Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well I just used some of my eBay earnings to buy a new changing bag as mine is caput and I promised myself a new one before baby arrives and it was a good price on eBay. Going to clean up my other one and see if I can get anything for it.

Listed 2 more items on eBay whilst my daughter was playing in the bath (I was in the bathroom with her btw on my phone!) and going to list some more tonight. I might sell off a few maternity bits I can live without for the last 4 months, got some sz8 bits getting a bit tight and this is last baby so might be able to get a few quid back :) I desperately want to sell my old camera (they are going for about £50 ATM on eBay) but I can't find the lead to connect it to laptop/pc Grr

Found tiles for my kitchen wall that are reasonably cheap (£65 for the wall I need to do) my dad will tile it so that's not a worry. I think if we do well this month with our finances we should be able to budget for them in August :) got our kitchen fitted in January so as you can see, a long slow process to get it finished. Also need to set money aside for fitting of radiator for said room as well as there is no heating in there and it gets very very cold in winter!

Enough of my babble ;) sarah
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Hey everyone, hope you've all had a great weekend.

Another work week is looming, will try and eek a few overtime hours out of work this week. Do you think they'd notice if I just went from 7 hour days to 9 hour days :p Oh well I'm going to give it a try!

@Zepsgal - Aww lhasa apso's have the cutest little faces. You should prob post a pic up of his/her first frolic in the park so we can all coo about it! :D Pups are so much fun.

@Bpsp10 - Sorry to hear about your washer :eek: what a nightmare! I hope you can salvage something from your old washer, even spares/repair as other folks have said

Hey Seashell & Braddy970 - Welcome on board, you're added to the list so you're official members now :T all 1% ideas welcome.

@BuffytheDebtSlayer - Hmm, good question. It's the same as whatever you would do for ebay profits. If it escalated into a proper regular thing I'd just add it onto my self assessment form at the end of the year.

@MessyMare - Thanks! It has taken off so well thanks to all of you guys! Long term goals are all well and good but short term goals make day-to-day achievements fun! :D

Right, off to bed for a read of a few Kindle books (free of course) I've got to train a new person at work tomorrow so I won't get much time to join in tomorrow but I shall do my best! I want to get that list upto 30 things by the end of this week!

Get your thinking caps on folks! :j

Little Miss xx
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone - number 17 checking in :D

Sorry I have'nt posted for a while but I've had family staying so have just not been on the computer or been able to do much towards my totals :mad:

However I am back now and I managed to do two craft fairs over the weekend. Both were pretty slow and not many people attended either but I did manage to make £158 after stall costs so am paying this into the bank today. This equates to 5.26% of my total so I feel a bit better now.

The bad news is though that one of the little shops which sell my items has closed so I have lost one outlet to sell from. Means I now have to look really hard to find more so hopefully I will get motivated to do this!!! The good news is that she bought round my unsold items which I can add to my stock for other events and also £25 from sales so this too has been added to my total and when added to the amount above gives me another 1% so :j

My totals for the front page are:-
    My 1% = £30

My % total so far = 34.5%

I'm gonna have a good catch up on this thread once I've been to the bank and caught up on a couple of other things xxx
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • lesgeo2012
    lesgeo2012 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

I have some ebay sales finishing today, so hopefully another 1%.

Seriously thinking about an ebay shop for my craft items. But at 14.99 a month for basic subscription I need to be sure I can make the sales!!!!!!

Emailing my local council as they always do a fair at christmas and I think I could just have enough time to do loads of crafty bits and bobs!

Did !!!!!! all yesterday and now have 1 week exactly to email a huge big essay in:eek: The pressure is on. Out for dinner later as it's our wedding annivesary today so I WILL START MY DIET TOMORROW!!!!!
    Waste not, want not!
    Slow and steady wins the race!
  • happytails
    Options
    Morning all, had a horrible dream about my mum getting cancer so not feeling too happy today. It's playing on my mind now, hopefully I'll forget about it when I'm getting on with my day.

Need to post the rest of the eBay items I sold Friday as they've all paid now :) going to list a few more if the kids behave. Also really want to find that camera lead so i may go on another hunt for that :)

Not got anything planned today with the kids. Might go to the park and library if it's dry. Planning on making choc chip cookies too I think :)
  • Fae
    Fae Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    @ Happytails, sorry to hear you had such an awful dream, they can be so upsetting, hope you have a good day to help make up for it.

I'm off camping in a few weeks and will be able to have a free craft stall, so am getting busy with making a few things to see if I can add to my total that way. Got a few more things to put on ebay too, but the camera has broken :mad: going to try using mine or OH Mobile for pics, hopefully they will be good enough then can ask for a new camera for Christmas, before LBM I would have just gone out and bought one straight away, so really pleased that I'm now prepared to wait.

Have a happy Monday everyone.
    Fae
    LBM 29/10/2013 £14,218.00 As of 13/04/2014 £6477.00
    Paid 54%
    3 months to go 13 weeks
    DFD 28th August 2014
  • bpsp10
    bpsp10 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    We had to bite the bullet and purchase a brand new washer yesterday. Was £550 knocked down to £329. Then got £30 off for it being the last one in the shop and therefore ex-display and another £20 off for buying the extended warranty (which will be cancelled tomorrow!). Finally got another 10% off thanks to a rewards scheme we have at work (get money off quite a few high-street shops).
    Then after the transaction, the manager bought out a brand-new, wrapped washing machine - - - turned out the stock control was incorrect and so it wasn't ex-display!
    So managed to get a £550 washing machine for £253 - - still hurts my pocket but knowing that we got such a good deal has lessened the blow.

I'm going to put our broken on on free-cycle, free to collect broken etc. The most annoying thing is we only bought it from gumtree two weeks ago! But that's in the past now.

Some of my eBay items are ending tonight, not many bids but as someone further up said, every little helps! And we have a bag of clothes to go on eBay so hoping to add that to the total.
    Total Credit Card Debt - £6,108/£7,079 (0% until April 2013)
    1% at a time #53 - 13/100
    DFD - [STRIKE]May 2015[/STRIKE] August 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all! Bit gutting about te washing machine bpsp10 but you got a great deal :money:

I just took a look at five squids - there are some pretty strange things offered on there! Wonder what hubby would say if I started to offer to write things on my boobs for a fiver :rotfl:

No more 1%'s for me and we're away soon for a few weeks so probably no more 1%'s for me until August..... Will try to keep up with the thread while I'm away though ;)
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • mayforher_2
    mayforher_2 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Please can I join? :j My 1% is £80.00 and I've been looking through this post and it's right up my street! :) I need a bit of a challenge to get rid of this debt before my baby arrives in January if possible!

I just want to say as well, thanks to whoever recommended DooYoo, I've been signed up to it today and it's fab for me because I'm a touch typist so I can rattle them out no problems :)

Good luck everyone, not that you need it! Everyone is doing so well! Can't wait to join in! x
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
  • happytails
    Options
    Well after 2 hours searching for this camera lead I ordered another on amazon for £3.99 with free delivery. Just want this camera shifted and it's going to go for a fair amount more with the complete cable set than without. do you reckon I start on 99p to ensure free listing or put a reserve or bin on it or start at a higher price? They are going for £40-60 ATM so unsure.

Listed an old iPhone sleeve and Samsung phone charger this morning on eBay too.

Dug our old broken laptop out and got it booted up just, going to get husband to wipe it clear and I'm going to stick in on eBay for 99p and see what happens :j

Apart from that, not a very productive morning. The smallest child hasn't had a nap yet so not managed to photo all the kids clothes I wanted to get done and listed, maybe later....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family