Comments

• its fab - i love it ..... just applied for first £10 rewards woucher off survey site - get in!
    Dec 2011 £141,000 / dec 2013 £135,000/ Jan 2014 £131,000 / July 2014 £129 000
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Moneycurious :)

Sorry to hear you've not had the most successful day on the Xmas shopping front. Well done on resisting the dress purchase though!
    Any more news from your bank?

BW
  • well heard nothing off the bank... debit card still getting declined - on the plus side - i have my credit card back..... was aiming to not buy any clothes... but another drama. I have to have an operation a week on monday - so sorry you will be getting bombarded with me!!! ended up going buying trackies and hoodie, a new overnight bag, pj's flannels , and lots of bleach and disinfectants - hence yesterday a full spring clean - including windows of chez moneycurious. Had to also by a bed - already had the matteres but dont want oh catching me in his state of unrest and causing more damage! Lunch is already in the own, he's tarmacing the drive, and i am - well doing the ironig . Have got mountais of work to get through ( at work!) this week, but want home to be as settled as it can be. got to go and pay in the OP to - fuel lights on with 23 miles to go - awaiting his lordship filling it up. on the plus stide - i will be getting xmas presents sorted, wrapped and away over the next few weeks including oh's. and no fuel for 3 weeks . hopefully it will make a massive improvemnt on my life - but we can only hope.
    oh is over his tummy bug and eating everything in site - also another reason why i surgically cleanesed the house.
    was frosty here this am, got a friend coming aroud with some books and dvds to borrow whilst i am off - so got the woodburner in ready for her arrival!
    anyways best go and do that ironing - unfortunately it wont do it its self!!! ttfn MC xx:A
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    I'm sorry to hear that your problems with the bank are still ongoing moneycurious, I hope that you do end up with some goodwill compensation after this length of time.

Glad your OH is better, but you're going in for an OP??? That's not so good and I hope the recovery is nice and quick for you.

Enjoy your wood-burner this afternoon (this is definitely on my 'features list' when I eventually have the money to grand design my house).

Enjoy the remaining of your weekend

NP:D
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • well oh still outside - seemed made up about having freezer rejects for lunch - hot baguettes and hot chicken - oh well!! ironing done. wedding present for next may ordered ( linen basket to fill with factory second towels) - as mite as well have it delived whilst i am off. looking for presents on line now..... got OH's parents stuff to wrap . need to find oh's 30th bday present yet , plus my parents and sister n her OH's.
    not looking forward to op - had it before , and couldnt movefor a week - back then i was morgage free!! and mother looked after me, feel like that mite happen again........................
    looking for a holiday but oh wont let me - says teh drive and the bed have been enough - and need to know the outcome for the stomach prob.. coz if its ok we will be trying for a bambino mc - however 2 years of trying hasnt worked as yet!!!
    anyways enough moaning - there shopping to be done xx
  • only me again.... just realisted that i could op the morgage this month by 1800 plus my 105 plus any bday money....... not sure if should do it in one hit or as previous drip feed :p
  • 115 paid today , balance now is 137834.73!!!
  • morning, feeling sorry for myself - had a few days of nsd...due to the op. touble is i si getr bored . just had a shirty emial off paupal stating i owe ebay 38p - but it would appear that the fraud team have shut down this - so no idea how going to get that money accross now - hey ho.... to be honest had completely forgotten about it all.
    just watching the office of national stats - out of ress=ession - i hope interest rates dont go up - we will be screwed ... oh still hasnt got our other house rented out.
    but mad as i thought he was paying a bill ( coz he to be honest pays for very little), and he isnt - he always squiggles out of it....grrrr. but dont want to kick off just yet.
    going to look for insurance for house today as needs renewing in dec. hows everyone else geting on... on the plus stide all xmas shopping done!!!! woow!
  • Hiydi Hi!!! well i'm finally on the mend - and got some fantastic news been offered a new job so 3 grand better off, with the possibility of promotion. so excited. down side that its funny the higher you climb the less formal you have to be , so suited and booted is now smart casual, so had to order some "best clothes" for work, next will be rubbing thir hands together - gone for black jeans, with 3 jumpers and i will jsut mix in what already got or down grade what already had - so thats £72 that wasnt expecting to spend......hope everyone else is good. been really good and got the oh into ms, he joined me at half 3 on sunday scowering the reduced shelf... so freezer now full and just fresh stuff to buy at end of the week. they say good things come to those who wait .... down side is still off for another few weeks . on plus side, all xmas presents got, wrapped and bagged up fpr delivery. christmas cards wrote and house tidy xx
  • morning!!! well after a heated debate with oh last night , he stated we have used half of the oil in our tank since july ( its an instant boiler so hot water etc is heated as neede), but we have showers every day, .... i found it odd as , granted being off i suppose i have hit the button as i couldnt bend to put the wood in the woodburner|! but.... i have been having hot flushes over the past couple of mongths due to my illness , but woke up last night, red hot, as i have been for a while, so got up for a drink - and yes - you guessed it - scrouge has miss set the timer and the heating is coming on 2 - 4 ..... so as he woke up this am he got it - theres me frightened of putting heating on and we are burning money whilst we sleep!!!!!!
    on the job side, they want me to start asap.:j
    i tried my "economical" fake tan to changing bake fake at £22 a pop, to st morticha! well did the gface and arms in normal and legs in cheapy - as i thought being off no one will see the umpalumpa - so far so good...... but its still not light properly!!! :undecided

on the shopping front, oh's xmas present arrived - but going back decided dont like - love free p n p!!!!

also decided to go seasonal on the 2nd job with the promo, but got a little helping job cleaning at a family members house , so that will start asap when fit again! :T_party_

ne ways off to catch up on you lot!!! XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure