Options

Comments

• Hooloovoo
    Hooloovoo Posts: 1,281 Forumite
    Options
    Blue_Max wrote: »
    That works out a spend of £3333.00 per year

That will only get you £95 cashback.

See previous discussion in thread. You need to spend an extra 34 pence. :)
  • ikstau
    Options
    If they say the'll contact you in 10 days, does that mean I'm likely to be rejected?
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No.
    It simply means that computer couldn't find your details electronically at that time.
    That could be because your details aren't present on-line but it could also have been a temporary glitch.
    It means absolutely nothing about your acceptance status either way unless you aren't on the electoral role (which is bad).

I've had both. Mostly my details are found on line, but occassionally not.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Has anyone tried asking for a credit limit increase on the activation call?
  • Katexx
    Katexx Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine came today & I set up a direct debit to pay off in full every month while I was on the activation call. Didn't think to ask for a credit limit (mine is only £250 so will definitely be asking in a few months).
    Kate.
  • Plxply
    Plxply Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Has anyone tried asking for a credit limit increase on the activation call?

They will tell you no and that they will automatically increase it over the next few months. I think it's rather obvious they give everyone a low starting limit to prevent you immediately receiving the cashback in one month and then not using the card any longer.
  • Jaxer
    Jaxer Posts: 204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If I buy something through Paypal would it be eligible for cashback on the Aqua card?
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jaxer wrote: »
    If I buy something through Paypal would it be eligible for cashback on the Aqua card?

Yes, I have purchased 2 separate items using Paypal, and cashback for all my purchase is on my paper statement.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2012 at 5:03PM
    Options
    Plxply wrote: »
    They will tell you no and that they will automatically increase it over the next few months. I think it's rather obvious they give everyone a low starting limit to prevent you immediately receiving the cashback in one month and then not using the card any longer.

Even if they did, you would not receive the cashback for 12 months from your first statement date.

From the CC agreement:-

"11.3 Cashback will be paid annually the day after the date of the first statement we send on or following your anniversary, or would have sent but for your account having a nil balance and no transactions being made since your last statement.
    We will pay cashback by crediting your account or sending a cheque for the amount of accrued cashback within 1 month of your anniversary. Cashback paid will not count towards your monthly minimum payment(s)."

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Plxply wrote: »

On the other hand, I don't think the initial credit limit has any relation to the cashback. They set the low initial limit to prevent you spending beyond your means. This is a card aimed at those with poor credit histories after all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure