Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Big girl pants found, pony sat on, and all went well. Currently looking like this :D:D:D:D:D

woohoo :) Well done, I need to get my big girl pants on too and ride my hossie, feel like need to start from scratch a bit but should be ok.
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    June income round up!

Mr RPC: £714.80
    NEL: £63.50
    Big agency: £111.63
    Journalist #2: £64.00
    Market research agency: £678.62

Total: £1,632.55

Smashed my £1,250 minimum requirement again, but the way the bills are about to start piling up down the road, that's no bad thing!!
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Actually, I've just added up typing income for February, March, April and May and taken out 4 x £1,250 - there was £1,332 left over. Think I need to recalculate my minimum requirement, because I don't think my net worth has gone up by that over the same period! That £1,250 probably doesn't take into account the extra croft expenses and should be nearer £1,600...
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Flying in to say I've updated my signature and old debt is now below £4,000 :D and I'm paying mortgage interest on under £100,000 (until the £7,200 cheque I wrote on Friday for the first payment on the roof down the road gets cashed, anyway...)
  • JustAboutThere
    Options
    Sorry to hear from the blog that one fireplace can't be saved.

Perhaps before its all boarded up, enclose a copy of the pricing / insurance estimate so if anyone else down the line does open it up, they know what thought process already went into the idea / why it was decided against.

Good thing the PA work is ticking along - that's some serious costings you've got coming along. But well worth it in the end.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just checking in..all fab Caz..well done you xxxxxxx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    House is coming on apace Caz! Love reading the House Hoarder.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Back from a fab week away - two days in London where I met up with lots of friends, my brother and Mr RPC and did a lot of furniture research in Heal's and John Lewis (therefore making it a business trip on both typing and house fronts ;) ) and then the rest of the time down at my mum's house in Stroud.

Managed to get quite a lot of work done while I was away, but still have a backlog to catch up on next week, and I suspect I spent most of what I earned in the Fat Face outlet shop in Gloucester Quays, but I love their clothes and I spent £69 in total on items that would have been £185 new. Plus I didn't spend anything in the White Stuff, Phase 8, Musto, Regatta or Crew Clothing outlet shops :A:A:A:A

Husband, horses and sheep all pleased to see me back and the dog was so excited she threw up, bless her! Back to work for Mr RPC, NEL and the market research people tomorrow, plus we should have an electrician, joiner and roofing team on site down the road, so it's going to be right back into the thick of things.
    Save
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    See how good you were! And bargain shopping at the one place you did purchase clothes!!

It's good to get away and then it's good to come home. Poor dog though.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I am *nearly* caught up with work, though have more incoming tomorrow late afternoon on an overnight turnaround. Good thing Mr Minx is away for work - and I was planning on staying up to watch the referendum results anyway.

After a series of budget overruns, I've managed to save some money this week - I had £700 budgeted for a shower tray and shower screen (it's going to run the entire width of the bathroom), but Mr Minx noticed a huge sale on shower enclosures on one of the big bathroom websites and I nabbed a 1400 x 900 shower tray with walk-in enclosure of 8mm thick glass panels and a return (little panel that stops the water splashing out backwards) and a shower trap for £297 including delivery to the Highlands :D

Today I've improved the shining hour by booking my flights to go and spend a couple of days in Mr RPC's office at the beginning of August. I was expecting them to be horrendous because of the school holidays, but I've got a hand luggage only return for £59 and two days of car hire for £37. The car hire people wanted another £36 to bring the insurance excess down from £1,000 to £250, but I shopped around on that and found a policy via the AA that does the same thing for £7.20.

Just accommodation to sort out now - I think Mr RPC is paying for a night in the local pub for me and his other remote worker, but I don't fancy a two-hour drive from Luton when my flight doesn't land until 10.15pm, so am looking at Travelodges around the halfway point and they're coming in at just under £50 for the night, not too horrendous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure