Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options

This morning's jobs:
    * [STRIKE]check bank as bills all due out today
    *check emails[/STRIKE]
    *check post NOT here yet!
    *[STRIKE]quick tidy up[/STRIKE]
    *get sausage casserole ready to go in slow cooker
    *make lunch for kids for theatre
    *put casserole on at 11.50 just before i go out to get DD!

!

Should have added *have complete stress attack at the fact i never have a perfect tenant
    JUNE 2024 GOALS ~ Manifest a buyer for my house so I can move!!
    EF/moving fund total £2153.40! Let's get it to £2500 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would you consider selling or do you want to keep renting it out? Would have thought the agents would have mentioned something to student as thats their job?
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    would love to sell but have tried 3 times in the past and nothing! it's a great buy to let but i'm just not business minded in this way and always forget something :( like council tax. I wish i could wave a wand and get rid of it!
    EF/moving fund total £2153.40! Let's get it to £2500 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £0/ £500 ~
  • mandz1
    mandz1 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you manage to get the issue sorted with council tax. Sounds very stressful for you atm.

Your meal plan sounds lovely.
    PAD Maker
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Right well back from theatre, kids loved it :T:D sat so still and watched the whole thing even ds2 (who is 2) :D def worth the money!

However there were other spends i was hoping to avoid:

Mcdonalds £13 for 4 of us (didn't have time to do packed lunch as was on phone & email so thought i'd give us a treat :cool:)

THEN at the theatre every single kid had a toy gruffalo or mouse.............cue my children whining until they also had one each. PLUS a gruffalo wave it around type board! :rotfl: SO (wait for it........) £27 later :eek::eek::eek::eek: and i needed picking up off the floor but i had 2 very happy children :eek:

I now have around £15 to last the week :eek: and still need to get a pressie! May have to raid a pressie that was put aside for dd at this rate :rotfl:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    mandz1 wrote: »
    Hope you manage to get the issue sorted with council tax. Sounds very stressful for you atm.

Your meal plan sounds lovely.

sausage casserole tonight :T and there is enough for at least 2 portions :T
  • slm6002
    Options
    Glad you all had fun at the theatre even though it did cost you more that you were hoping. They dont make it easy to say no do they :) Oh well i am sure you can still make it this week, and sausage casserole sounds yummy - may even nick that idea for tomorrow although saying that i am not so sure what were eating tonight yet :)
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    A quote for today: A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995)

So i'm trying to keep this positive attitude going, :rotfl: and am really struggling this morning. But came across this quote and thought that it is worth staying positive if only to annoy people such as my husband :p He has trashed my house. He is worse than the kids!!! clothes, cups and washing up everywhere. :mad:....stay positive........and breathe......

Ok right well had a bit of a guilt trip last night about taking younger two to theatre and not eldest (even though the gruffalo probably wouldn't have interested him) so i went on lastminute.com and ordered 2 tickets for august to the horrible histories :o I did go through quidco so does this make it ok :D and they were on sale so i paid £22 (inc. booking fee) and i get 4% cashback :o:D

Hmmm anyway today is ummmmmmmm *quick check of calendar* Wednesday! So more dd's due out today so best check bank and also going to mcdonalds this morning with friends and then home bargains. Then back home to pig sty :( so fed up of cleaning. And do you know what my husband said to me yesterday, after I told him about the council tax mess up and me probably being liable for some....'i think you would try harder if you had to earn the money to pay for all this' He has really upset me with his 'throw away' comment. :( And he is totally wrong i don't think he realises just how much i have done in the last year. So feeling a bit raw about that today.

So anyway my hair is wet, i've no make up on and i have to check bank. So best go and will be back later to report spends!
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning,

Well you were never going to get rid of me that easily !!

I've been AWOL for a few days,then what do I find, your old diary very very quiet which was rather strange, and then I realised you have a lovely shiny new one. I havent caught up completely yet, but I will !!

Lots of reat positivity which is lovely to see. Well Done you !!

Did you ever send the SAR letter ? I did get your PM and with other things going on I didnt reply to you, infact I will do that now, even if you have already sent the letter which I'm sure you have ! I feel rude if I dont anawer you though !

Thankyou for the link re the Credit Score, I'm not sure I dare look at mine though !!:rotfl:

Anyway just wanted to say Happy New Diary Madam !!! :D
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • slm6002
    Options
    Loving the quote for the day. Dont worry about OH. My OH tells me on a regular basis that i only have him living here fore the money. Its not true but to him it prob appears that way as i am always there first thing on payday to tfr money from his account to mine! I pay all of the bills and i know given the chance he would spend it all if i didnt get there first :)

I hope you have fun shopping today but try to be a little bit good ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport