Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Gooood Morning folks! :j

Wow, you all have been very busy!

Great to see some new folks joining - welcome to lesgeo2012, Cuba Cat, DD265, TeamNicholson, Chelmsfordgirl1, liz-paul and ammonite

I had a fantastic, tiring, exhaustingly fun, productive and crazy weekend. Met SO many new people, learned a lot.

It has made me even more determined to pay everything off so I can have more new experiences and less 'things'

Tattycath - Just divide the money you saved by your 1%. So 240 / 141 = 1.7% :D Awesome result!

Liz-paul - sounds good! I use little stickers in a notebook. It doesn't seem so daunting.

craftingmad - 28% :eek: That's absolutely amazing, you've done so many things. Right, I'd better step up and pull a few totals together.

Glad to be back guys! :T
  • 415SanFran
    415SanFran Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, do you mind if I join?
    This is a brilliant idea, I am trying to save 5,000 pounds and it seems so daunting but I already have 265 so not sure what % that is.
    I have been selling stuff on ebay and have been really surprised at what I have sold for good money, a couple of old board games totaled 30 pounds for instance, and they had been sat in the loft for years.
    On the other hand I got rid of all my bunnykins ornaments and they only sold for about a fiver each so you never can tell!
    I also mystery shop but I am choosy about what I do, I really do not see the point in going to a fast food place and getting my money back, but if they have one at a local petrol station and will pay me back for a petrol purchase, I will do that, as I have needed the petrol anyway. I have done a few post office ones as well and they have been paying me back for some of my ebay items so I have kinda been payed the postage twice.
    I wouldn't mind doing junk mail if someone want's to send me a link that would be good.
    I did that about 20 years ago, I had to post little sample bottles of flash liquid through all the doors in my town also a tiny box of Daz but that dried up, remember getting about 15 pounds for it, but my daughter was about 3 at the time and she had great fun helping me!
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    415 - your £265 is 5.3% - so well done.

For all those of us struggling to work things out there is a ready reckoner here
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    415SanFran wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind if I join?
    This is a brilliant idea, I am trying to save 5,000 pounds and it seems so daunting but I already have 265 so not sure what % that is....

Hey 415SanFran, great to have you on board!

So for £5k, each 1% for you is £50. As 7roland8 said you're 5.3% in already. :)
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this has been suggested and it might be a bit too long term but one of my ideas is to use savings from my grocery budget. I have just started doing the grocery challenge (old style board) and from Sept my grocery budget will be £450 per month tops. Therefore if I can underspend by just £10 per month after 8 months I would have 1% of £8000 = £80. Hope that makes sense. I am also thinking of starting a website to sell some of my photography....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone can i join?

I want to clear our credit card. Currently maxed out at £6500 :mad: so 100 £65 for me :) We are already slightly overpaying minimum payment each month but im not going to count that every month as the husband is in charge of that :)

1% should be shaved off Thursday as ive just sold my Kindle for £65

:T

Sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • 415SanFran
    415SanFran Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    Lizpaul Have you looked at approved foods to help with your grocery bill?
    They often have the WW stuff on sale.
    I used to use them when I had to make 3 pack ups a day would spend about 20 GBP for all the drinks crisps and nuts that sort of thing for the whole month for all of us.
    In fact you just gave me a really good idea. Thanks. I do surveys with valued opinions and always get a tesco card, from now on I will use the card and put away the 10GBP that I have saved.
    Can't think why I didn't think of that all by myself!!
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Great idea Liz-paul, saving money is easier than finding new ways to earn money. I do that on a smaller scale when I get my clubcard vouchers, I put the cash to one side.

Hi Happytails, £65 per 1% sounds pretty reasonable! Keep us up to date. Yes, you're right it's very important to keep paying your minimum payments and save up your 1%'s as well! If you're overpaying - that'll speed it up even more!
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Wow never heard of them but just took a look :j Is the postage expensive? Thinking about it, I'm in NI so they might not even deliver here....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Liz-Paul.....Im originally from Co.Down:D
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories