Great Ipod/ Ipod-ish Hunt

Options

Comments

• Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI
    I had the phillips hdd060 mp3 player for xmas and cant work out how to use it! I originally thought it was faulty bt now not sure. Itswitches on fine and everything but i dont know how to transfer songs which ive got in my windows media player to the mp3 player? I feel very silly but if someone could give me simple instructions that would be so great and then i can work out if its faulty or not. I basically want to be able to transfer CDs to the player.
    thanks for any help. appreciated!
    carly

I got my son one of these and he loves it.

Im afraid it uses its own software to copy the files across, cant remember the exact name, but if you go to the following support page on the philips website it should help you out.

http://!!!!!!.com/4vcze

If the link does not work

https://www.philips.co.uk
    hover on consumer products
    click on consumer contact & support
    model number is HDD060

Hope this helps.
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • lisssa
    lisssa Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, until I had read this thread, I had convinced myself that I 'needed' an Ipod mini, however now im not so sure, and from all the different types and models people are mentioning, im abit confused !!

Basically I just want something that I can use at the gym and also when on my holidays. Dont really want to spend more than £100 hence why I was holding off on buying the ipod mini
    I did buy a cheap MP3 player from Ebay about 3 months ago, only about £25 512k, but as soon as its near the electrical equipment or its been on for more than half an hour it switchess itself off. I know I could get back in contact with the seller but as it came from Hong Kong havent really got the time or energy now to pursue it.

Therefore, recommendations please for something that will meet my needs , sounds good,looks good ( such a girlie thing to say I know lol !) and is gonna be within my budget !!
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    lisssa wrote:
    sounds good,looks good
    ok, if your after ahard drive mp3 player (4gb+ like an ipod mini) then i would direct you towards a creative zen micro (around £130), IMO they look loads better than the ipods do and theres a larger range of colours available, if you want to get technical they also sound better too. however im not too sure this is what you want, by an ipod mini i think you meant the ipod shuffle, as this is the only apple mp3 player available sub £100, again, personally i think that apple products our over priced for what then are and would recomend that you look at irivers or creratives product range for the smaller players.
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    well if you want something that looks good go for the ipod.

if it was no good then their sales would not be as good as they are.

plus they look really cool.

i am currently saving for one as is my girlfriend.

theres always the shuffle if you like to listen to random stuff, 1GB is plenty to go down the gym with
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
  • lisssa
    lisssa Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joeyjoejoe wrote:
    ok, if your after ahard drive mp3 player (4gb+ like an ipod mini) then i would direct you towards a creative zen micro (around £130), IMO they look loads better than the ipods do and theres a larger range of colours available, if you want to get technical they also sound better too. however im not too sure this is what you want, by an ipod mini i think you meant the ipod shuffle, as this is the only apple mp3 player available sub £100, again, personally i think that apple products our over priced for what then are and would recomend that you look at irivers or creratives product range for the smaller players.

No it was the Ipod mini I was after, just that I didnt want to pay more than £100 ( I dont want much do I lol) . Not sure if the shuffle is the answer, as when im in the gym theres only certain tracks from my music collection that would be suitable to listen to , however if with the shuffle you can programme it to play certain tracks in sucession , then that would be spot on. If not, I'll have a look at some of the other products you have mentioned , are there any particular sites you would recommend to look on??
  • Justin_Scotland
    Options
    lisssa wrote:
    Not sure if the shuffle is the answer, as when im in the gym theres only certain tracks from my music collection that would be suitable to listen to

One thing that is very important to remember when choosing an MP3 player is that if you want to use it for any form of physical excercise then you really should look at only buying a solid state memory MP3 player. These are usually the ones <= 1Gb. Any of the larger MP3 players that have large HD storage will be much more likely to get damaged if you are using them regularly in the gym.

good rule of thumb is that if its only the size of a std cigarette lighter then it will be solid state.

Regards

Justin
  • XYZed
    XYZed Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    lisssa wrote:
    however if with the shuffle you can programme it to play certain tracks in sucession , then that would be spot on.

From the look of it, you can get a shuffle to play either in the order in which they are on the player, or in random order. that would be it. So I guess you would have to make sure you put the tracks on the player in the order you want them to play.
    All of this might just be an elaborate simulation running inside a little device, sitting on someone's table.
  • FreebeeKing_2
    Options
    argos shuffle= <£100.00
  • ilovefreebies_2
    Options
    Ipods prices continue to come down as other media players are released. Hold on if you can
  • GemmaJ_2
    Options
    I have just bought an ipod Shuffle and I love it!
    I've always wanted an ipod but felt the price was too high for the use I would get out of one. When I heard about the ipod shuffle at £69 512mb I knew I had to have one. It says it should store 120 songs but I have put 125 and still have room for more. It is really easy to use just plug it in to your USB port, install itunes and you're ready to put your CD's onto it. It's so easy even I can do it, and I'm not very good with computers! You can listen to the songs in order or just put them on shuffle. I'm going to buy the armband so I can use it in the gym and it's so light I won't even know it's there.

:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport