We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Southernman's steps to freedom!

Options

Comments

• sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck in your interview tomorrow :).
  • Southernman
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    You know what they say - be careful what you wish for :rotfl:. Good luck. Need to think up plausible reasons for wanting to leave current dept apart from 'they're a bunch of pigs who won't promote me' ;), what is it about this dept which has attracted you..........

I have some good 'pretend' reasons to use that the new department would accept with an 'ooooh excellent answer'. The trick is always use a positive alongside every negative in an interview. Definitely no slating off of my current job.

Asked my current manager to look over my STARS (situation, task, action results). He looked at the first one, told me to change it around slightly by the format and said to send it him again...i did and he never bothered looking at it.

Feel let down by him really.

Still, i'll try my best, i'm a good talker and i got a job out of my first ever interview (for my current job) and i've been getting tips off my flatmate.

Oh well, will just have to see what happens. Thanks everyone.
    Mortgage 1: May 2012 £90,000 April 2020: £47,000
    Mortgage 2: £270,000😱 Jan 2019 £253,000 April 2020
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hiya, good luck with the interview. Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • QB_Wolf
    QB_Wolf Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    STARS (situation, task, action results).

:rotfl:Who thinks of this tosh?

Good luck!!
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • Southernman
    Options
    QB_Wolf wrote: »
    :rotfl:Who thinks of this tosh?

Good luck!!

I don't even know!

However to be successful in interview with my company these are the things they SPECIFICALLY look for.

We're talking about a global company here too.
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    How did your interview go?
  • Southernman
    Southernman Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 November 2012 at 8:24PM
    Options
    Lots to report.

From what i could tell, the interview went well. I emailed the interviewer beforehand to double check i could bring notes into the interview which she said wasn't a problem. Now the questions she asked i could answer in detail. It was things like 'give me an example where you collaborated for success' and 'give me an example of when you have to understand an issue and what did you do about it' etc.

I feel like i answered them the best i possibly could due to the preparation i'd already done. Would have loved my manager to actually help me with these though.

Anyway before i left she asked me about my CV. There's something i get involved with which is quite unusual and she seemed impressed as it's not something she'd seen on a CV before. (i've not done my Duke of Edinburgh which is a normal thing you see on a CV!)

That surprised me really as i never imagined employers to read CVs so vigorously.

So that was that anyway, will find out next week. I'll only take the job if i'm lucky enough to get it if i can negotiate salary. 10 people have made it to interview though and probably have far more experience than me so we shall wait and see (please note this is my second interview EVER). For me i'm trying to gain interview experience so when the dream job comes i won't feel so...fearful.

In other news, i ran a half marathon today. The last 3 miles were very challenging and someone in front of me collapsed with exhaustion at about 11.5 miles. Luckily it happened about 10 feet away from 2 ushers and a paramedic!

When i crossed the line my legs nearly gave in. I managed to hobble back to the car but i was insanely cramped up. I sat down on the floor for a minute and couldn't get back up. Now i know what it must be like to be elderly!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on a successful interview :T. I always advise people to try to think of something unusual to put on their CV - it can sometimes tip the balance between whether or not you get an interview. Here's hoping, but as you say, great experience anyway :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Hope that you get the job Southernman and congratulations on running the half marathon.
  • Southernman
    Options
    Didn't get the job :(

Emailed the person for feedback to improve and she hasn't got back to me either.

Frustrating because i want to know how i can improve so i don't bomb it when the dream job comes along.

Now another issue:

I am heading to Reading next weekend to visit my friend so i won't be home. Now i told my boyfriend to organise something with his friend while i'm gone.

He asked me if i could give him my keys for my flat while i'm gone so he and his friend can go out in Manchester.

Thing is i don't feel comfortable giving him the keys to my flat and me having to get the spare pair off my parents. Also not being there if disaster strikes and anything gets damaged (2 drunken 23 year old boys drinking too much, being sick, messing up my bathroom/carpet/worse?

Thing is a while ago a friend of mine stayed over at his but he was there. He wasn't 200 miles away like i will be and she slept in the car.

Am i being unreasonable?????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business