🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• andrew-hilton
    Options
    good post I think I will need to get rid of my junk through ebay
  • 7roland8
    7roland8 Posts: 3,601 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    if I get gender neutral kids paper that will do me for the other 3 kids birthdays coming up in the next 8 weeks :o

We live in the country and I always try and have a few rolls of 'sweet' wrapping paper (£1 from our local P.O.) - either smarties or allsorts etc - they do for everyone!
    Plus I always have some plain red gift bags from Tesco (value ones) - they can also be used for Xmas by putting some stickers on to decorate (or cut outs from old cards).
    Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. -- Sally Koch
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    @Lesgeo2012 That's so sad to hear about your colleague. Makes you think about the people you have around you and how fortunate we are for only having temporary problems that just need a little time to fix. That's why we need to enjoy our journey - celebrate our progress every chance we get.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Hugs tp all - xxxxx

I have been following this thread for a while, and wouldlike to start to join in please?

I have joined the £10 a day challange, and with the casg from that i have started on the road to 100%.

I need to find £6 k (university fees, and cash to pay off my laser eye surgery)...

So
    6k to pay - my 1% is £60
    Progress 10% (Whoop Whoop!!!!)

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2012 at 6:41AM
    Options
    Any extras that can be shaved off my grocery budget will go towards my percentage :) I set a budget of £200, so anything I get underneath that (all food all month) will come off. I mealplan and look for offers so this will be a monthly total to come off the percentage but should still count for an extra 2-3% a month.

I'm due to make another mealplan today and will concentrate on using up stuff from the storecupboard and freezer so I don't need to spend as much.

Also, meant to say my percentage is £10.

K xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, I will be mainly wrapping parcels this morning :o listed 11 things on eBay last night, mostly 99p stuff as I would usually charity anyway so figured it was worth a try. Already got watchers on 2 items, ends Wednesday :)

Will try and do some more ebay today. Need to get some more jiffy bags though so sending husband out on pushbike to save on petrol :p he can get the gift wrap too :)

Need to go food shopping this weekend but going to go tomorrow and eek out an extra day, got a plan of bacon and cheese omelette for breakfast for me and hubby (weetabix (supermarkets own obv!) for the kids, omlette and hm chips for lunch as we have about 20-25 eggs :D thank you chooks! And then pasts bake for dinner tonight. That my have just saved me a £5 of impulse buys and a different meal today :j

Gonna quickly check the bank and the competitions board. Got a few hours child free later so we are doing our company accounts. Always fun.. We aren't very organised so neee to do the entire last year :o to send off to the accountant so we know what tax we need to pay (which also needs saving for) it won't be alot as we didn't do thst much last year as husband was stil employed elsewhere. And then it would be good if we could ge up to date with this year :rotfl::rotfl:And keep on top of it! Lol

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Im gonna be digging out ebay items today, but I can only list 10 items a month due to it being a new account. Im pretty sure im gonna go begging for an increase soon! Im addicted lol!

Found more books too for amazon trade in. Whatever they give me will go towards christmas presents that I buy later in the year.

Got some more money into paypal so will have to sit down and work out my %.

In work later, so I need to stop flaffing about and get a move on!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • happytails
    Options
    Haha I've got a bid on my razor blade less razor handle ;)
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Haha I've got a bid on my razor blade less razor handle ;)
    You have got to be kidding me:rotfl:
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • happytails
    Options
    lesgeo2012 wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding me:rotfl:

Nope, 99p bid placed at 10:18 this morning :rotfl: