Great Ipod/ Ipod-ish Hunt

Options

Comments

• spider_3
    Options
    Dont see what all the fuss is about - bought a zen touch 20gb using pricerunner and ok cheapish earphones note - the ones that co0me with the zen are too big ( for my ears anyway ). Dropped the zen a couple of times, still no probs, still sounds good. Oh, by the way the zen may not look as cool as the ipod but the sound is, and it's cheaper.
  • B33fy
    B33fy Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    I dabbled with itunes and found it rather tricky ( I tell a lie, bl**dy impossible really), using the ipod plugin with winamp is definitely less problematical and straightforward and is a free download, just convert the CDs to mp3s using programs such as EAC or dbpoweramp drag required tracks into the winamp playlist, highlight these tracks and select send to Ipod, tracks already on the Ipod are not transferred - dead simple
  • Juvi_2
    Juvi_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Been using an iRiver for about a year now...
    its been great, sound quality an battery life is excellant....
    Use it for storing my music an to transfer some files i need... it has an on board radio, voice recording, an can record straight from hi fi.
    Got a connecter for it an run it in the car too.

As some one mentioned, an ipod is a good idea if you are running apple harware, imac etc... or you interested in it for the style/fashion....

Otherwise there are a lot more cheaper and in my opinion better quality an more versatile players out there...

Some useful sites to browse:

http://www.webtechgeek.com/
    (some techy stuff inc lot of stuff on mp3 players and mp3s

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/h705-iriver-h320-review.htm (iRiver review)

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/guide/hguide13.htm (mp3 players review)
  • XYZed
    XYZed Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Can I just get something clear... If I were to buy a Ipod shuffle, would I not be able to just stick it into my usb port and get it picked up as an external drive, and put mp3's on it? Or would I have to use 'Itunes' to do this?

Sorry to show my ignorance, and I'd be very grateful for your advice... :) thanks

Zed
    All of this might just be an elaborate simulation running inside a little device, sitting on someone's table.
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    XYZed wrote:
    would I not be able to just stick it into my usb port and get it picked up as an external drive, and put mp3's on it?
    in short, yes :)
  • planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If anyone's after the smallest player out there, the iPod shuffle is hard to beat. After waiting on HMV for weeks, I ended up getting one at full retail price 99 from John Lewis.

Although temping to get an iPod mini
    a) Not as easy to use in the Gym (main usage) as shuffle
    b) Still not enough capacity for all music (have around 6Gb currently)

The shuffle really is SO small, and SO simple. It does what it says on the tin, and no more! It's functionality, for me is best regarded as "adequate", but as an overall package it's excellent.

Every extra gramme makes a difference at the gym. At 22g, It is noticeably less any other solid state player with battery - 50g plus.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    IMHO you can do a lot better than the shuffle, your paying for the fact that its apple, comes with fashionable earbuds and its white, for the price of a 512mb shuffle you can easliy get a 1gb player as small with a nice oled display, something the shuffle lacks.
  • xxxxcharliexxxx
    Options
    HI
    I had the phillips hdd060 mp3 player for xmas and cant work out how to use it! I originally thought it was faulty bt now not sure. Itswitches on fine and everything but i dont know how to transfer songs which ive got in my windows media player to the mp3 player? I feel very silly but if someone could give me simple instructions that would be so great and then i can work out if its faulty or not. I basically want to be able to transfer CDs to the player.
    thanks for any help. appreciated!
    carly
  • fuzyfelt
    fuzyfelt Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I just picked up some moster ispeakers at pcworld (they're the size of a double cd case, and the speakers fold out... they're ipod type design, but work with any mp3 player - 3.5 to 3.5 cable is included). They got mixed reviews (poor sound quality), but looked handy to travel with.

Anyway, cheapest online price i could find was £40, the ticket price at pcworld was £25 which seemed a good deal, so i picked some up and they scanned at £15...

Just trying them - sound quality is not great, but loud enough for a hotel room or the garden i think (says 2 watts rms on monster website) and good enough for my ears.

(oh, pcworld at selly oak, birmingham - dont know if it'll be countrywide)

Andy
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    joeyjoejoe wrote:
    IMHO you can do a lot better than the shuffle, your paying for the fact that its apple, comes with fashionable earbuds and its white, for the price of a 512mb shuffle you can easliy get a 1gb player as small with a nice oled display, something the shuffle lacks.

can you post some links to these 1GB mp3 players?

not bad if you can get one the same price as the 512mb ipod.
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family