🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is quite a story about your pony. You may have only had a mild concussion, but being throw from a galloping horse several times would cause anyone to take things very slowly with him. He sounds like a real love though, so I'm sure you will be back on him in no time.
    I've been thrown from a hard mother mare who got spooked by a rattlesnake and then started galloping straight for a barbed wire fine. She slid to a stop right at the fence and I was thrown over her head and over the fence into cactus. I grazed the barbed wire and still have that scar, plus the memory of having to have all those spines pulled out. And I was wearing shorts! That was 40 years ago, but the thought of it still gives me the hebejebes!:eek:
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ow, ow, ow, Mila!! My neighbour could sympathise with you; her horse took off for home coming down the hill opposite us, she knew she was coming off and she had the choice to let go immediately and land in a load of gorse bushes or hang on for as long as possible and probably end up on the tarmac - she picked the gorse bushes, but was getting prickles out for DAYS.

I already have five hours of audio for next week with more to come, so I think I'm going to be spending most of the long weekend typing! The finances are looking surprisingly healthy though, which is good - it means I worry less about taking a week off next month when I visit Mum (and perhaps means there's a bit in the kitty for a trip to the Fat Face Outlet at Gloucester Quays ;) ). Talking of Fat Face, I'm glad I bought those shoes full price, because they've sold out in my size and I love them. (Though if they'd still had some left I'd have been narked, because they're down to £20 now!)

It's now 16 weeks until we go away and I have 12lbs still to lose. I've actually managed to lose a stone so far this year, so I'm halfway there, but I've been bouncing about in the same 4lb range for the whole of this month, so I need to get some discipline back and re-start the downwards trend. I find it's always easier to lose weight when the sun is shining though, so I hope it'll be not too much of a problem to stick to my enormous salads. I've started doing some core exercises each morning as well - planks, glute bridges and V-sits - along with some sort of yoga-ish stretches, which I hope will give me the confidence to sashay to my sun lounger in front of a lot of immaculately maintained, bronzed 40-something French women without them all peering over their sunglasses at me in a 'Zut alors, she's let herself go' kind of way.

Onwards and downwards, in all aspects of life!
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    I just love to have a seriously motivating goal for losing weight! Snooty French women? Lol. That's a great one!

I just had to look at Fat Face online as I had never heard the name. Great clothes that are so cute, but something I don't understand...bikini tops sold separately... what do you wear for the bottoms? (Ours are sold with the bikini bottoms)
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    They do bottoms too :) Most of their range is mix and match - for example, if you type rib stripe into their search box, they've got three styles of top and two styles of bottom in that pattern, or you could have a striped top and plain bottoms or the other way round.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    That's nice to have a choice and you can switch up your look. Makes great sense.
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Big girl pants found, pony sat on, and all went well. Currently looking like this :D:D:D:D:D
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done! Frog swallowed.
    V
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Ahh, such great news that he let you sit on him without him high tailing it across the pasture. And good job you for getting back up on him!!:T:T:T::j:j:j
    [Regina Brett]
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    I have naked sheep!

shorn%20sheep_zps3vneigkl.jpg

£30 very well spent and I've got all this to teach myself to process fleece and needlefelt with.

wool_zps9pgkzwsj.jpg
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Those sheep look fat and happy.
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories