❄❄ Let It Snow ❄❄ :: Christmas 2012 Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• pinknfluffy28
    Options
    hi all, been absent for a few days so got a lot of catching up to do. Found out weds that my parents have split up after 38 years of marriage. dad's moved out & mums in a pretty bad way. Im struggling a little with my own emotions, dad has left for another woman we think & i really didnt think it would ever be possible for me to feel so much hatred towards a parent, but i do, & that hurts.
    trying really hard to keep the christmas spirit alive for kids sake but to be honest, my heart just isnt in it anymore. On a very selfish note, I had made a beautiful hamper up for my parents for xmas, the main part being the scrapbbok i have spent all year doing, titled "our grandchildren", going to have to try & revise it, as i now want to give it just to my mum. Will have to buy dad a token gift i guess, but as awful as it sounds, right now i want nothing to do with him.
    anyways, rant over, going to catch up now & try to re-ignite some christmas cheer
    :rudolf:
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    weeclick I would definitely use cellophane. You have put so much effort into them, it would be a shame to not finish them off.
    Cellophane will make them look professional. xx

ditto.... OMO has a better way with words then me.

ohh <<hugs>> pinknfluffy. Hope you can sort it out. Mine decided to split up just before their wedding anniversary!!!
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • pinknfluffy28
    Options
    ditto.... OMO has a better way with words then me.

ohh <<hugs>> pinknfluffy. Hope you can sort it out. Mine decided to split up just before their wedding anniversary!!!

his timing stinks, was mums birthday yesterday & would have been their 39th wedding anniversary on the 13th, very heartless i think but hey ho - sh*t happens!! main concern is mum at the moment.

omo - so sorry to hear the fete didnt go so well, please dont give up, your makes are truly amazing and just need th right audiance, I only sell at craft fairs & specific fetes & fairs, schools are a nightmare, the parents are grumpy & not interested, and the kids just want the cheap plastic rubbish wrapped in equally cheap & rubbish paper!!!
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    hi all, been absent for a few days so got a lot of catching up to do. Found out weds that my parents have split up after 38 years of marriage. dad's moved out & mums in a pretty bad way. Im struggling a little with my own emotions, dad has left for another woman we think & i really didnt think it would ever be possible for me to feel so much hatred towards a parent, but i do, & that hurts.
    trying really hard to keep the christmas spirit alive for kids sake but to be honest, my heart just isnt in it anymore. On a very selfish note, I had made a beautiful hamper up for my parents for xmas, the main part being the scrapbbok i have spent all year doing, titled "our grandchildren", going to have to try & revise it, as i now want to give it just to my mum. Will have to buy dad a token gift i guess, but as awful as it sounds, right now i want nothing to do with him.
    anyways, rant over, going to catch up now & try to re-ignite some christmas cheer

I understand exactly how you feel. My Dad left my Mum after 29 years for another woman.
    But unlike yourself, I could understand why. (My Mum has a drink problem) ( cant believe I just typed that, I used to be really embarrassed about it).
    But it still hurt. It made me think of how kids must feel, if I hurt at 31.

Anyway rant all you want, we will listen. :grouphug:
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2012 at 1:01PM
    Options
    Own_My_Own wrote: »
    weeclick I would definitely use cellophane. You have put so much effort into them, it would be a shame to not finish them off.
    Cellophane will make them look professional. xx

If cellophane would be tricky to find, how about that foil wrapping paper that you can scrunch? I've done some bits with that before & it works well, hides the contents & is easy & cheap to find.

So sorry to hear that. Especially this close to Christmas too.
    My parents split up when I was about 14, then my Dad remarried. I found out a couple of years ago that he was cheating on my stepmum & told him to stop. He didn't & I haven't spoken to him since. I'm still friends with my stepmum, though.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • moneysavingmumofone
    Options
    weeclick-Your hampers look brilliant!! I second that they would be perfect all finished off wrapped in cellophane though. :) Or as Ruth_Honey said foil wrapping paper works well too, Ive used that before when I ran out of cellophane. :)

pinknfluffy-So sorry to hear that, how awful. :( Im terrible with words but my Mum is my world so I can only imagine how angry you must feel now that he has done this to your mum and you are more than entitled to feel this way. How about the children choosing the token gift for him from them? Maybe DH can take them to get it? Sending lots of hugs to you and your mum. xxx
    'They only had one cow!'
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i think ive gone seriously wrong somewhere my dd wants this for her christmas disco :eek:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230872867815?var=530095127220
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    I've been slowly going downhill about Christmas. I do not have anything to do with my brothers because of some childhood issues and normally I will just make an excuse to leave my parents house if they turn up. But recently one of them seems to be there every day so I've not visited my parents for a couple of months now and the thought of popping by at Christmas is completely filling me with dread. It's especially sad as one of my parents has dementia and it may be a final Christmas.
    But I'm not going to dwell on the past and I am actually feeling Christmassy , I was very naughty though as its only DS and myself and all my friends on here , you lot really feel like family to me. Anyway I have been naughty and ordered a pair of boots for ME! They were a hundred and thirty five pounds and were paid with by my b00ts (lol) advantage card points. I had been saving them and decided to spoil myself as DS is all presented out.
    Anyway, sorry for my ramblings, just wanted to say Merry Christmas you lot and thank you for getting me through these weeks.
  • kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    i think ive gone seriously wrong somewhere my dd wants this for her christmas disco :eek:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230872867815?var=530095127220

As Christmas crazy as I am, I actually really like that :rotfl:
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • cheesedemon
    Options
    pinknfluffy28 - so sorry to hear about your parents, the timing is horrible but i know you'll be supporting your mum and help give her a lovely christmas.

Weeclick - your hampers look fabulous! Love them, i would go with cellophane, just to help finish them off. Can't wait to start putting mine together.

I've just been to a christmas festival in my town, it had a brilliant atmosphere and was nice to walk round but most of the stuff was so expensive it was really frustrating. They had the most gorgeous loaves of bread i wanted to get for lunch and i'm sure they tasted great but i couldn't bring myself to spend £5 on one. Nor £6 a jar for the chutneys. Am glad i went though, am starting to feel a lot more christmassy! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure