We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Ok - First spend on card 15th September. Statement 5th October, Cashback earned £58. Largest purchase £359.98.

Credit Limit £250 :)

How did you manage that? I'm sure i've read that if you overload the card you are likely to loose the cashback.

Only ask as I've got MOT at the end of the month and not feeling optimistic :rotfl:
  • kaloss
    kaloss Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2012 at 10:03AM
    Options
    lisyloo wrote: »
    Well, that's probably why your documents have been rejected then !!!
    How about following the instructions :-)

What do you need to ask them?
    It's pretty clear isn't it? they don't accept the post office certification.

The instruction didn't gave me a list of acceptable certification authorities. They just said that they had do be certified by an "appropriate individual" (and they provide this website for reference that doesn not work http://www.aquacard.co.uk/ID) I don't see why they should not accept a post office certification. I've also paid for the service http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-services/passport-identity/identity-checking-service :mad:
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know when the statements/bills are issued?

I see in my online account, they will want the payment by the 1st of the month at the latest, but how long before this do they send me a statement/bill?
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2012 at 10:08AM
    Options
    blitzboy wrote: »
    How did you manage that? I'm sure i've read that if you overload the card you are likely to loose the cashback.

Only ask as I've got MOT at the end of the month and not feeling optimistic :rotfl:

Perhaps they pre-loaded the card?
    You will lose the cashback if you go over the card limit, but I don't think you lose it if you pre-load the card.
    But there was something in the terms against pre-loading the card I think, but it was only that they might send the money back particularly if funded from another store or credit card.
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    They can't show the transaction until its completed, where they can show the authorisation amounts taken.

I know what I've spent, so no, I don't find it annoying.

I find it annoying.

Not because I don't know what I've spent, clearly I do, but it seems ridiculous that they obviously have the information available and to choose not to show it to us.

Fair enough the transactions have not completed, but I see no reason why they couldn't have "pending transactions" detailed by merchant and amount as opposed to just a total value.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hooloovoo wrote: »
    Fair enough the transactions have not completed, but I see no reason why they couldn't have "pending transactions" detailed by merchant and amount as opposed to just a total value.
    I think Capital One shows details of individual pending transactions, including the merchant name.
  • mrchagle
    mrchagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if the amount of cash back earned is availble on their website when you sign in, or just on the paper statement they send?
    If I've help in anyway, please remember to thank me :-)
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mrchagle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the amount of cash back earned is availble on their website when you sign in, or just on the paper statement they send?

Just the paper statement.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,694 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The instruction didn't gave me a list of acceptable certification authorities.

My apologies.
    I would put in a formal complaint.
    Ask them for your money back for the post office certification as they did not provide the information.
    There is an independent ombudsman that can rule on this so I think you'd be likely to get your money back if you write a formal complaint stating what the problems were and what you want.

However if they have NOW provided a list then clearly you need to follow that. If you don't agree with their choice of certifiers then sorry but that's neither here not there. It's up to them.
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    Perhaps they pre-loaded the card?
    You will lose the cashback if you go over the card limit, but I don't think you lose it if you pre-load the card.
    But there was something in the terms against pre-loading the card I think, but it was only that they might send the money back particularly if funded from another store or credit card.

Yes thats why I ask, I'm sure i remember seeing in the T&Cs that you can't pre-load. So if you do pre-load I assumed that would be breaking the T&Cs and therefore you forfeit the cashback.

I probably wont risk it anyway, just in case!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport