatim wrote: »
    Delegate the annexe and bed making to Mr Minx.

I can hand off the bed-making, but not the annexe if I ever want to find any of my stuff ever again - it's 95% my junk in here! He's given me a hand clearing out the byre though, and I've delegated the pallets to him. He's currently putting the chains back on the baler, but I've been for a chat with Ronald, who reckons I should let it lie until we get a longer gap.

Before and after byre pic!
    byre%202_zps9uwa3dgn.jpg
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Kitchen drawing done - not quite enough room on A4 to do it 1:10, so had to do it 1:12 and now my brain is hurting from the maths! But I think it works - I'll look at it again in the morning and get some feedback from my electrician when he's next up before I go into Howdens to get it priced up.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Kitchen drawing done - not quite enough room on A4 to do it 1:10, so had to do it 1:12 and now my brain is hurting from the maths! But I think it works - I'll look at it again in the morning and get some feedback from my electrician when he's next up before I go into Howdens to get it priced up.

Now that's exciting!
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Now that's exciting!

Well, the more eyes the merrier, so if anyone wants a look: http://househoarder.com/kitchen-design/

Invoicing done, so here are July's scores on the doors:

Journalist #4 - £54.00
    Market research project 1 - £609.05
    NEL - £273.50
    Market research project 2 - £209.80
    Small agency - £34.00
    Journalist #2 - £82.66
    Mr RPC - £624.60

Total - £1,887.61 :D:D:D:D:D:D

That's better! August is going to be a quiet month though, Mr RPC is away on holiday from the end of next week and NEL is on holiday at the end of the month (and she tends to be university work, which also dries up in August). I'm still on the books at Large Agency (I hope!) so although I obviously won't be their first choice for work, given I haven't done anything for them for a few months, I can at least sign up for shifts if I don't get enough work to tide me over from other sources.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I think it's going to be wonderful and whoo whee a plate rack and a wine cooler!
    It looks workably functional and interesting. I'd switch the drawers and the bottom cabinet...so it would be next to the stove and closer to the dishwasher. But that's just me. Is the opposite wall fireplace the one you have to lose? Hope not!
    And what kind of a sink? Very exciting!
    [Regina Brett]
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really speeding up now! Do you think you'll be open for visitors for Xmas?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure