PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding...not just on TV

Options

Comments

• Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    bobble_hat wrote: »
    Friday - Sorted out all paperwork - still have to file and action 2 piles. 4 bags to the tip, one was all shredded paper.

Saturday - Opened luhots of presents, one was lovely new Radley bag from MIL, so need to CS one old handbag ('one in, one out'). Lots of lovely Pandora jewellery and nothing too cluttery (phew!)

Out for lunch then matinee to see The three Musketeers, I met them too Yay :T I got to wave a sword and shout 'One for all and all for one'.

Out for dinnner after Theatre - Perfect birthday with DH and DD.

Sunday - Garden center, got 3 plants to fill gaps in newly planted border. And apple picker so we can actually harvest apples this year!

Monday - Day at the beach - lovely. All photos from weekend, straight onto hard drive in correct folder, then deleted from camera, I'm totally into this decluttering!

Today - back to reality! Just spent 45 mins weeding and planting new plants. Lots to do tonight, plus one large chocolate cake, half left, needs decluttering.

Glad you had a lovely time...I used to shout, (for my little brother who loved it...back when he loved me), All for one, and All for anything One can get!:o
  • valk_scot
    valk_scot Posts: 5,290 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No more decluttering done today but I did take yesterday's carload to the dump. They have a Plastics skip specifically for things like garden toys and plastic boxes which pleased me no end. I didn't much like getting rid of some of yesterday's stuff and it was made worse by the fact I thought it was going to landfill. Finding out it's going to be recycled makes me feel much better.
    Val.
  • Byatt
    Options
    Babyshoes, I had too much grey in it. :( I'm growing my colour out, trying to see how silver (ahem) and muddy looking hair goes together.

I took a bag of clothes to CS beforehand, giving up on the boot sale for this year. Does it annoy anyone else when the person who takes your stuff, barely acknowledges it, but looks at you dismissively. I mean they are making a pretty packet from the things I've already donated. Anyway, that's my moan for the day.

Hair gone, clothes gone.
  • Brighton_belle
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »

I took a bag of clothes to CS beforehand, giving up on the boot sale for this year. Does it annoy anyone else when the person who takes your stuff, barely acknowledges it, but looks at you dismissively. I mean they are making a pretty packet from the things I've already donated. Anyway, that's my moan for the day.

Yes! It really both winds me up and deflates me. I appreciate wanting a trumpet fanfare and dancing girls is perhaps too much to ask, but a smile and words of appreciation make a big differnce to the whole experience. At our local cs, the assistant manager is so lovely and always very appreciate, but the manager scoles and grunts.

Got rid of 4 bags of cuttings from the triffids in our miniscule garden I attacked on Saturday, at the green waste recycling part of our dump and 2 pieces of mouldy chipboard:j

Valk - I think with crockery, we have to find the right individual levels for our own circs, and then just review it every so often as life naturally changes how we live as time passes. Minimalism with crockery works really really positively for us, but I can quite see for others having too little would create more work. If we had 3 x the plates/bowls we have, we would just use them all before washing up, which would create more piles of dirty washing up in a small kitchen and the need for more space to store them clean etc.

Sybil - I can't believe re your dreaming as I too had a weird and strong dream last night for which I blame this thread!:D I dreampt I was flying off to NZ for 3 weeks and had completely forgotten to pack anything. Boy did I feel panic. But I kept calming myself telling myself I didn't really need anything that I couldn't buy there when I arrived:rotfl: Which is true of course. Weird dream though as I haven't been abroad for 10 yrs and no plans to,lol.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Todays little richards....

An ugly pink ribbon from a pair of new pjs. The hanger from pjs. A fridge magnet from a kebab house we never went to, in a town we moved from living near two years and two months ago!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Brighton Belle

If the CSs had a troupe of dancing girls (or even a couple) then donations from the male section of the populace would improve ;)

((Byatt))

Just got back from hospital and still no clear diagnosis but she is on an intravenous antibiotic drip thingy and wants to come home.
    Scan that was going to be done this afternoon does not seem to have happened and still no further on apart from the fact that the pain seems less etc. Feel helpless but realise there is no point in a quick diagnosis unless it is also the right one.

Youngest needs a shopping trip for university stuff tomorrow morning before me and DH hospital visit in afternoon then go home make meal then drive for another visit.Know how a hamster feels plodding round on a wheel sigh.

Hug to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Byatt
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Brighton Belle

If the CSs had a troupe of dancing girls (or even a couple) then donations from the male section of the populace would improve ;)

((Byatt))

Just got back from hospital and still no clear diagnosis but she is on an intravenous antibiotic drip thingy and wants to come home.
    Scan that was going to be done this afternoon does not seem to have happened and still no further on apart from the fact that the pain seems less etc. Feel helpless but realise there is no point in a quick diagnosis unless it is also the right one.

Youngest needs a shopping trip for university stuff tomorrow morning before me and DH hospital visit in afternoon then go home make meal then drive for another visit.Know how a hamster feels plodding round on a wheel sigh.

Hug to all

Did she go in because of kidney pain Elona? Have they suggested anything?

The waiting is the hard part...:(

More hugs, and take care of you too. :A
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Elona - you are in my prayers. I hope all goes well.

Brighton Belle - our dreams are obviously telling us something!

The wastepaper bin arrived today. And I immediately took all the packing material out and into the recycling bin, it barely touched the carpet. I have found that speed is of the essence, because even a split second makes me look at the box and think - that looks sturdy, I'm sure it would be useful later. Tough, it's in the bin. Otherwise today has been a bit of a fail.

hugs to all.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • Byatt
    Options
    My plan tomorrow is to act...I am going to pretend I'm in someone else's house and start clearing...I will let you know how I get on.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »
    My plan tomorrow is to act...I am going to pretend I'm in someone else's house and start clearing...I will let you know how I get on.

Yes, pretend you're doing a decluttering documentary. You'll be like that chap who could declutter it if he dressed as his alter ego.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure