❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    weeclick I would definitely use cellophane. You have put so much effort into them, it would be a shame to not finish them off.
    Cellophane will make them look professional. xx

Thanks that just confirmed what I thought! I should have enough to wrap 2 or 3 so might just go to florist and get another roll (its £12 a time thats why I hesitated but I will be able to use it for birthdays as well)
    hi all, been absent for a few days so got a lot of catching up to do. Found out weds that my parents have split up after 38 years of marriage. dad's moved out & mums in a pretty bad way. Im struggling a little with my own emotions, dad has left for another woman we think & i really didnt think it would ever be possible for me to feel so much hatred towards a parent, but i do, & that hurts.
    trying really hard to keep the christmas spirit alive for kids sake but to be honest, my heart just isnt in it anymore. On a very selfish note, I had made a beautiful hamper up for my parents for xmas, the main part being the scrapbbok i have spent all year doing, titled "our grandchildren", going to have to try & revise it, as i now want to give it just to my mum. Will have to buy dad a token gift i guess, but as awful as it sounds, right now i want nothing to do with him.
    anyways, rant over, going to catch up now & try to re-ignite some christmas cheer
    :rudolf:

Sorry to hear that, hope your mum is ok, sounds like shes your priority right now, Im sure given the situation your dad will be more than understanding but I do hope you can mend any bridges in time to come.
    weeclick-Your hampers look brilliant!! I second that they would be perfect all finished off wrapped in cellophane though. :) Or as Ruth_Honey said foil wrapping paper works well too, Ive used that before when I ran out of cellophane. :)

pinknfluffy-So sorry to hear that, how awful. :( Im terrible with words but my Mum is my world so I can only imagine how angry you must feel now that he has done this to your mum and you are more than entitled to feel this way. How about the children choosing the token gift for him from them? Maybe DH can take them to get it? Sending lots of hugs to you and your mum. xxx

thanks have just FB lidls to see if they sell the cello in the NI stores because they are run seperately from England branches they never have the same offers which is annoying! If not my local florist sells a roll for £12 or might check out a few others see if I can price them down a bit!
    Life is what you make it.
  • Nanamia
    Nanamia Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Pinknfluffy what an awful time you r having. You will be a great support to your Mum I'm sure and rejiggle your scrapbook title and it too will help your Mum through this. I seriously wonder where men keep their brains sometimes. Any time of year this would be awful:(

Pinksteps I kno exactly how you feel re family issues. I've finally given up on mine - hurt once to many times and to be honest it was a huge relief once I'd finally cut ties. Good for you treating yourself you so deserve it. Well done you :) xxx

I agree about the hamper too ladies the cellophane gives it the WOW factor

I also agree that my friends on here feel like a family too. Only we've chosen each other, have lots in common and help each other through tough times. xxx
    The secret of Christmas
    It's not the things you do at Christmastime
    But the Christmas things you do
    All year through

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    :eek::eek:£12 a roll for cellephane???? try ebay.:eek::eek:
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Watching Grounded on Channel 5 .:j:j:j
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    Watching Grounded on Channel 5 .:j:j:j
    Im watching Call me Claus on Sony Movies. :D

Pinksteps-I hope Christmas is not too bad at your parents and you get to have a pleasant time with them. Im glad you still feel christmassy, we are all one big family here. :)

cheesedemon-I saw a stall the other day selling some sort of home made pies etc and the prices were rather :eek:!!
    'They only had one cow!'
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    :eek::eek:£12 a roll for cellephane???? try ebay.:eek::eek:

Yup!! In fairness its a very big roll and the suppliers shop were charing £18!! Im not keen on ebay simply for the fact that everything I order never gets here in time, already I have an item over a week late (cost £46 so Im a nervous wreck lol)
    Life is what you make it.
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    weeclick wrote: »
    Yup!! In fairness its a very big roll and the suppliers shop were charing £18!! Im not keen on ebay simply for the fact that everything I order never gets here in time, already I have an item over a week late (cost £46 so Im a nervous wreck lol)

eeek - that should have been sent special delivery (next day) or courier..............you're entitled to a complete refund......for their sake I hope they didn't stick first class stamps on as they won't even be able to claim thro royal mail.

post is shocking at the moment!!!!!
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I feel very unChristmassy. I am not fed up in anyway at all. Just doesn't feel like it is only 2 weeks away.

Even watching Christmas films hasn't helped.

But even worse, it doesn't seem to bother me.

In fact I am looking forward to January. I love January. It is a new beginning, and I get to use my new note pads, and start new lists. :j :o

I think because I have done everything (Except the dreaded wrapping) I feel a little lost.

But then reading everyone else's posts, we have all become the most unChristmassy Christmas Freaks I have ever met.
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    I feel very unChristmassy. I am not fed up in anyway at all. Just doesn't feel like it is only 2 weeks away.

Even watching Christmas films hasn't helped.

But even worse, it doesn't seem to bother me.

In fact I am looking forward to January. I love January. It is a new beginning, and I get to use my new note pads, and start new lists. :j :o

I think because I have done everything (Except the dreaded wrapping) I feel a little lost.

But then reading everyone else's posts, we have all become the most unChristmassy Christmas Freaks I have ever met.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I've ordered loads of nice storage boxes for around the house and I cannot wait until I can pack all the decorations away. I have been making a New Year to do list and will put it all in a book later. Maybe we just like being organised whatever the occasion and that is what our special time is.
  • dropsofjupiter
    Options
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I've ordered loads of nice storage boxes for around the house and I cannot wait until I can pack all the decorations away. I have been making a New Year to do list and will put it all in a book later. Maybe we just like being organised whatever the occasion and that is what our special time is.

I sometimes wonder if it's because I start getting excited for Christmas after my birthday (in June) so by the time it arrives I've had 6 months of it so I'm almost past it :)
    Hobnobs are like marines
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport