Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    3% is excellent anyway and it could lead to bigger and better things with the added bonus of a fun weekend so .......

GO!
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Haha, ok - you managed to get through my thick skull! Thanks guys. I thought I was being weak, only one week in an slacking already!

@Timetofacethemusic - that's what I needed, subtle doesn't work on me!

I guess I did do an extra 2.5% in week 1 which will keep me on track overall :D

However I'm still making a concerted effort to try and hit my 4% some other way! **Looks determinedly into the distance**

I might do a bit of dancing and busking while I'm down London, I might get a few extra coins if I do the LMFAO shuffle.

I did read a story recently about a young boy that earns $50k a year in NYC by selling sweets & cans on the Subway to tired, hungry commuters. Big rewards can come from little things!

I'm off to ebay a few more things, hoping for a magical extra sale.

I'm getting excited about my weekend now!
    ***shuffles off to pack***

Little Miss xx
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Little Miss, glad you decided to go this weekend. I could have written your post actually as I have been invited to a mini festival this weekend. Its dependent on my friend as she hasn't decided if she can make it yet so I'm leaving it in the hands of fate!

Big well done on the % so far! Payday for me tomorrow so going to crunch some numbers but already have my first 2% put aside, just want to make sure I get my maths right first!
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • Natterjack88
    Natterjack88 Posts: 758 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your event little miss. I've figured out where Im going to get my other £25 for my other bit of my 3rd per cent! I did a net chat on baby food months ago and totally forgot to cash the cheque, I found it the other day, but re lost so when I've found it again I'll cash it in! I have loads to ebay but my main account is now business so Im using ohs account but as he has never sold there is a limit on there! Think I might have to do facebook selling groups until we have less restrictions on eBay, although I haven't had much luck in the past!
    £20 a day April 2014 £834.87/£600 :j
    £20 a day May 2014 £108.45/£600
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Just wanted to say, have you looked into market research/mystery shopping as ways of raising some extra money? There are a couple of threads on MSE about this, long running ones with lots of info.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    @shrimpy - I hope you get to go to your mini-festival, it sounds fun! Nothing like a bit of time in the great outdoors with music and a bottle of pop :beer: well done on your 2% - roll on payday eh!! :T

@natterjack - I might be having a dumb moment but what's a net chat?! Never heard of those before! Does facebook selling work ok? I always figured not many folks would see it. Perhaps list on FB first then ebay if it doesn't sell.

@tiff - I'll certainly try anything that will help my next 1%. I wonder how long it would take to earn a decent amount through mystery shopping? I thought you just got reimbursed for the products you bought from the shop. It would be great if there was some cash in it too - i'll have a look at the threads!
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I do mainly market research, so the pay is better (more involved) but I do it as my job rather than on the side. You might not earn mega money, but each £10 or £20 adds up. You dont always have to purchase anything, for example I recently did a mystery shop for a tyre/brake fitter. I just had to get a quote for tyres and make some observations.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Just a quick update - no ebay sales yet, bah!! Re-listed a couple of buy-it-nows that didn't sell for a little bit lower.

Some good news though - checked my wage slip and noticed my hourly contract rate had gone up by 83p! So that's an extra £25 pw after tax! That's an extra 1.25% off every month!
  • Everhopeful09
    Options
    Little Miss hope you enjoy the festival! I think you need to have a treat every now & then! :)

Hopefully i get paid tomorrow & can start the challenge, I excited to get started how sad is that! lol

EH xx
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Options
    Hurrah for payday! the challenge has begun!

Regarding mystery shopping, it can be quite worthwhile especially if you work/are based in a bigger town. Some of the jobs can be a pain for not much reward so its swings and roundabouts really but good for adding a little extra to the pot. I've found them quite hard to come by recently though.
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport