New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Sky set to raise prices

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
61 replies 11.8K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
"Sky will raise the cost of many packages from September, but won't say by how much or which products are affected ..."
Read the full story:

Sky set to raise prices

OfficialStamp.gif

Replies

• markdaveymarkdavey Forumite
    617 posts
    TBH, anyone that thought this wouldn't happen after a 12 month freeze is delusional. Its no real surprise. I'd be surprised if the prices didn't go up by the equivalent to 2 years rises...

Whilst I am not happy to hear that yet another service provider is increasing prices, for most people, Sky TV is a discretionary spend, if its too much, cancel it (and probably get a discount from cancellations anyway).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Holiday Haggler
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Excellent, my 1 year of HD is almost up (after getting £100 credit before the year started)... time to try to cancel and casually mention I've already god Virgin broadband at the same time
  • ElkyElkyElkyElky Forumite
    2.5K posts
    I just cancelled my Sky movies package after a 6 month half price deal ended. Guess I'll be reverting to Freeview come September. I can live without Sky so it's no skin off my nose.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email [email protected]
  • Gordon_HoseGordon_Hose Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Yeah, depending on how much the cost goes up I'll either drop from Entertainment Plus to Entertainment, or cancel altogether.

Only problem then is my Telephone and Broadband price will go up lol!

*sigh*
  • jobdone1jobdone1 Forumite
    747 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Well just had an intresting online chat with a sky advisor she was not going to inform me of the rise due but when i challenged her she cut me off i did say its bound to be a big rise due to no rise for over a year and she just said she can't say read in to that what you will still i was about to say before she rudely cut me off that be carfull what you demand as this will start to be your downfull just like tesco's is stating to find out all well and good getting greedy but in tough times in my view a bad move:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • halibut2209halibut2209 Forumite
    4.2K posts
    How much of a rise does it have to be before we can cancel our contracts early?
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Spoke to Sky last week. Told them I was going to plusnet (cashback and offers work out at just over £8 a month for Broadband (10GB limit) and line rental.
    Sky said they would continue my line rental and Broadband Unlimited for £8.50. I said thanks very much and now in a 12 month contract for that! Sounds like I did it at just the right time. :O)
  • Gordon_HoseGordon_Hose Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    How much of a rise does it have to be before we can cancel our contracts early?

Got nothing to do with the amount.
  • aldreddaldredd Forumite
    925 posts
    Was inevitable. They only froze it as a pr exercise following the hacking scandal. It was never a gesture of good will and any iincrease I'm sure will be planned to make up short fall from them freezing.
  • edited 11 June 2012 at 6:01PM
    jobdone1jobdone1 Forumite
    747 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 11 June 2012 at 6:01PM
    been told how much entertainment extra going up by online chat advisor adrian 50p
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support