We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

PC Specs Thread

Dussed
Dussed Posts: 129 Forumite
Hey everyone.

I don't know how this is going to go down, still a newbie here :3

I haven't seen a specs thread, so I thought I'd make one for fun :D

I'll get the ball rolling:

My custom build:
CPU: i7 2600k OC'd to 4.2ghz
CPU Cooler: Freezer 7 Pro rev2 (should upgrade to a V8)
MOBO: MSI P67A-GD53-B3
RAM: 12GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
GFX: HD7970 w/ 3gb GDDR5
CASE: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (in black)
PSU: XFX Pro 850W
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb (525mb/s read + 500mb/s write)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb (7200rpm)

Looking forward to your responses! :)

- David
- David
«1345

Comments

  • firedrone
    firedrone Posts: 97 Forumite
    Main PC:

    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, soon to be 3.2GHz
    Cooler: Gelid Tranquili rev2
    Mobo: Asus P5K-e WifiAP/Deluxe
    Ram: 4GB Corsair
    GFX: Palit GT275
    Case: Antec 900
    PSU: Corsair HX520W
    HDDs: 2*1TB + 500GB SATAII WDs

    Lappy:

    Dell Studio 17
    CPU: i5-520M
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    HDD: 500GB SataIII
    GFX: ATI 5650 1GB Dedicated Ram (not this painful shared stuff ;) )
  • Dussed
    Dussed Posts: 129 Forumite
    Oo, you just reminded me, I forgot to put my XPS 15 in my post :P

    XPS 15:
    CPU: i7 740QM
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 @1333mhz
    GFX: Nvidia GT435 w/ 2GB DDR3 Dedicated
    HDD: 500GB 7200RPM
    SCREEN: 15" (1366x768)

    Not much, and definitely not reliable. Thinking of replacing it with a 15" MBP a few months down the line. :P
    - David
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 12,011 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    have a look at this thread.....

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3732869

    feel free to try it and post on there :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

    I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Dussed
    Dussed Posts: 129 Forumite
    GunJack wrote: »
    have a look at this thread.....

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3732869

    feel free to try it and post on there :)

    I'm definately gonna try that when I'm home, at work at the moment :[
    - David
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 12,011 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    it's worth reading the whole thread ;)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

    I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Pugwash69
    Pugwash69 Posts: 136 Forumite
    Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.4GHz
    12GB DDR3 Ram
    GeForce 560GTX Ti + GeForce 9800GT
    Corsair F60GB2 SSD + 2 x Samsung 500GB HDD
    Acer 3D monitor @ 1920x1080 + 2 x Hanns-G monitors @ 1280 x 1024
    Gigabit network access to around 7TB of storage, 1TB of it is a Raid1 array.
  • Dussed
    Dussed Posts: 129 Forumite
    Nice Pugwash!

    What's the actual screen size for your 3d monitor and how much did it set you back?

    I'm looking into buying 3 monitors myself soon, and wondering about any recommendations?
    - David
  • Pugwash69
    Pugwash69 Posts: 136 Forumite
    It was a bargain "open box" offer on OYYY one month. It's a 23" display and included nvidia lcd specs, all for £150 delivered. :beer:
    I would recommend you buy three identical ones if you need colour consistency, or be prepared to fiddle with the settings. I have two 4:3 monitors but the vertical size is nearly the same as the 16:9. Not perfect, but good enough for my needs.
  • bbfc
    bbfc Posts: 207 Forumite
    MacBook Pro 13"

    Intel Core i5 @ 2.3 GHz
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
    Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
  • pcombo
    pcombo Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Asus M5A78L/USB3 AMD Socket AM3+
    Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
    AMD Athlon II X3 455 3.3GHz Socket AM3
    Crucial 12GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Creative SB Audigy 4
    CIT 700W Black Edition
    Coolermaster Elite 334 Black Mid Tower Case
    Xilence Black 120mm Case Fan - 4pin with 3pin adaptor
    Samsung SH-222AB 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black
    Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
    Western Digital 320GB harddrive
    Xigmatek Loki SD963 H.D.T CPU Air CPU Cooler
    ViewSonic VX2239WM LCD TFT 22" HDMI Monitor
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.