Great Ipod/ Ipod-ish Hunt

Options

Comments

• lisssa
    lisssa Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cheers, well ive finally decided gone for the ipod shuffle got it from boots. com with 10% off free postage and with the advantage points given works out at less than £61 so really pleased with that.
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    and there is bound to be an ipod offer sooner or later, and i'm sure we will be some of the 1st to know on here.
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
  • aristidebruant
    Options
    Just ordered iPob 30GB Photo last night, and pretty pleased with the deal too. Total payed was £227.84, straight from the UK Apple store including personal engraving (great for adding name and email address in case of loss). I did use the following promotional code which gets you an £18 discount: SURACEWELK
    (Use code at checkout).
    After much deliberation, oohing and ahrhhing, I decided this was the version of this 'uber-product' for me, as it is the thinnest iPod available with hefty sized 30GB storage (half of which I will probably never get around to filling up -but that's not the point!). Time to start chanting the iPod mantra I guess! :rotfl: :T :confused: :beer:
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    orderd my zen micro yesterday, took me hours of searching to find the price i wanted to pay, finally paid £126.40 from pixmania inc VAT & delivery and i get 1% back using rpoints, i am certain when i say this is the lowest price you can get it for, the only reason i got it for this price is because i managed to persuade my gf that she wanted one too, so i bought 2 which made the total high enough to use the pixmania £10 off code :D iv researched the entire market of mp3 players for ages now, im kinda fussy when i buy something, cant wait for it to arrive :D
  • superfurry
    superfurry Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Notes for other buyers :

It's in fact the thickest ipod - see http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/specs.html

This deal i a few pounds cheaper than the educational pricing though.

Engraving takes a further 5 days to deliver your product (only if you plan to keep it forever ! ) or don't to keep its value to sell on eBay.

Can't really see the point of ipod photo - can't take photos, slow browsing of hi-res images. If you're really only going to fill half, it'd be a waste.
  • jamesebaker
    jamesebaker Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Cheapest Creative Zen Touch (20GB):

£149.99 from BTshop including free delivery

iRiver H120 (20Gb)
    £144.97 from Currys inc free delivery

This website compares many different MP3 players and prices but doesn't necessarily have the cheapest price. Good to give you an idea though.

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/mp3_players_large_capacity.htm#iriver_h120_20GB
  • We_Laugh_Indoors
    Options
    superfurry wrote:
    Notes for other buyers :

It's in fact the thickest ipod - see http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/specs.html

This deal i a few pounds cheaper than the educational pricing though.

Engraving takes a further 5 days to deliver your product (only if you plan to keep it forever ! ) or don't to keep its value to sell on eBay.

Can't really see the point of ipod photo - can't take photos, slow browsing of hi-res images. If you're really only going to fill half, it'd be a waste.
    will apple US ship to the UK?

looking on the site it seems that they don't
    'What's poignancy grandad?'

'It's the cordon bleu of emotions sonny'
  • joeyjoejoe_2
    Options
    will apple US ship to the UK?

looking on the site it seems that they don't
    why would you want to ship from the US :confused: it wont be any cheaper because you will most likely have to pay import tax, secondly if anything goes wrong i doubt you could get the ipod serviced over here as it will be marked as a US model requiring it to be shipped back to the US to be looked at
  • marsha8
    marsha8 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I am full of admiration and feel as though I am living on a different planet. Please,in simple terms, can somebody explain what ipod,MP3,shuffle etc are all about.I am a pensioner who goes to the Gym where noisy modern music is played & feel that one of these may be of use to me.I have a computer which I assume I need.I expect I could get information from a search engine but probably would not understand the technical terms.Thanks.
  • sunkenvilla
    sunkenvilla Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hello.

I have just taken up running and I would like to know if an iPod is suitable for using when running? I know this is probably a daft question due to the fact it has a hard drive, but I'm asking anyway.

If it is not suitable, can someone suggest a good music player with memory card/internal memory that is suitable for running with. I don't want to pay more than £150 if that's possible.

Later.
    sunkenvilla

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills