🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• strawberries1
    strawberries1 Posts: 873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So much good info here! Thank you everyone.

It appears Santander’s 2.75% is the best for ISA transfer in? Am I right or need to do some more research? For 1yr is this the best intrest rate pls?
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So much good info here! Thank you everyone.

It appears Santander’s 2.75% is the best for ISA transfer in? Am I right or need to do some more research? For 1yr is this the best intrest rate pls?

If you're talking about variable rate, unless you're lucky enough to have £35K (Beverley BS), then Santander/Alliance & Leicester offer the better bonus guarantee (for balances over £9K). However, if you want to keep your sanity for when you need to transfer out from them (probably in a year's time) I'd look elsewhere. With the problems I've had transferring out from Santander/Abbey on two separate occasions, nothing would enduce me to put any money with them again. Nationwide offer 2.75%, but the bonus guarantee isn't so good.

If you're happy with a 1 year fixed (you already know about the Post Office one at 3%), next best for transfers in are Northern Rock 2.85% (min £500) and Aldermore 2.85% (min £1,000).
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely the lesson is to begin the transfer out process from Santander at least 6 weeks before the end of the bonus? Then they can faff about as much as they like.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    I am just coming to the end of a nightmare experience regarding ISA transfers. Anyone keen enough can search back to I've posted before but only today has the situation been finalised.

I'll post the details tommorrow when i should have more time :money:

Right the complete transfer of my cash isa from Santander to Halifax took from the 6thApril untill 5th of July :eek::eek:

This is roughly what happened STR took 6-7 weeks to release the money, Halifax requested it twice, I even called direct and they denied the requests but then suddenly found them.

Halifax sent me 3 different sets of paperwork for diferent types of cash isa inspite of my original request online and backed up by letter which they aknowledged requesting a 4 year fixed rate account.

Halifax lost this original request stating "we have had a few issues":mad:
    They then failed to notify me that they had recived the funds from STR untill a full month after they had been in posession of them:mad:

When they did send out the confirmation they had set up the account as an instant access account with interest rates as per approx 1st July:mad::mad::mad:

I complained officially and only yesterday got the letter and cert stating they had honoured my original application although in all the confusion I can't recall if it was at todays rate, the rate on the day I apllied or the rate when they received the funds.

I can't put it any other way, what a complete set of !!!!!!, both Santander and Halifax.:T:T:T
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • cyclonebri1
    edited 12 July 2010 at 9:51AM
    Options
    Oh my Gord, I've killed a 109 page thread ,:wall::wall::silenced:

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

• owitemisermusa
    Options
    ^^^^
    Ha ha ha!
    Thread dead!
    :rotfl:
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2010 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Editted to remove
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dustykitten

That account is fixed under 31 May 2012, which is just under 2 years. Not a 1 year fix at all, and not a competitive rate for that term.
  • owitemisermusa
    Options
    Hi dusty, could you kill the link? I clicked through before realising it was the 2yr fix. Thought it was another product when I saw that you'd edited it.

The thread is alive again, hurray!
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
  • cyclonebri1
    Options
    Hi dusty, could you kill the link? I clicked through before realising it was the 2yr fix. Thought it was another product when I saw that you'd edited it.

The thread is alive again, hurray!

Phew, I live again. ;)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport