PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

dog hair

Options

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I have a sign in my front porch.
    THIS HOUSE IS FOR THE COMFORT OF OUR CATS
    YOU ARE WELCOME ONLY ON THE UNDERSTANDING
    YOU DO NOT MOAN ABOUT THE CAT HAIRS
    I used to be continually cleaning up cat hairs when I first had them, but now I don't care. Sorry but this is perhaps not what you want to hear bramble, but IMO a pet makes a house a home, and I live in a home not a show house.
    If I meet someone who has pet hairs on their clothes I immediately warm to them, because I know they are animal lovers.:D
    My housework consists of zipping round with the Dy son every so often, and spitting the hairs out of my mouth whenever a cloud of them float through the air while grooming. :rotfl:
    A tip I discovered for cleaning the stair carpet. A damp old facecloth in one hand and the Dy son hand nozle in the other. On hands and knees, brush the carpet with the damp cloth, (it gathers them in a ball), and suck up. :T
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Swampmonster
    Swampmonster Posts: 585 Forumite
    Options
    I use sticky/lint rollers for my ginger cats hair.

Cheapest I've found is 89p for four rolls at Savers or two for pound at Primark.

It is worth remembering once you've got the handle it will fit the majority of refills.
  • nonnatus
    nonnatus Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    Options
    Wrap lots of sellotape around your hand so the sticky side is on the outside and then pat and wipe down the hairy bit of your clothes. works brilliantly, is dead cheap and can be repeated as often as you like :D
  • jenster
    jenster Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    animal - get a Furminator! I got mine off Amazon, they do them for cats and dogs. They remove the loose hair better than brushing, we could have stuffed a cushion with what it brought off the first time we used it![/QUOTE]

I bought one of these at the ideal home exibition we have a German Shepherd - Best thing we ever bought

infact we have mats at back and front doors and we use it on them too and the amount of dog hairs that came out of that -OMG we thought the dog only walks over it not lives on them LOL

even the kitchen full which is cusioned lino is full of hairs and for that apart from vaccuming it / mopping it i use a damp (not wet ) rubber glove right around the edges

Homestly i didnt know a dog has so many hairs LOL
  • miecherox
    miecherox Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    I Hoover the dog every couple of days, mainly because I think the hair must annoy him and make him itchy but also because I think he quite enjoys it :D
    #118 DFW Debt freely Christmas 2012 Challenge
  • meames_2
    meames_2 Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Further to the dog hair on clothes thread, I wondered about genreal cleaning. Not just carpets and ffurniture but cupboard doors etc, sinks, baths (The dog hasn't even been in!). When I wipe surfaces I just seem to move fur around more than anything.

What can I do to minimise this - hoovering doesn't work, a dyson animal is no match for Wombles fur!

I was cleanuing a mirror the other day and the newspaper did seem to collect it more - could that be the answer?
  • jenster
    jenster Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    apart from the the damp rubber glove trick,
    id also be interested in this

because your right hairs get everywere even in rooms the dog hasnt been in LOL
  • MrsAtobe
    MrsAtobe Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried the brush that's made by JML? A friend of mine with two dogs swears by it.

Hth
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • mlz1413
    mlz1413 Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My dog does go in the bathroom so you should see the hair that collects in there!! NB this is not a choice thing the bathroom is downstairs so the dog just follows me in, the [STRIKE]bathroom is so small [/STRIKE] the dog so big I have to let him in to move the door to let him out again.

I try to hoover walk ways every day so that the floating hair is minimized, but if someone knows a way of not just moving the hair around I'd be interested too. I have hard flooring downstairs.
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Can't hoover the dog - he's scared of it!! (and he's a gun dog....figure that one out!)

We have a small furminator that we used to use on the cat, might order a bigger one for him, then i suppose lint roll at the clothes before putting away?

I don't mind the hairs too much, but i don't like going to work covered in them!
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills