Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    I used to pay Council Tax by DD. Then found out that my County Council accept credit card payments. As a one off payment, every month or whenever you like.
    blitzboy wrote: »
    Me too. Also South West Water have recently started taking credit card payments without charge:)

It's always worth checking.

To avoid everyone having to pay more for those who opt to pay the council tax this way, our council make a 2.3% surcharge for those paying by credit card.

As I mentioned in common with many utility suppliers, my water supplier offers a nice little discount for agreeing to pay by direct debit :)

(Though I did buy my BT Line Rental Saver from using the card :))
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    waqasahmed wrote: »
    A sat nav for £95,

I use my road atlas. Cost £1.99 about 6 years ago and still does me fine :)

They were doing a nice one for 79p in Home Bargains a few weeks back, but I decided I really didn't need to splash out on a new one at the moment.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    I downloaded a free Sat Nav application for my phone. Works perfect and much easier than having to read a road atlas whilst driving. I still read a map before starting off however to have a general idea of where I'm going and to make sure the nav doesn't direct me to a local field or a road just wide enough for a horse and trap.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    I downloaded a free Sat Nav application for my phone. Works perfect and much easier than having to read a road atlas whilst driving. I still read a map before starting off however to have a general idea of where I'm going and to make sure the nav doesn't direct me to a local field or a road just wide enough for a horse and trap.

Really comes into its own when the junction you planned to exit is shut and it recalcs route, that is one in the eye for the atlas especially if you do not have a navigator :)
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »

They were doing a nice one for 79p in Home Bargains a few weeks back, but I decided I really didn't need to splash out on a new one at the moment.

It's not for me. Besides, I've grown up in the digital world of sat navs and Im a computing student, so I do love my gadgets :)
  • waqasahmed
    waqasahmed Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »

With all due fairness, the phone sat nav just isn't *that* wide, but I do like the Google navigation system, and the Tomtom 1005 *really* helped me on the motorways when I first started, because of things like lane positioning
  • StevieJ
    Options
    I received my pin number last Thursday but still not received card, in peoples experience how long a gap is there normally with Aqua
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was nearly a week for me, I'd give it a couple more days.
  • StevieJ
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    It was nearly a week for me, I'd give it a couple more days.

Thanks, arrived today.
  • Jaxer
    Jaxer Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll be coming up to the £100 mark soon so I'll be swapping back to my Halifax rewards card .

Does anyone know what happens after the first year with Aqua - do they pay any cashback after the promo period, or does it go back to a "standard" card?

(I know I have to keep it open until the cashback comes through but I'm just thinking ahead)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure