Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options

Comments

• Eliza_L
    Eliza_L Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yummy, and so organised. I really need to get on this meal planning wagon.
    Prepare for the unexpected - £477.02 / £1000
  • gargrave50
    gargrave50 Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Found you!;)

Subscribed, great diary xx
    LBM 30/6/9 Unsecured debts [STRIKE]£25,323.48[/STRIKE] £0 :T Debt free
    Left for life Down Under 4th August 2012 - living frugally and have learned my lessons :j:j:j:j
  • hillside777
    hillside777 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    You've had a very busy day, looking at your list.
    I hope you're making some time to site and relax. Well, as much as you can when you have children. ;)

Have a good week. :)
    June 16 Mortgage Amount £82,896.15
    Official mortgage end date August 2027 :(
    Current rate 2.59% until August 2020
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You left me hanging around the old thread :(

No really I was just catcing up on Piq's and you mentioned a new diary so nosey old me decides to go and find out what is going on :rotfl:

What a lovely title to give your diary - it's very apt in both senses of the word.

Hope things are going ok at home - I assume DH is still permitted at home for now ;)

Hope cash only works - I often think of not taking a debit card out but at the moment I can't :eek:
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    gargrave50 wrote: »
    Found you!;)

Subscribed, great diary xx

:j Welcome Gargrave :D good to have you hun xx
    bonnington wrote: »
    You've had a very busy day, looking at your list.
    I hope you're making some time to site and relax. Well, as much as you can when you have children. ;)

Have a good week. :)
    I don't honestly know what has possessed me this weekend i've been cleaning and cleaning and even getting out of bed at 11pm cos i forgot to do something :eek: i'm sure it won't last though :rotfl:
    You left me hanging around the old thread :(

No really I was just catcing up on Piq's and you mentioned a new diary so nosey old me decides to go and find out what is going on :rotfl:

What a lovely title to give your diary - it's very apt in both senses of the word.

Hope things are going ok at home - I assume DH is still permitted at home for now ;)

Hope cash only works - I often think of not taking a debit card out but at the moment I can't :eek:

Haha yes DH permitted for the time being IN the house as soon as he starts playing up he can sleep under his poncho under the stars in the garden :p:rotfl:

And thank you Eliza i haven't done a meal plan since i was on the grocery challenge last year :o I kept meaning to ya know how it is though lol, and this month money is very tight because of that red metal thing sat outside our garden gate (yup the gas guzzling car!)

:A
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Morning all :j

It's PAY DAY :j:beer::beer::T:D

Checked bank and it has gone from ZERO to enough to pay for bills :j (always a good thing i suppose lol)

Am going to take out the money this morning in cash and see how it lasts! I've decided i only need a ten pound top up instead of £15 so save £5 there and i think ds will be the same so £5 saved again so that is another tenner to the budget! Good job as DH decided to tell me this morning he is away from Tues or Wed until weekend. So he needs more than £10 as it's pay as you eat and then you claim the money back :mad: if he is going to an army barracks i really have no idea why they can't just feed him :mad::mad::mad: !!

So will go shopping today and get some petrol, also hold some money back for the week and see what is left (i'm hoping there will be some left lol) and offer him whatever he needs to take! I know we'll get it back but sometimes it has taken 3 weeks, other times 2 days :confused: so unorganised!

Anyway :j I've run out of vertigo tablets and far too busy to go to doctors this morning (this is probably why i get so ill as i leave it till i feel like death warmed up before visiting the quacks). Going to drop dd off at nursery, go to bank, shopping, (aldi & tesco ooooh exciting!) & post office.

The house *dare i say it?????* is clean. :eek: :T :eek:

I need to hang a wash out this morning and the wash basket is empty ish, certainly not enough for a wash, if only I had waited for today to do it all, i could have hung it out! Brilliant Blue skies here the first in weeks!!! Typical :rotfl:

I shall be back! WITH spends! If i have any unauthorised spends, ya know cushions, pot pourri, smelly candles, then feel free to slap me :D:rotfl:
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
  • Eliza_L
    Eliza_L Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yay for payday. Sounding very organised there well done
    Prepare for the unexpected - £477.02 / £1000
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,736 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had lovely blue skies first thing whilst doing school run but its looking very grey at the moment - just as were thinking of going to the bank!

Anyway i hope your cash only system works well this month and were here ready but hoping not to need to slap you after we hear your spends!
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Afternoon :D

Well bills paid today:
    • car tax £25,
    • DH pocket money £20,
    • school expenses (ds1 pocket money) £52

Groceries:
    • Adli £69.88
    • Te$co £21
    • butchers £29.60

Other:
    * Petrol £20.01

Soooooooooo ever so slightly over the £62.50 :rotfl: BUT i did get ALL the meat for the month :T so am going to have a re-jig of food budget in a mo and allocate slightly more money to myself this week and lower the budgets for the following weeks of the month if that makes sense! I've £10 left to live on for the week otherwise :eek::rotfl: so will take out £60 in cash tomorrow (reached limit today on cashpoint) and next week (and following weeks) I will take £20 less cash to make up for it seeing as though i bought the expensive stuff this week :A
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Eliza_L wrote: »
    yay for payday. Sounding very organised there well done

:T Pay Day= my fav day of the month :D
    :rotfl:
    slm6002 wrote: »
    We had lovely blue skies first thing whilst doing school run but its looking very grey at the moment - just as were thinking of going to the bank!

Anyway i hope your cash only system works well this month and were here ready but hoping not to need to slap you after we hear your spends!

Still blue skies here :j

No slapped wrists (yet) been exceptionally good for me :rotfl: and bought lots of meat half price :D although my real test will be wednesday when i have a trip to the local home bargains with a friend :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport