Using parent and child spaces when heavily pregnant

191011121315»

Comments

• Mad-Frog
    Mad-Frog Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Nicki wrote: »
    You could of course lock the laptop and paperwork (and the 7lbs worth of packed lunch) in the boot whilst you shop to save you carrying them into the shop. An option not open to the parents of a newborn, or indeed toddler :D

Of course pretty pointless considering I work 50 miles away from my Parked car :cool: as do thousands of others commuters

I am just trying to point out it is not always black and white
    Although I don't know many commuters who take their newborn or toddler to work tbh ;)
  • Does anyone know the protocol on this?

I'm five and a half months pregnant ...... parked in one...Asda.... staff attendant by the car, and he 'told her off' for using it, and warned her not to do it again. Am sure by the next time she's there, she'll had probably had the baby so will be fine to use them by then anyway :)

I can see why she shouldn't have used it, but would anyone begrudge a hugely pregnant woman using a space normally? What do you think?
    probably some grumpy person, who hasnt had children whos complained. of course u should use one cos i dont want u swinging ur door open, next to my car door, to swing ur legs/baby bump round.
    im sure they cant do anything like clamp or fine as its only a recommendation anyway, its only disabled u cant park in without blue badge.
  • Mad-Frog
    First Anniversary
    Eh? Yeah weekly in fact but i leave PAPERWORK in the car. Anyway .....

Where did I say.I left paperwork in the car
  • moneypuddle
    moneypuddle Posts: 936 Forumite
    You didn't. I did. Oh my gosh you are the most confusing person ever!
  • Mad-Frog
    First Anniversary
    Eh? Yeah weekly in fact but i leave PAPERWORK in the car. Anyway .....
    You didn't. I did. Oh my gosh you are the most confusing person ever!
    dinner go to train Station get train commute to work

Keep up with paperwork, laptop etc on train start work, add delete files paperwork finish work after xx hours start over on commute home

As I said thousands of people's day per day

Why is that confusing?
  • moneypuddle
    moneypuddle Posts: 936 Forumite
    Person_one wrote: »

(I'm not advocating 'person with laptop' parking spaces here though! :rotfl:)

That would be fabuuuulous!
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I am only 6 months pregnant and have been using the mother and baby parking spaces for a month now. I need my door fully open to get in and out of my car. I discovered this when I had to wait 40 minutes (in the rain) for the person at the side of me to move their car before I could fit in.

Until I was pregnant I rarely ever used my car (except for the commute to work), I'd much prefer to walk everywhere. However, it's not possible at the minute because of not being able to carry the heavy bags. If they made the spaces bigger I'd happily park somewhere else.
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mad-Frog wrote: »
    dinner go to train Station get train commute to work

Keep up with paperwork, laptop etc on train start work, add delete files paperwork finish work after xx hours start over on commute home

As I said thousands of people's day per day

Why is that confusing?

It's confusing because in your first post you said you had to get your heavy bag with 2 meals in it out of the car and bring it round the supermarket which was awkward and heavy but despite this you weren't allowed to park in parent and child spots. Hence why we suggested you leave the paperwork in the boot. If you are commuting on foot and by train, I'm baffled as to why you feel the need to have access to a parent and child spot in a car park anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure