No buying unnecessary toiletries in May - Challenge

Options

Comments

• amyb_2
    amyb_2 Posts: 3,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Well I have definitely learnt my lesson on not entering giveaways for things I don't want I have received the following from the Glamour giveaway today, I not counting as ins as they are going straight into the GA pile.

Eylure Katy Perry Lashes
    Elegant Touch Envy Wraps

Snap on the lashes front (unfortunatly i didn't get the wraps as i like that sorta thing)

I have a great pile of lashes streaching as far back as glamour giveaways three years ago.
    Mays SSB and GB boxs both had lashes in and i've just read that Junes SSB also has lashes in.

I must be well over 10 pairs (and thats after GA some to my BFs daughters)

I've never ever worn falsh lashes ever ever.
    I'm so boring, my clothes wanna keep someone else warm, someone cooler
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Was going to comment also on your comments re: your DH. It seem that my MSE ways are rubbing off on MrM and Emma. MrM has started cutting open tubes of product to get the last bits out and Emma (not as drastic as Dad) has started to only have one product out at a time and is turning the bottles upside down to get the last dregs out. Hurrah. x

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200784.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch?source=aw&cookie=set

I have noticed this too. I have converted my mum and best friend. I am also working on some of the girls in work too. Last week they were all off to Deb's for the mascara swap.
    This reminds me that Royal Mail still have hold of my meerkat apparently. Am wondering whether we'll get a ransom note for him soon.

Whereabouts in Cumbria are you going? I love the Lake District.

Have one more UU to report and it's a sad day as all my Hair Rules Blow Out Your Kinks styling creme has gone. On a good note we may be visiting the US again next year so hopefully I can stock up again. Yay x

I am staying in a layby off the motorway :eek: otherwise known as the Carlise Preimer Inn. Gonna juke about some of the smaller towns like Hexham, Kendal and the like for a spot of shopping, cake eating at tea shops and chilling out.

Got distracted watching The Apprentice. Only managed to get my nails done - toenails will have to wait. Ended up using Nails Inc Charlotte St.

Not into the Vampire Diaries - I'm a True Blood fan instead.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another UU, and probably the last of the month l'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream.

WIBA It was a gift, so technically I didn't buy it in the first place. It's good quality and incredibly rich - too rich for my hands, if I'm honest. I used it on some dry skin on the back of my hands. Would be great for people with partched handies, though!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    amyb wrote: »
    Snap on the lashes front (unfortunatly i didn't get the wraps as i like that sorta thing)

I have a great pile of lashes streaching as far back as glamour giveaways three years ago.
    Mays SSB and GB boxs both had lashes in and i've just read that Junes SSB also has lashes in.

I must be well over 10 pairs (and thats after GA some to my BFs daughters)

I've never ever worn falsh lashes ever ever.

Glad its not just me then, I've never worn them either, I wear contact lenses and my eye lashes are longish anyway. I have two pairs in the GA bag now, already gave one pair away in April. I wonder why these beauty boxes insist on including so many pairs of false eyelashes.

Doesn't look like I'll get anymore UU this month, but think I've done quite well this month anyway best month so far.
  • Carolyn12
    Carolyn12 Posts: 389 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,
    One last May UU:
    Dove intensive oil conditioner 50ml. WIBA? Yes, I already have thanks to this sample. I love when companies send a decent size sample out. I must have got at least 10 uses out of this. Leaves my hair lovely and soft.
    Predicting a Glamour Benefit freebie lN later on today... .
  • evilsquid1603
    evilsquid1603 Posts: 1,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry it's OT but this comment reminded me of The Vampire Diaries and the family of vamps named "the originals". Has anyone else been watching this. Am so sad that it's over. Has been the best thing on the box for ages.

i miss it too, I've been getting it from the US so i have a few episodes saved up waiting to be watched. gossip girl has finished too :(
    Fiasco55 wrote: »
    Not into the Vampire Diaries - I'm a True Blood fan instead.

the next season is on in the US soon, i cant believe we are a complete season behind them now! and then they wonder why people get it from the US!

have you read the books?
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    had a PYNTh whilst watching the apprentice,sad to see Adam go he is so cheerful(DH can't stand him)did them royal red of course:rotfl::rotfl:still using the life jacket on hands,seems to be helping as no breaks so far tho will be glad when i stop using as gives a very rough look and feel so not good under polish:(lots of "topless" tubes at the moment to uu
    re age spots on hands ,can now hardly see them after using the Clarins serum,my new HG:) plus less wrinkly too:):)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Whaaaaat, Adam has gone, I am one episode behind as DH is out on Wednesdays and we watch it together. I liked Adam, so enthusiastic.

Lots of UU to report today,

Sanctuary Body Wash - have several more of these in the stash in 75ml size.

Sanctuary Body Butter - lovely stuff, creamy but sinks in well, have one more mini I think.

Bamford Geranium Body Lotion - Very nice but way too pricey for what it is and the peppermint smell overpowers everything else in it imo.

L'oreal Elvive Full Restore conditioner - really liked this and the matching shampoo.

Have opened a Superdrug Brunette conditioner now and will see how I get on, my normally soft hair feels really dry and the only thing I can put it down to is the BS Ice Blue shampoo I am using so this morning I opened a mini bottle of BS Rainforest Radiance to try.

Wow it is absolutely throwing it down here, am gutted because my son was supposed to be playing in his first school football tournament this afternoon and it will probably be cancelled now. He will be upset, he's only 6 and was really looking forward to it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    got my SSB box and am disapointed:(though we would get all items on the peek list not just a selection,don't like 1 item as made me cough when I smelt it!Think boxes are getting worse,new LIB is out but am not buying as stuff I already have in the stash!,have complained to SSb about lashes in every box!
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Probably the last UU of the month now. Palmolive Soft & Gentle roll-on deodorant. WIBA? Yes. Wouldn't usually use roll-ons as they never seem strong enough for me but this one works for me. No more in the stash so I'll get another if I can get it cheaper again.
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure