Make hay whilst the sun shines.

Options

Comments

• MoneyMission
    Options
    Teeny tidy amounts will be added to the set OP amount by the end of the month.

Ordered an electrical item for work using my Sainsbobs account. It didn't arrive and was 'lost in transit' so they credited the company credit card for the amount but sent me a £5.00 e-voucher! Have used it for an online shop to be delivered (usually don't like paying for the delivery fees).

Opened the First Direct Regular Savers account with the maximum £300.00 per month going in there. This will pay off the 0% credit card that I'm using for groceries at the moment (so long as I stick to budget!).

Lots of meal planning going on.

Still walking to school, work, home, school, home each day.

Have got frozen frogspawn in pond. :(

5 things I'm grateful for today:

1. My lovely Mum helping out with the mini-MM's over the weekend.
    2. Great friends who I went away with this weekend.
    3. Lovely people to work with.
    4. It can only get warmer.
    5. The frogs will lay more frogspawn (they will won't they??)

MM
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Tillytidy of 57p today.
    Taken out for lunch by boss - todays limp sandwiches stashed in the work fridge for consumption tomorrow. Joy.
    Walking everywhere still.

Thats all folks.
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Another fairly good week. Everything on budget. Waiting for some topc@shback payouts to hit my account. Will be op'd.

Been playing around with some mortgage calculators. If we OP by £600 per month, the smaller mortgage will be gone in 12 years. That seems too far away! And it doesn't even touch the larger mortgage. :o So, I think we should set our regular OP at £600 but aim to get as many tillytidies and fleabay sales into it on top of that as possible. Need to convince OH now!

Our LTV is currently at about 50% so I'm pretty certain that when we do come to retire we can sell this house and downsize significantly (house size and location - we are currently prime commuter belt) and be mortgage free. I just am unsure if it will ever be on this house.

Quiet weekend planned. Couple of housey jobs to do and mucking about with the kids!

MM
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Been lurking around and reading everyone elses diaries just not very good at posting on my own. And now there are ospreys to watch I really won't have the time....... :D

Quick run down of all things MM.

Savings and mortgage OP's are going well. Both are ahead of schedule and I think we may need to amend the mortgage OP target upwards.

Current budget rules are working well although the food allowance keeps me on my toes.

I have managed to get mini-MM's onto school lunches on a Monday only. This has many benefits:

1. after school clubs on a Monday mean that I couldn't fit in giving them a hot dinner. This way they have one hot meal on a Monday at lunch time then sarnies for tea.
    2. My food shopping day is on a Monday and it was becoming very hard to magic a packed lunch out of the empty depths of the fridge on that morning.
    3. I don't have to make packed lunches one day a week! :p
    We're still doing well with just one car. In fact, can't imagine why we'd need two anymore. It helps with being so close to school, town and both our work places. Has saved loads in petrol so far not to mention tax, MOT, insurance, maintenance etc. :money:

Have managed to get Jelly-Butt cat onto less expensive food. Not sure she's all that impressed but I'm hardened to her plaintive squeals and am not giving in!

Got some stuff on Bay of E that ends tomorrow. Not all of it has bids yet but fingers crossed. Its mostly 99p stuff but I want it out the house and it all helps.

Off on walk tomorrow. Up t'big 'ill. Kids reeeaaally looking forward to that one. Have just made the granary rolls to take as picnic. Will treat ourselves to a cuppa and a slice of cake somewhere on the way home. Spends coming from 'family days out' pot.

Some seeds have grown in the garden. Some are a little bit slower but I suspect this is because the seed is too old. May have to invest in more beetroot seeds if they don't sprout soon.

Most exciting of all though is that we have tadpoles! Lots of them. Well done froggys. :T:T:T:T:T

I read so many diaries that give me inspiration - thank you everyone.

MM
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Been lurking around and reading everyone elses diaries just not very good at posting on my own. And now there are ospreys to watch I really won't have the time....... :D

MM

Oops :o sorry about the ospreys :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Thats OK Gally. When family MM moan that there isn't any dinner ready I'll be blaming you! :p
  • MoneyMission
    MoneyMission Posts: 652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 May 2013 at 7:40PM
    Options
    Nuts. Just lost a lovely long post.

Gist of it was: pottered in garden today planting veg, opened a new ISA and another savings account, Mr MM being brilliant at fixing the loo cistern thing, quiet weekend planned, going camping in 3 weeks time, seeing parents tomorrow for cuppa, yadda yadda yadda......

Happy evening everyone.
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Much as I like my job I'd rather be at home sitting in the garden.

Had a super weekend. Busy but lovely. Spent some money from budget on clothes for Mr MM, me and boy MM. Also spent some 'family days out' money on a Beefeater slap up breakfast. £16.50 for all four of us for all you can eat! We walked along the river to get there and then back again so it was a great morning out.

Waiting for £29 to track in TCB. Will make a lovely addition to the OP pot when it arrives. Also expecting a car tax refund to come in at about £100 and some interest on my old AA savings account that is at 3.49% until 26th May. All to be added to the OP pot (unless it piddles down with rain when we're camping and we need to take shelter in cafes and eat cake!).

Meeting an old colleague for lunch today - his turn to pay! :T

Managed (heavens knows how) to get grocery shop for all of us done for £51.25 this week. Will need to buy cherry tomatoes and cucumber but my meal plan says we'll be alright until next Monday. We'll see!

S'pose I best enter the real world and crack on with some actual work.

Hope all are well.

MM
    x
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    Am slightly cream crackered today. Went to see Eddie Izzard last night all the way down in Brighton. Was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C !:T

Tickets were paid for by hubby, Mum was on babysitting duty and we took sandwiches for our tea and ate them sitting on the sea front wall. Only spends were £6.00 on parking and £2.20 on some half time Malteasers and Caramel Nibbles. :D

44p Tilly Tidy today. Took back some of JellyButts old expensive food and got a refund which has gone back into the cat food pot for another day.

Will be buying 2 stamps on the way home from work today so a LSD.

Am off home in a mo to do lots of cleaning and tidying - oh, the joys!

Toodles.
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    :j:j:j

Managed to find £485 to add to savings pot. Was stoozing on a 0% card and the final bill was less that I calculated.

This means I'm just over two months away from filling up next years annual expenses account and then I've another £400 per month for the remainder of the year to chuck at the mortgage.

Happy Days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family