Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Hey paulmapp8306

I do tend to agree with you. It is beautiful too :D My partner has a guitar that I can play. As much as I love it I recognise it needs to go.

When I'm debt free, with savings in the bank - I can save up & buy a new one and go back to having lessons too. Then I will have earned it! :)
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    It's looking like I won't have any access to my wages until after the weekend. News just said the Natwest issue is ongoing and they hope to have it resolved by Mon.
  • Fae
    Fae Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    It's looking like I won't have any access to my wages until after the weekend. News just said the Natwest issue is ongoing and they hope to have it resolved by Mon.

Oh that's not good :eek: we were just talking about that this morning, hope they get it sorted quickly for you

Fae
    LBM 29/10/2013 £14,218.00 As of 13/04/2014 £6477.00
    Paid 54%
    3 months to go 13 weeks
    DFD 28th August 2014
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Hurrah, wages now gone in! Glad I didn't have to wait the entire weekend!
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 June 2012 at 11:18AM
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

A little bit later than planned I've got round to finding out my % total paid so far!

***drumroll please*******:D

First Weeks Results are 6.5% paid & one complete debt gone!! :eek::j

I'm mega happy! That's £520 off and no more Vanquis. This now takes my balance to £7480.

Thanks everyone for your support so far. This is more than I expected, my weekly target is 4%.

I would love to have every week like this :p, yet I know that being the first week there were lots of easy wins. I think I'm prepared for the challenge to come!

Also, I'd just like to note that this is just the amount I've paid off there are lots more of my auctions ending on ebay soon, the music magpie money hasn't come yet. I've not even started on a few of the items on the list! So there's more good stuff to come.

Please help me to make my list bigger, you guys are so creative and I'm a willing test subject for all of your crazy ideas! :rotfl:

I've also got an idea for a little craft business that might just work (and not be too costly to startup)

Here's a breakdown of how it was done

1 weeks holiday pay - £300 (I normally would have spent this)
    Purged cash accounts, saving jars & money boxes - £90
    Ipod - £50
    Weekly overpayment - £80
    Total = £520

I've also made all my min payments for July to free up cash in the next 3 weeks.

Hope you all have a great day, remember the only thing that matters is that next 1% :j

Little Miss xx
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's brilliant Little Miss. Well done! :D xx
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Thanks TattyCath. How are things going for you? Did you have a nice weekend?
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks TattyCath. How are things going for you? Did you have a nice weekend?
    Yes thanks-all things considered. Still trying to think of things to make some money to pay into my savings. :)
    I did find another £8 worth of change - bagged up in a drawer that I had forgotten about. Will add to sig when I've paid it in.
    Need to work out a monthly budget to allow for regular savings-on top of what I can make during the course of the month.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Takingcontrol_2
    Options
    What a fantastic start!! Well done! I may too have to "borrow" this idea from you too if I may :)
    Getting back on the Wagon after falling with a thump! :o
    Total Debt 31/11/13 = £20,341.05
    1 debt v's 100 days 14 £24/£300

SPC #1108 Challenge 6 £63.76
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    tattycath wrote: »
    ...I did find another £8 worth of change - bagged up in a drawer that I had forgotten about. Will add to sig when I've paid it in. .

It all adds up :beer:
    tattycath wrote: »
    Need to work out a monthly budget to allow for regular savings-on top of what I can make during the course of the month.

I think once you have a plan that you're happy with it and isn't too strict (that just demotivates) it snowballs and good things start to happen.

@takingcontrol - go for it! It helps a lot just to focus on a smaller number and take it one step at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure