PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hoarding...not just on TV

Options

Comments

• skipsmum
    skipsmum Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    DD wired up to bits of machinery and they are doing a battery of tests but most focused on her kidneys.Bought her new pjs, toiletries and toiletry bag and we visited this afternoon.
    She moves wards tonight so we are going back to visit tonight with one of her sisters.

Not much done but managing to get us fed and laundry done between visits etc. Tidied her room while she was poorly and it looks a lot better. DH amazed how quickly I can make us a light meal as we dashed back home for a couple of hours. Trying not to worry but all the tests make it sound like she is falling to bits.

hugs from here too xxx
    With Sparkles! :happylove And Shiny Things!
  • Jettycat
    Options
    DD wired up to bits of machinery and they are doing a battery of tests but most focused on her kidneys.Bought her new pjs, toiletries and toiletry bag and we visited this afternoon.
    She moves wards tonight so we are going back to visit tonight with one of her sisters.

Not much done but managing to get us fed and laundry done between visits etc. Tidied her room while she was poorly and it looks a lot better. DH amazed how quickly I can make us a light meal as we dashed back home for a couple of hours. Trying not to worry but all the tests make it sound like she is falling to bits.

(((elona))), hope they find the problem soon and fix it :grouphug:
    x
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ((((((((((((elona))))))))))) and

(((((((((((elona's DD)))))))))))))

Thinking of you, pet.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive vibes.

Have been trying to be positive and the nice comments.

My eyes are leaking :o
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Best wishes for your dd elona. I hope they find out the problem and solve it very quickly.

I have had bad luck the other way round, i was meant to be going in today and had it cancelled on me. I have been an 'urgent' case for a couple of months now, and its taken its toll emotionally. I was very psyched up for today (no great shakes in itself, but a big stepping stone) and the cancellation has seen me run out of emotional steam. I am latrophobic, and while have always been ok with consultants and procedures this summer has been different and harder to roll with. I am convinced ( or paranoid) that they are getting stuff wrong.

Later today i was offered an appointment next week, but i just cannot face it now.
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive vibes.

Have been trying to be positive and the nice comments.

My eyes are leaking :o

((((((((((Elona and DD)))))))))
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LIR

I am so sorry things got put off after psyching yourself up for it.

Fingers crossed they rearrange and you feel able to go through things when they do.

Youngest dd has been baking little cakes to cheer us all up which was sweet of her.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Brighton_belle
    Options
    LIR

Fingers crossed they rearrange and you feel able to go through things when they do.

Youngest dd has been baking little cakes to cheer us all up which was sweet of her.
    LIR - can't put it better than Elona.

Elona hHow very sweet and lovely of your dd. Sending more good vibes for your other DD and that you all get answers and solutions very soon.:grouphug:
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • SpikyHedgehog
    Options
    Jettycat wrote: »
    (((elona))), hope they find the problem soon and fix it :grouphug:
    x

As Jettycat said, hope they find out quickly what's going on so they can start to help get her better.
    LIR

Bless her, that is so sweet.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #37 - waterproof wearing cage customiser, chief of cable ties and duct tape

It's me, DS1 (24), DS2 (16), and the lurcher.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    eeba138b73cd8cc5430f891f90ad1dbb.jpg

This is not all my sunglasses hoard,buts its all of them in the bedroom with me. ( i know, i know. Vacuous, vacuous. I do wear mos of them still though. I am a year round sunglasses wearer)

I just got them out, snapped them, cleaned them and....threw the broken pair ( at the back) away. Out of the ones by the front door i know one pair sits poorly on my face. They are a posh make, though boxless. I plan to drop them at the door of the closed cs shop when i do station run in the morning.

Little things, but something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport