Food and drinks in olympic park

Options
123457»

Comments

• littlearfer
    Options
    Does anyone know how much the fish and chips are in the park? Sounds like the only edible option inside!
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know how much the fish and chips are in the park? Sounds like the only edible option inside!

This link might help. The food is the sort you get in a downmarket shopping centre food court. It's not marvellous but there's more than Mcdonalds

http://londonist.com/2012/08/things-to-do-in-the-olympic-park-try-the-food.php
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't buy any of the overpriced stuff in the park, the prices are absolutely stupid. Fill a soft backpack with food and empty bottles, (water is free in the park and you can fill up the bottles).

= Free.
    Pants
  • littlearfer
    Options
    I'm not paying £8.50 for fish and chips from a polystyrene carton! I like a hot meal at some point in the day, and I was thinking that maybe the fish and chips might be passable and reasonable. I think I'll be having my hot meal before I get to the park and taking butties/pork pies/crisps in for later. Thanks for the heads-up, BarbaraWright!
  • unclekevin
    Options
    What I will say is that although £8.50 for fish and chips seems expensive, they smelt delicious and so did the pie and mash, the McDonald's restaurant was the biggest I've seen and so was the queue for it. Glad I don't like or eat McDonald's
  • mintymoneysaver
    Options
    The fish and chips was nice!
  • froggy27_2
    Options
    Went yday afternoon for stadium nite session. We got food at m&s at westfield just by exit of tube then had a picnic by river in parc. Much cheaper and nicer. Had water bottles so just filled up once inside at water fountain. Great day out. :T
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
  • blackeberg
    Options
    We couldn't find any guidance on whether it was okay to take in freezer packs so we took a chance and brought two small ones to put in with sandwiches from M&S. These went through the security scanner without a problem.
  • Pinzy
    Pinzy Posts: 630 Forumite
    Options
    The curry smelled lovely! McDonalds seemed to be similar prices to outside. Had no problems filling up with water, we found somewhere on the way into the stadium then just topped up as we went elsewhere. Took food with us, though I still have it in my head that I want to buy food because it's a treat day! Managed to resist, well, except for a bag of choc buttons and some BK chips at Euston :D
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport