Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    t0rt0ise said:
    intalex said:
    intalex said:
    Anyone with a Barclays ISA know how to view how much of the £20k annual ISA allowance for the current tax year has already been used up with contributions, and so how much is left?
    Anyone with the magical answer? Or is there no other option but to reach a human staff for this info?
    Can't you look at a transaction list and add it up?
    It's what I do, spreadsheet with each year's contributions helps too.
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aldermore 3 year ISA down from 4.5% to 4.4% now.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 30 March at 2:56PM
    Options
    I need access to about £3k at the end of April.  If I withdraw this from my flexible cash ISA (Principality) and return it in July, will that £3k deposit in July be part of my £20k allowance for 2024/25?

Edit:  found the answer at Which? but will leave my post in case it helps others.

"The Isa only has cash from previous tax years

You can withdraw money from this account, and - as long as you put it back before the end of the current tax year, and replace exactly the same amount - it won't go towards your current tax year Isa allowance.

So, for instance - you paid £20,000 into a cash Isa two years ago, and you take out £3,000. You can replace the £3,000 (and no more), as well as using up your full £20,000 allowance from the current tax year, meaning you can pay in £23,000."

https://www.which.co.uk/money/savings-and-isas/isas/cash-isas/cash-isa-rules-and-allowances-aR5dQ5B0vmpi

• surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nick_C said:
    I need access to about £3k at the end of April.  If I withdraw this from my flexible cash ISA (Principality) and return it in July, will that £3k deposit in July be part of my £20k allowance for 2024/25?
    No. It won't. 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Knitsy
    Knitsy Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    could someone stop my brain exploding by answering this question for me please...? are flexible cash ISA's ever fixed rate too?
  • Descrabled
    Descrabled Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 31 March at 12:06AM
    Options
    Barclays have flexible fixed rate ISAs that allows the withdrawal of 10% on three occasions.
    Paragon have flexible fixed rate ISAs but you pay a penalty for early withdrawal.
    Ford money also have flexible fixed rate ISAs with withdrawal penalties and do already allow split ISAs.
    I'm not sure that having flexible fixed rates with penalties for early withdrawal are really of any advantage.

• changearound1
    changearound1 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Barclays have flexible fixed rate ISAs that allows the withdrawal of 10% on three occasions.
    Paragon have flexible fixed rate ISAs but you pay a penalty for early withdrawal.
    Ford money also have flexible fixed rate ISAs with withdrawal penalties and do already allow split ISAs.
    I'm not sure that having flexible fixed rates with penalties for early withdrawal are really of any advantage.

Paragon also allow you to split your isa allowance across different accounts so if the interest from a Paragon  flexible fixed rate isa is being paid to an external account you can pay up to that amount of interest into a different Paragon isa before year end.
    Not sure but I think Nationwide also allow this and possibly others.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Virgin Money

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned but VM Defined Access E ISA iss 25 5.06% is NLA
  • jimbow25
    jimbow25 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kazza242 said:

• Variable Rate (Easy Access) Cash ISAs that accept transfers in:

• Plum Cash ISA - 5.17% **New Rate**
      Minimum deposit: £1.
      Operated via: Mobile app.
      Notes: This is NOT a flexible cash ISA.
      Important: Rate includes a 0.88% variable bonus for the first 12 months.
    Thanks as always for this list.
    It might be worth highlighting that the 0.88% bonus is only available for new ISA money and ISA transfers only receive the standard rate of 4.29% - this may make a significant difference to its attractiveness to anyone thinking of doing an ISA transfer.
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    jimbow25 said:
    Kazza242 said:

• Variable Rate (Easy Access) Cash ISAs that accept transfers in:

• Plum Cash ISA - 5.17% **New Rate**
      Minimum deposit: £1.
      Operated via: Mobile app.
      Notes: This is NOT a flexible cash ISA.
      Important: Rate includes a 0.88% variable bonus for the first 12 months.
    Thanks as always for this list.
    It might be worth highlighting that the 0.88% bonus is only available for new ISA money and ISA transfers only receive the standard rate of 4.29% - this may make a significant difference to its attractiveness to anyone thinking of doing an ISA transfer.
    And should you transfer out you do not get any interest in that month at all, which is in the T&C's. Overall, attractive rate but too much red tape so makes it an unattractive product overall.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback