❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh linky my heart really does go out to you you've worked so hard:( Bless your DS he's got the cutest way of reminding us all what's important:)

On a positive note preparing for the fayre etc stressed you out terribly its time to chill now and enjoy the run up to Christmas (your favourite bit) You'll have a head start for next year. Here's hoping people in general will have a few more pounds in their pocket and a lot more festive spirit by then:) It's been a tough learning curve but you've learnt from it- choosing different venues etc for next year etc. And planning your next years hols. Well done you. DH and I would love a camper van - it's always been our dream:) xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• chickywiggle
    Options
    ok I give up ............... my christmas wrapping is actually dooomed.

Decided to use the birdy stuff for a different relatives 'hamper'. Put it all in a box, wrapped it all up (using the last of my brown paper so will have to buy some more).............then realised why the bird feeder Tesco delivered me today just didn't look right...............it has no "roof/ hangy bit".

I am NOT unpacking it all again. Will have to buy a replacement one, have written a complaint to Tesco tho, even if I wanted to take it back it would cost me £4 in public transport which isn't worth it when the item was only £3.

And the bird feeder station I got from B&M has the stickiest stickers in the world that refuse to leave the box.............GRRRRRRRR

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    *Louise*-Lovely tree! Well done on doing so well at the craft fair. :)

Nanamia-Im still here. :) Hopefully you can see the Coca-Cola truck next year, I hope your DGD feels much better soon. xx

picnmix-I believe too. :) Living at the North Pole is my dream, this is the only place I can say it without sounding crackers! :rotfl:

aliaslotte-What a nightmare! We have really bad luck with cars so you have my total sympathy! Im glad you got someone to help you out. :)

Sorry it didnt go too well OwnMyOwn. :( Your stall looked lovely, I would definitely have bought some bits from you! How sweet of your DS, that must have been very heart warming. :)

l0ubbl0u-Ooh hope I can find the tshirt in Primark, sounds great. :)

podperson- When my nan was in hospital over christmas I bought her a magazine subscription. Something to occupy her but it wouldnt clutter up the room/ward. :)

weeclick-I love the goody bags! Must have been scary to be caught up in the riots, glad you got home safely! And yes it was absolutely freezing today! xx

Well we have had a lovely few days! Went to my brothers school fete yesterday (dont think Ds' school is having one this year pfft!) and DS had his face painted as Rudolph :D and saw Santa. The Santas outfit was awful lol but the grotto was lovely, Santa was really nice and DS was so sweet concentrating on his answers. (he has to be prepared if he has to talk to someone who'll ask him questions so we went through the questions beforehand lol) Then we spent the evening at my mums and ordered a few presents for her. (OH will be happy this year, between me, my sister and Mum he's getting nearly all the bluray boxsets he wants!)
    Today we went to see the reindeers (beautiful animals!) and DS made a lantern which was fabulous in my opinion :D and we took part in the lantern parade. It was just so lovely. :) Me and DS wore our Rudolph jumpers, OH wore his christmas tree jumper and I had my antlers on, felt fabulously festive! :xmastree:
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Nanamia
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Aaw that's good, I feel better when you are close moneysavingmumofone :) I wish I'd have been on your trip today. Sounded so festive:) DGD is loads better thanks she just been left with the most awful cough:(
    There is just my other saviour Snugglebunny now to find! I'm missing her inspiration and words of wisdom:(
    Our Christmas baby must be very snug Chirpychick sending love to you and DH at this very exciting/scary/nerves racking/wonderful time :) xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    All year through

• Nanamia
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Linky, I've just bumped into you on the Christmas tv thread. Thank you for finding Room on a Broom for me - wonder why it says repeat on Boxing Day?
    The secret of Christmas
    All year through

• moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    Ahhh same here Nanamia, I wish I knew you in 'real' life. Hope your DGD shifts her nasty cough soon, can be so hard to get rid of! xxx
    Hope Snugglebunny is okay and is just busy with festivities! So excited and eager to hear news from Chirpychick too. :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Nanamia
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Aww what a lovely thing to say moneysavingmumofone :) xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    All year through

• weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    when will choccy manufacturers realise their tubs are a nightmare to wrap and make em square instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mum and grandma always used to wrap them up like big crackers which was always fun because instead of opening like a normal gift we would pretend to pull it like a real cracker :)
    Nanamia wrote: »
    Aaw that's good, I feel better when you are close moneysavingmumofone :) I wish I'd have been on your trip today. Sounded so festive:) DGD is loads better thanks she just been left with the most awful cough:(
    There is just my other saviour Snugglebunny now to find! I'm missing her inspiration and words of wisdom:(
    Our Christmas baby must be very snug Chirpychick sending love to you and DH at this very exciting/scary/nerves racking/wonderful time :) xxx

My wee niece has the same thing! Bad cold which has left a really nasty cough, when I was babysitting last week I was so worried I allowed her to fall asleep upright on the armchair in the living room because she could breath properly then!! Hope your DGD is ok soon!

Offically decided my niece is a christmas nut like me - even though she wasn't 100% she wanted to go to school on Thursday with her santa hat to have her christmas dinner :T bit like me wanting to be back at work in time for our christmas lunch on Friday :rotfl:
    Life is what you make it.
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Can I get some advice please - This is my third year doing hampers (each adult couple get one to share, the kids get one each) Im not sure if I have enough cellophane to wrap all 6 large hampers (lovely wicker type baskets) and got me thinking, do you really need to wrap them up? Or is it more fun to unwrap the cello to get to everything?

Here's an example of my parents one - this photo was taken about 3 weeks ago and Ive somehow managed to add more to it in the last few weeks plus they've still some homemade sweets to add to it. Obviously I will be re-arranging and removing price tags so dont worry about that. Does this look ok on its own or cellophane? Now Ive typed it up Im starting to think I do need the cello because Ive tags and a poem to add to it and would probably look better against the cello!

3BE9DD02-5A38-4B08-9A32-75E822C7516D-2813-000004C75A6C629B.jpg
    Life is what you make it.
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    weeclick I would definitely use cellophane. You have put so much effort into them, it would be a shame to not finish them off.
    Cellophane will make them look professional. xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport