Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Just realised that takes me over the £1000 mark!
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • FallenArcher
    Options
    Sat in post office waiting to post eBay items- 18 people ahead of me rather than the usual handful :-( Definitely going to take a break from eBay selling for a while!!
    Total money owed: [STRIKE]31/07/11- £17,877[/STRIKE], LBM - 14/10/12 :j, 01/06/13 - £0 DEBT FREE!!!! :beer:
    New challenge- save an extra £5000 from non-salary -£1600 (32%)
  • liz-paul wrote: »
    Just realised that takes me over the £1000 mark!

Well done liz-paul - what a feeling, eh?
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A good day for me today. resisted the cake shop i was driving past, i usually call in on a monday and friday. thought id make some, thats mse right? wrong! had no butter or icing sugar left, still resisted the urge to get cakes or ingredients to make cakes :beer:

Husband bought me a tassimo machine for xmas, comes tomorrow :j for the bargain price of £59 off amazon instead of £139, hoping it will curb my outings to costa/starbucks which are £5-£9 a time as kids get drinks and wafers and ill buy a cake as well as my coffee :eek: so hoping this will be a investment soon :) and be better for my waistline as i wont be getting a muffin at home. had 4 coffee outings last week - minimum £20, more like £30 :eek:

need to package up and post my ebay sales tomorrow. Also need to majorly tidy up my desk so i can crack on making some xmas gifts to save mad expensive dash to shops for last minute gifts!

swapping our internet/phone package atm also, should save £3 a month for better internet/speeds etc :j

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • remote_control
    Options
    Number 23 here.

Got £70 working from home expenses so I have paid that off and have coloured in 7 squares, now at 11%. Really enjoying my 1% being £10, much easier! And I LOVE colouring in squares!
  • iwannabeasaver
    Options
    I don't have a 1% member number. Just started this.

My 1% figure is £100...

So far - I need to send off my old mobiles to mazuma. That will net me £41 after postage, 0.41%

I've also adjusted my flexible benefits so that I don't purchase as much extra holiday. I've given up 5 days holiday. This saves me about £60 in pre-tax and NI salary, I won't know til end of January how much of an impact it will make in my net pay.

But at least I am off the starting block :j
    I wanna be a saver, not a spender but first...
    OD = was 1300 Now CLEARED
    Cahoot CC = was 4000 Now CLEARED
    Barclaycard (0%) = Was 7533 Now CLEARED
    Mum's CC (0%) = Was 11500 Now CLEARED
  • happytails
    Options
    Just got my new iphone cover (griffin survivor) its going to save my phone further damages and the cost that goes with it!! £70 to get my screen fixed last week VS £18 for the 'military tested' cover to fully protect it from further damage (probably a very good purchase with 3 kids lol. Going to flog my other cover on Ebay. Bought it for £15 its got some minor surface damage from use, reckon ill get £5 or so.

Need to sort out Husbands MOT, it is due 23rd. Luckily i think it will pass no problem so need to get it booked in :) Sadly i thought it was due march so didnt budget for it this month (Got it confused with my last car!) But im sure we will manage. Stopped myself going to get biscuits at the shop today, very pleased :)

Sarah xx
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Little_Miss_Uni-Debt Posts: 844 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 December 2012 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Am really loving looking at our debt in this way - really focuses you! Thanks again LMUD :D

I hope something crops up job-wise LMUD and everhopeful09....

...Thanks for getting my a$$ into gear, LMUD, as I would have been facing the New Year about £700+ on there :A

Thanks guys! Appreciate it :)

Have taken a nice long weekend just to relax & get out and about. I've got a whole long list of things that I want and need to get sorted so have taken a break before the madness starts.

I seriously can't believe Christmas is just 3 weeks away, aargh!
    Least I've got extra time in the day until I get a new job.

Am really excited at the prospect that 2013 will be my debt free year! Wow, I just can't wait!

New member numbers and updates will be along shortly.
  • FallenArcher
    Options
    Scrap my last update LMUD, I managed to pay off another 3% today :D So that means my update is:
    #164, total 14%

I got paid already for the election duties I did last month, really wasn't expecting it so soon - straight on to the credit card - boom! Would really love to get the balance cleared before the 0% finishes mid-April. £2263 left on it though so it's going to be hard, and I'm running out of things to sell!!!!

Happytails - I am * so* glad that I don't drink coffee, hope the investment works out well for you!!

LMUD - enjoy your break, hope you find a job soon :)

Good luck with the debt-busting all.
    Total money owed: [STRIKE]31/07/11- £17,877[/STRIKE], LBM - 14/10/12 :j, 01/06/13 - £0 DEBT FREE!!!! :beer:
    New challenge- save an extra £5000 from non-salary -£1600 (32%)
  • happytails
    Options
    Bad luck or what?! I get my nice phone cover to protect mine, dd accidentally drops the husbands iPhone and smash! The back glass smashes :eek: I went on and on about how he should have got a case like mine! Luckily the back panel is easy o repair yourself so he has ordered the piece he needs (£6) and it comes with the tools needed but omw! 2 smashes in 8 days!

Good news is the child benefit for Evelyn is sorted and I'm getting £45 off a friend Friday so going to put it straight towards the CC, it's not quite a % but better than nothing :)

Sarah x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills