No buying unnecessary toiletries in May - Challenge

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    I'm an 'original', too. :o Whatever happened to Katie Clampett, though? Did she graduate or just disappear? I haven't seen her in ages!

Sorry it's OT but this comment reminded me of The Vampire Diaries and the family of vamps named "the originals". Has anyone else been watching this. Am so sad that it's over. Has been the best thing on the box for ages.
    Hermia wrote: »
    [/LIST]
    The problem I have is that I do buy toiletries to reward myself or cheer myself up. I don't drink, smoke or buy fancy coffees and I cannot afford to buy myself bigger things so I suppose I have to find another small treat. When you have had a dreadful day at work it's so easy to just wander into Boots during the lunch hour.

I do miss having a Boots local to work. Where I work the high street is full of independent shops and the only pharmacy is a co-op one. I suppose, in the spirit of this challenge, that this is a good thing?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dippykitty
    dippykitty Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Another UU: The BS Tea Tree Blemish Gel.

WIBA? Still have 2 more in the stash. Not sure whether they are full or half empty as this one was. Not sure if I will buy again when they're all gone. It used to be *quite* effective on my spots and did go some way towards clearing them up but it's been pretty useless. Probably says more about the state of my skin than the product itself though so undecided if I will rebuy at some point. Still searching for my miracle spot cure as you can probably tell!
    ISA savings: £25,139 Other Savings: £1750 (tied up in bond)
  • VALM
    Options
    Another OUT to declare:

L'Occitane mousse de lavande (500ml) - DH had been using this but true to form gave up when he was down to the last half cm in the bottle. Being :money:I have been using it up over the last week - bottle stood on end, I got at least 5 more showers out of it. WBA as I love L'Occitane products - however have plenty to keep me going for a while yet. The Q have got a L'Occitane TSV next month so will be looking to you lovely people for some support not to cave in......

I have supplied him witha LE Energizing shower gel and I am going back to a L'Occitane sweet lemon shower cream (500ml) which I hope to finish in June.

I had a rubbish start to the month - it was about the 15th before I notched up a UU but at least this week things have picked up a bit - it is getting quite rewarding when I can stick another bottle in the recycling bin and release another item from the stash drawers/cupboard.

Hi Kiplingmonkey - have just seen this link on ST.com about the TSV. Thankfully it has a large almond shower oil in it which I've recently bought so I won't be swayed. I can't tell what the little tube is (am guessing it's hand cream) however the only product that I'm a little low on out of all the kit is a body scrub. Am really going to go cold turkey re: the Q (and all toiletries for that fact) this month. LBM!! as to what challenge is all about.

Was going to comment also on your comments re: your DH. It seem that my MSE ways are rubbing off on MrM and Emma. MrM has started cutting open tubes of product to get the last bits out and Emma (not as drastic as Dad) has started to only have one product out at a time and is turning the bottles upside down to get the last dregs out. Hurrah. x

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200784.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch?source=aw&cookie=set
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    Fiasco55 wrote: »
    Well done on all of your OUTs :T:T

I finally managed to make it to the PO sorting office to get two packages that have been held hostage for a week. Got my buzz agent campaign and my HG Tigi Hard to Get Texture Paste. This has been discontinued so I am really chuffed at finding this.

I am off for a wee break next week to Cumbria and I have already packed my mini toiletries for it.

This reminds me that Royal Mail still have hold of my meerkat apparently. Am wondering whether we'll get a ransom note for him soon.

Whereabouts in Cumbria are you going? I love the Lake District.

Have one more UU to report and it's a sad day as all my Hair Rules Blow Out Your Kinks styling creme has gone. On a good note we may be visiting the US again next year so hopefully I can stock up again. Yay x

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • emslovesmickey
    Options
    UU Lulu's nightcream that i got as a Beauty Box swap. WNBA - didn't really do anything for me.
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Sorry it's OT but this comment reminded me of The Vampire Diaries and the family of vamps named "the originals". Has anyone else been watching this. Am so sad that it's over. Has been the best thing on the box for ages.

Oh Val me too!!! I :heart2: Vampire Diaries and more specifically the delicious Damon! :D Hate it when a 'season' finishes :( Think I'll have to settle on reading some more of the books to get my fix.

One UU for me from over the weekend I'd forgotten to declare - Waterlily soap, think it was Baylis and Harding - was expecting this to be quite a chore to use but it smelt lovely but not too overpowering and didn't seem at all drying to my skin - WBA although I suspect it must have been part of a gift set from long ago - I think I've more or less graduated on soap & shower gel now from the original stash! :T Will have to double check the list to make sure nothings lurking though....

Although I've a few splutterers I doubt I'll make any more UU before the end of the month, so totals for May are 17 IN and 32 UU/GA - Quite a few of the outs have been GA but still its been a very busy month and I'm really pleased with the progress of stash reduction! A lot of my IN were from the LIB CEW box so only sample sizes whereas most of my UU were full size. Was hoping to clear some room as my birthday is in June so v likely some IN there and will try and be as good as possible in not actually purchase anything unnecessary.
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Willowbee wrote: »
    I'm on a wobbly day today. Lots of difficult emotional ups and downs and worries at the moment. It's at exactly this kind of time that I'd be most likely to buy a cheering beauty product but I'm going to do my best to resist...

Big hugs to you Willow :grouphug: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling wobbly, you are always so nice to everyone on the thread when they're having a bad time or feeling down. Stash shopping for something nice to open to treat yourself is a very smart move and you won't get the post-purchase guilt you could experience splashing out on something new - very MSE :T Sounds like you've already got some lovely products anyway :)
  • VALM
    Options
    emsjune78 wrote: »
    Oh Val me too!!! I :heart2: Vampire Diaries and more specifically the delicious Damon! :D Hate it when a 'season' finishes :( Think I'll have to settle on reading some more of the books to get my fix.

Yes Damon is definitely my favourite Salvatore brother. Me and a work mate used to laugh about how Mystic Falls doesn't have any men carrying the ugly gene! I was sorry about the path that Alaric's character took though. Wonder how long we will have to wait for Season 3. I think I've only read the first book but prefer the TV series much more although wish it would go back to the old format when it used to flash back to the 1800's.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    UU another OS mint tea tree shower gel, think I must have these hidden behind the shower curtain and I finished one the other day :o Anyway WBA as good value and refreshing. :)
    I also find this one lasts the longest of all the OS shower gels, currently have a shea butter one at BFs house that I really like.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • tokkiandoliver
    Options
    UU's:
    Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair sample - I don't want to say WBA or WNBA as it was just a small sample and with serums, you can't really determine if they are any good without using it for a long time.
    All I know is that I didn't like the smell but I did like the consistency and my skin feels supple now :)

Good night everyone!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge
    TOTAL UU's in 2012: 588
    Total UU's in 2013: 210
    INS for 2013 starting March: 8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts