Debenhams/Santander PPI

Options
Hi,
I am wondering if its even worthwhile attempting to reclaim mis-sold PPI from Santander/Debenhams? My account was opened in 2003 before they had a governing body. I have trawled through posts here and it seems that there have been NO success with Santander for pre 2005 cases. Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• magthered
    magthered Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We recieved a letter this morning saying when my wife took out the card she was told her rights, yeah sure all they wanted to do was sell a store card, the letter states that the card was taken out in March 1996 and that they no longer have the details blah blah, this has bugged me now, can anyone point me in the right direction for the next stage?
  • fernack
    fernack Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    wish I knew ... just had a rejection letter from them myself. I clearly signed for account cover according to my original card application form but cant for the life of me think why I did so..???
    I NEVER knowingly agree to PPI as I dont need it as I get full pay for 6 months then half pay plus SSP for 6 months in the event of long term sickness.
    I signed the agreement 10+ years ago so cant really remember the circumstances, I do know I signed in store ... cant remember receiving any policy details or being told of cooling off period etc.
    Doubt very much I will get anything back ...................:(
  • abaygirl
    Options
    I've also had the rejection letter from Santander. I've been directed to the FLA and not the Financial Ombudsmen if I'm not happy with their decision.

Anyone out there know if the FLA is of any use ? I've been on their website and it doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence....:(
  • Brummie70
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm in the same boat as everyone....also just recieved a rejection letter from Santander for my Debenhams store card (I've had the card since 2003)....couldn't even see where I had signed up to the PPI,....until they pointed it out to me. I too thought it was strange that they have directed me to the FLA instead of the Financial Obudsman....I'm just putting it down to the FLA is responsible for their store card side of the business?

I've looked at the FLA website, and I too don't feel hopeful, plus sarcastic tone in the Santander letter is also bugging me:mad:...so I've still down-loaded the complaint form, and plan to continue with my complaint....nothing ventured nothing gained;)...recommend we all do the same... you never know?:D...if this fails....I'll continue the good fight and possibly go to the Obudsman as a last resort....after all, we can't all be wrong?

Santander have also told me that my insurance was cancelled in 2010.... which isn't true, and makes me believe all the more there's a cover up....so this is also making me determined to win this battle.

If anyone has any advice re. the best way for us to pursue and beat Santander....all advice would be warmly welcomed.
    If there's anyone that has any sucess stories, we'd love to know your approach, or ayone that has made a complaint to the FLA, please let us know your experience and the outcome.

Keep up the good fight.;)
  • magthered
    magthered Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Agree the sarcastic letter really bugged me, we're not expecting a huge payout, it's a matter of principle now, I don't think i'll be bothering with the fla and go straight to the ombudsman, anyone know of a form or how to go about it?
  • fernack
    edited 11 June 2012 at 10:08AM
    Options
    They referred us to the FLA because they were not regulated by the FSA at the time so the Ombudsman has no jurisdiction apparently. I have written back and am also going to complaint to the FLA and the Ombudsmand anyway .... keep us updated please.
    Seems Santander never payout on mis-sold PPI :mad:

There is a form to fill in on the financial ombudsman website ..
  • L1bertine
    Options
    Hi guys

Just seen this post and I have receieved a rejected today from Santander also. They have attached my agreement which has two "X" next to the overall agreement signature and the PPI option (which hmmm:mad::mad::mad: wasnt really an option).

Anyways have any of you had any luck since? and have you taken it to the ombudsman?

Let me know how you all got on :) Thanks!:T
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    L1bertine wrote: »
    Anyways have any of you had any luck since?
    The earliest post in this thread is from just two weeks ago, so I doubt there is anything new to report just yet!;)
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    April2013 wrote: »
    I have trawled through posts here and it seems that there have been NO success with Santander for pre 2005 cases.

I got a full refund plus interest from Santander for Abbey and A&L cards going back to 1998, pre MBNA. It took a bit of time (about 6 months) but in the end I had to contact the CEO's office to get things moving.

MBNA refunded the PPI and interest they'd taken after the accounts were sold to them.
  • fernack
    Options
    Has anyone taken their complaint regarding Debenhams Store card/ GE Money/Santander to the FLA and had a response?

To last poster - The credit card side is different to the store card issue. Santander appear to be rejecting all complaints regarding various Store Card PPI claims.

Just had another final response from Santy on my Debenhams Store card PPI and am now going to pass it to the FLA (once I get some ink for the printer lol)

Good luck all ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport