Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chinwoman wrote: »
    Message to Customers from Stephen Hester RBS Group Chief Executive
    ....snip............
    We have doubled the usual number of staff in our call centres....................
    snip.....

Surely this must be a joke - - - how can they possibly have found, in the space of two days, one skilled and trained person for every existing CS person? How can they possible even have found so many unskilled and untrained people in such a short period of time?

This is the least credible corporate statement I have heard in a while.

Such statements from a CEO (allegedly - - more likely Hester's words been written by some oink in the RBS PR department) just add insult to injury.

Would have been a lot more convincing if they had just set up an 0800 number for people to call, instead of magically doubling their CS.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok doesnt look like much is going to happen tonight then! are diect debits leaving your accounts getting to their destination though, as have heard a few people say it shows the direct debit has left but hasnt reached where its meant to be.. thats whats happened to me, Money from natwest is meant to be in lloyds tsb account, it shows having left natwest but doesnt show in lloyds!

Looks like its stuck somewhere!

We had cash going into the RBS account from another RBS account which shows as gone from the second account and after showing for 2 days on the current account has now dissappeared. The payments including the mortgage which had showed as cleared on weds now all list as "pending". I rang the mortgage company who said their aware of the issues and at the moment the payment shows as "pending" on their system and as far as they know should eventually pass through the system and not incure interest or charges. But they advised to ring on Monday to check again :(.

Thought we were Ok as the payments were all on weds, but now everything is up in the air.

If these issues don't unwind properly alot of people are going need to chase the credit ref agencies to get stuff amended.

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    Can't see any statements on my account right now, "service temporarily unavailable"

Yes me too, purposely avoiding making any transactions on any Natwest accounts until this all blows over.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,053 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Surely this must be a joke - - - how can they possibly have found, in the space of two days, one skilled and trained person for every existing CS person? How can they possible even have found so many unskilled and untrained people in such a short period of time?

Such statements from a CEO (allegedly - - more likely Hester's words been written by some oink in the RBS PR department) just add insult to injury.

Would have been a lot more convincing if they had just set up an 0800 number for people to call, instead of magically doubling their CS.

I'm sure its quite easy to double the number of people normally working on a Saturday, offering overtime to the usual Mon-Friday workers could easily generate the necessary number of people/
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options

Offshore tech resources can be bought in and doubled when needed and then reduced later. It's the way these offshore resource centres work on project packs.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    Still not had our salary payment. I wonder if we will ever actually get it?

DH hasn't had his either and because we are not a Natwest customer we can't even claim back the returned DD fees etc or ask for the emergency cash by proving his wages are due to go in.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options

I expect they have asked those not scheduled to be on shift to work - overtime and not just randomly found extra people like you imply.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    I'm sure its quite easy to double the number of people normally working on a Saturday, offering overtime to the usual Mon-Friday workers could easily generate the necessary number of people/

The is a company over in Bangor (NI) ,Teleperformance,who have a RBS campaign,about 150 staff there,they have a dedicated recruitment agency in Bangor who just recruit for them,so it'd be easy to hire staff back or move staff from other campaigns to cover,like they did when the big floods happened a few years ago.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 June 2012 at 8:08PM
    Options

Oh yeah... oops! :D

Well spotted. I was just reading an article by Simon Read of the Independent, this carry on's addled my brain!
  • dmliverpool
    dmliverpool Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vote with your feet. I'm staying but as soon as they mess up again I'm off. It's not something that happens regularly and if you live week by week it may guide you to save a little for a rainy day etc. also I always have enough cash knocking about to last about a week as I don't really trust banks.
    The harder one works the luckier one gets!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure