No buying unnecessary toiletries in May - Challenge

Options

Comments

• trying_2_b_good
    Options
    Hi All - some fab UUs going on! I'll add my 2...

No 7 Blissfull bodywash - WNBA - GWP but not that super

Clinque Moisture Surge - WMBA - GWP & I've opened another from the stash. It is nice but I might try something new next time I have to buy. Not sure what yet though!!

INs

John Frieda hair dye (really need highlights doing but not got much time for hairdressers so just going to do an all over one)

Burts Bees lip balm - couldn't resist after great reviews pages back. Already loving it after using a rubbish jelly type one for ages. Will TA that one I think
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #148 - £59.93
    Crazy Clothes Challenge # 103 - £84/£200 £30 Coat/£12 shirt/£23 jeans/£6 t-shirt/£13 2 x tops
    Shoes £79/£100: Cowboy boots, canvas pumps, re-heal boots/ £25 safari shoes
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Probably a stupid question but what does GWP mean? I've worked out most of the acronyms (think that's the right word) but not that one!
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GWP = Gift With Purchase
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    GWP = Gift With Purchase

Thank you! :)
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • adilade
    adilade Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    finished an avon frizz something shampoo. After using lots of different shampoos and conditioners, they're all coming to an end! have a dove conditioner and shampoo spluttering as well.
    Toiletry spend £34.95 In: 10 out:13
  • Willowbee
    Willowbee Posts: 713 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Burts Bees lip balm - couldn't resist after great reviews pages back. Already loving it after using a rubbish jelly type one for ages. Will TA that one I think

I'm really glad that you like the Burts Bees lip balm :)

VALM - I kept forgetting to say that it is the minty one that I have but when I bought it I thought it was going to be the honey-ish original one. I like both, anyhow :rotfl::)

I'm on a wobbly day today. Lots of difficult emotional ups and downs and worries at the moment. It's at exactly this kind of time that I'd be most likely to buy a cheering beauty product but I'm going to do my best to resist...

Yesterday I chose some nice things out of my stash to use for a change (and to satisfy the need for a comforting treat). (Shopping the stash ;)). I started a huuuuuuge bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn body lotion in the Summer Hill fragrance - it's lovely as it smells of honeysuckle. I also returned to a bottle of Rituals foaming shower gel that I got from a Glossybox ages ago. It has a beautiful scent (almond and Indian rose) but I had found it a bit drying. It's fine now (!) so maybe it's just not good for Winter skin??

No more UUs but I'm working on a Caudalie moisturiser that I'm not that impressed with (Vinosource Quenching Sorbet Cream - sounds lovely! :rotfl:) I'm using that one up on my neck and using the one I really like (maybe HG! Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid with SPF15) on my face. :)
  • trying_2_b_good
    Options
    Yes, it's lovely. It feels like it's plumping the lips when you first apply. Mine's minty too. It says peppermint in the ingredients, but nothing about it on the label so I assumed it was a honey one (other flavours were pomegranate & berry which I didn't fancy). Probably prefer minty to hoey anyway! So thanks for the recommendation!

Well done on resisting purchases and shopping in your stash. It sounds like you have some lovely products - and all guilt free as no spending!
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #148 - £59.93
    Crazy Clothes Challenge # 103 - £84/£200 £30 Coat/£12 shirt/£23 jeans/£6 t-shirt/£13 2 x tops
    Shoes £79/£100: Cowboy boots, canvas pumps, re-heal boots/ £25 safari shoes
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have an in, I am an avon rep and my delivery came today with a Magix Face Perfector for me which I had forgotton about. Will try it out tomorrow.

I also got a freebie for meeting my target, a bottle of Little Black Dress EDT, I knew I was getting a perfume and was hoping for the Far Away. Anyway I have put this to one side in case a customer orders one.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • kiplingmonkey
    kiplingmonkey Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Reporting what I think will be my final UU of the month:

Boots No 7 P&P Intense 5ml - received this with a GWP - I liked the texture of it but think I prefer other serums (especially Estee Lauder idealist, perfectionist and advanced night repair) so WMBA but it would have to be at a good price. At least I haven't experienced any breakouts that some of you have had using this.

Didn't quite manage the 14 OUTs that I set myself as a target at the beginning of the month but I have notched up 11 UUs so am pleased with that. I also have 3 splutterers that I have already cut the tubes in half so should get next month off to a good start I hope.
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well I have definitely learnt my lesson on not entering giveaways for things I don't want I have received the following from the Glamour giveaway today, I not counting as ins as they are going straight into the GA pile.

Eylure Katy Perry Lashes
    Elegant Touch Envy Wraps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family