Aqua Reward Credit Card - 3% cashback up to £100/year

Options

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    how long does it take to get the card from applying?

A couple of weeks, so do it ASAP.
    I believe I had to sign a form.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah it takes a few weeks to get the card and PIN. You sign up online, then get something in the post that you have to sign and send back (including direct debit thingy if you choose that), then you get your PIN, then your card.
  • Happy_Shrimper
    Options
    Drat! Exceeded my credit limit and got £12 fine! All due to fact my first full DD isn't due for another week.
    Phoned to pay off excess, but guy didn't know about cashback when asked if it would be wiped out for exceeding.
    Wouldn't normally exceed as only use for fuel, but as first DD date was about 6 weeks, slipped over.
    Will this render the card useless for the year now in terms of cashback, or just wipe out what is earned so far?
    Any ideas?
    Just wonder if I should switch back to amex cashback now :-(
    Does exceeding Credit limit also hit credit record????
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No cashback for you.
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    I continue to be amazed at the number of people who are savvy enough to take out a cashback credit card, but are apparently unable to do as simple a task as keep track of how much they have spent. :(
  • lawstudent
    lawstudent Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hooloovoo wrote: »
    I continue to be amazed at the number of people who are savvy enough to take out a cashback credit card, but are apparently unable to do as simple a task as keep track of how much they have spent. :(

The only reason I haven't applied for this card is that Aqua gives such low credit limits. I sympathise with people in this situation because if you basically have to max out the card each month to get full cash back it must be difficult.
    Graduated 16 July 2013 with First Class Honours :j
    House Deposit: £6,493.10 - Cashback Total: £447.67
  • Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    lawstudent wrote: »
    The only reason I haven't applied for this card is that Aqua gives such low credit limits. I sympathise with people in this situation because if you basically have to max out the card each month to get full cash back it must be difficult.

But you don't. It's been covered many many times in this thread. There are many ways to pay. You don't even have to wait for a statement.

I mean, how hard is it to keep track of what you've spent? There's only you spending on the card, it's not like anything appears as a surprise.
  • lisyloo
    Options
    I continue to be amazed at the number of people who are savvy enough to take out a cashback credit card, but are apparently unable to do as simple a task as keep track of how much they have spent.

I suggested direct debit for people who have difficulty and got called "patronising" for my suggetion.
    Go figure.
  • lisyloo
    Options
    because if you basically have to max out the card each month to get full cash back it must be difficult

It's not hard at all.
    You can simply make interim payments whenever you like, it's very easy.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    Will this render the card useless for the year now in terms of cashback, or just wipe out what is earned so far?
    It'll wipe out what is earned so far and be useless now until the card anniversary. It'll also be reported on your credit report that you exceeded your credit limit.

I pay my card off at the end of each week to prevent the balance getting too high and also means I automatically pay more than the minimum amount so hopefully never miss a payment (probably will now).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure