Food and drinks in olympic park

Options
Does anyone know if we will be able to take our own drinks and food into Olympic park? Wonder if bottled water will not be allowed To be brought in and you have to purchase inside for £££ ?

Comments

• busterbear
    busterbear Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Cant post links but if you go to the London 2012 website and look under spectators..then visiting...then safety and security that will tell you what you want to know:)
  • dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    The quick answer is that you can bring a "reasonable amount" of ffod into the park.
    There will be airport style security checks t the entrance so a bottle of water would not be allowed
    but
    you cn take an empty bottle in to fill from drinking fountains.
    Food was VERY expensive for the 'London Prepares' events so if I were you I would take a picnic, a few snacks, an empty water bottle and a fairly full wallet!
  • CashSaver_2
    CashSaver_2 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There will be free drinking water inside the Olympic Park - so just need to take empty water bottles.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2012 at 4:46PM
    Options
    Some info here:

http://au.eurosport.com/olympic-games/london-2012/2012/food-and-drink-prcices_sto3262114/story.shtml
    500ml bottle of water – £1.60
    Small glass of wine – £5.20
    Fresh orange juice – £2.80
    Cup of coffee - £2.40
    Hot dog - £5.90
    Pack of pork scratching - £2.50
    Granola yoghurt - £3.80

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15110730

According to the current terms and conditions for Olympic ticket holders, items that cannot be taken into venues include:
    • Food, except baby food;
    • Alcohol and soft drinks, except baby milk and medical supplies;
    • Liquid in containers over 100ml;
    • Bottles or glass containers;
    • Flasks and thermoses.

The Olympic "Food Vision" might also be worth a look:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Document/Publications/Sustainability/01/24/07/39/food-vision.pdf
  • dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    There will be a McD's in the park too - I guess their prices will be slightly higher than average but cheaper than the other concessions.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dawnteabag wrote: »
    There will be a McD's in the park too - I guess their prices will be slightly higher than average but cheaper than the other concessions.

I don't think there will be any other branded food concessions - McD's have purchased the food monopoly (and Coca-Cola the soft drink monopoly)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    CashSaver wrote: »
    There will be free drinking water inside the Olympic Park - so just need to take empty water bottles.

Will empty bottles be allowed? The website says no bottles or glass containers, that could be read no bottles (glass or plastic)
  • lonestarfan
    lonestarfan Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2012 at 8:09PM
    Options
    One post says a reasonable amount and another says none at all except baby food. Has anyone been able to check this out?

Just remembered i'd read this bit on the Olympics site! The prohibited items documents says it prohibits "excessive amounts of food" so I read that as a reasonable amount is ok as long as you have got only a soft bag which isn't over the 25litre capacity that you can fit under your seat.
  • kellyash1
    kellyash1 Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Will empty bottles be allowed? The website says no bottles or glass containers, that could be read no bottles (glass or plastic)

I'm just going to take in an empty plastic water bottle, then you've got nothing to loose if they take it off you. If you have to stand in a queue for 2 hours beforehand, the bottle will be empty by the time you get to the front.
  • awesomesj
    awesomesj Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I was at the Olympic Stadium test event - Food was allowed in and so was drink (if you took a sip yourself) I have been told as a volunteer however that I am allowed to bring a drink bottle and fill it up inside - for free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure