Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• liz-paul wrote: »
    Hi folks! I have been clearing out all my cardmaking stuff & I am going to get rid of a load of it & I was wondering if anyone thinks it is worth trying to sell on ebay? It's just bits & pieces - cost me a fortune but not worth owt 2ndhand probably. Or I could jsut give it to my sons school for collage etc....

Now is probably the time to sell it, there will be lots of people that want bits and pieces to do Christmas Card making etc. Worth a try!

I'll be updating the thread tomorrow, adding all the new joiners and also the fab percentage updates posted by all! :D

Been working on my fivesquids guide. Got most of my ideas down in a big brainstorm over a couple of hours (3000+ words) Now I'm just editing it and pulling it into chapters and adding screenshots. Coming together nicely! Enjoying doing it so far! :j
  • nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Up to 53.83% this morning after a little payment from quidco :)
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • Just a quick check in. Finishing up my last day at work, saying goodbye to everyone and doing the rounds with cakes!

It's SO frosty here, the little lanes and fields looked amazing on the way in to work.

:) It's beginning to look a lot like...
  • embirch
    Options
    Well I've done it, paid my first %s off my CC from the savings account in the sum of £28 =5.6%. Total so far 5.6% - happy happy happy, onwards and upwards.

Happytails love the idea of getting what you can at the January sales, good luck xx
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done everyone on your progress :j
    Little_miss - hope your last day went well (and you remembered cakes for all of us ;))

Quick update from me - managed to pay in the £70 cash from my last craft fair today so that gives me another 4% to add to the total (and means my mini challenge stands at 7% / 10% in 3 / 10 days :D)

So member 17 reporting for duty again:-

Member 17 = 66%
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • Everhopeful09
    Options
    Littlemiss my last day too but i didn't do cakes for everyone as everyone going. Got made redundant on Tuesday & left today.

No idea where I am with my % but have kept plodding along. Time to tighten belt now & review finances until i get a new job.
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    So sorry everhelpful about ur job :( good luck finding a new one!
    :rotfl:
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nothing to report today, got paid but haven't looked yet nor done costings for December :)

Got a £3 bid on eBay though!
    Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing to report here as still waiting for 2 buyers to pay up from last weekend - no contact and so on. 3 items with bids on and all finish this weekend.

I'll be selling my crafty stuff after this lot go and I get around to photographing them - I have a lot unused packed up in boxes.

Sorry to hear about all the redundancies, its making me feel pretty nervous about my job too as I feel quite vulnerable that this will happen to me. I'm looking for a new job as a result of this.
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Decluttering
    Options
    Hi everyone, been away for a few days and just catching up now.

With regards to the tracking of finances, I've began treating my personal finances like I would if I were in charge of a small business. At the beginning of each month I specify how much I have to spend in each of my budget categories and at the end of the month, I make sure that they all balance to a number bigger than 0. If it's a negative number, I then make sure that the excess is covered by either an underspend from another category, from savings, or from my budget for the next month. This is all recorded in a financial balance notebook. It might sound a little obsessive but it works suprisingly well for me.
    Thank you competition posters!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport