Living for the Present...after all who doesn't love a gift!

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    have entered around 15 comps :) got an email from a magazine and was bored lol so thought i may as well ;) nothing to lose and everything to gain :D
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • hillside777
    hillside777 Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry I haven't got time to read today's posts at present.

I have subscribed though. ;)
    June 16 Mortgage Amount £82,896.15
    Official mortgage end date August 2027 :(
    Current rate 2.59% until August 2020
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    hi Bonnington :) good to see you!

Well today has to be a nsd. It's raining, the kids are already fighting, my zoo passes have run out and i'm at a loss what to do :eek: any ideas anyone!!!! I may brave town and let them have a run around the library for free :p before we get thrown back out into the rain because of my hyper kids and i will have to find something else to do lol. Or maybe just stay in a let them trash the house......hmmmmmm.

Need to do some ebaying/facebook selling etc but forgot dh is off to twickenham today for rugby :( so left on my own with kids so that will have to wait until tomorrow now. I need to make that £40 quid for my reiki though :eek: !

So going to check my emails, bank & cash back sites and will be back no doubt as utterly bored already and only half 8 :p
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2 complete! EF total £1922! ~ NSD 7/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £462.76 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
  • Eliza_L
    Eliza_L Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Popping in to say hi and subscribe. If you're bored, I'll swap you and you can go to work for me if you want:rotfl:
    Prepare for the unexpected - £477.02 / £1000
  • slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,736 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wish i had some ideas for you and your kids that were free. What about making a list of things they need to find around the house. Bring them to you 1 at a time,making sure quite a lot are from upstairs to tire them out - winner gets a biscuit? (something you put on your head etc,or just say hat dependeing on ages). It might make a little mess but will keep them busy for a few min? Just an idea. Must go as need to get deliveries done:)
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • Beencounting
    Options
    Morning DFW, hope you've thought of something to keep the kids occupied. I remember well those days, but thankfully mine are mostly grown up, so entertain themselves. My house is lovely and peaceful this morning :) ...does it make you jealous?!!

Been
    Full LBM 26 Sept 11
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I certainly don't envy you hyper kids on a rainy day. The library followed by a bit of cake making and a dvd?

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• NewLeaf_2
    NewLeaf_2 Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2012 at 12:51PM
    Options
    morning. subscribing.

I feel like a hyper kid on a rainy day too! Hoovered to spend some energy. xx

PS good re: getting off the anti-depressants. Wish I could do the same myself but it is so hard x
    Mortgage: £280,752/ £262,515.84
    hmrc:£16760/£5,480.20
    evil credit cards: £41,208/ £37,841
    Car: £18,800/£13,101.18
    Weight 13.9/ 12.6 -1 stone 3
    saving for refurb £2000/£700 1 July 2013
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Eliza: I said the very same thing to my husband this morning. He is off to watch rugby and was moaning at that. (he doesn't really watch sport eso in the rain lol but the boss had to go so he had to drive) I offered to drive the boss & he look after the kids. He didn't take me up on it ;) so i'd gladly swap with you next time lol :rotfl:

slm that is an excellent idea!!! I used to hide somethind round the house when ds1 was little ( a tennis ball or something) and would send him off for ages looking :p wonder if that would work for these two!

Been :insert raised eyebrow smiley: YES it does make me jealous so hush don't want to hear it :p

Piq, cake making not really my forte (well i'm not that bad i just hate the mess after lol). I can do the dvd part and we went to the library :T i got 4 books out and the kids 2 each and whilst we were there there was a sing a long thing :T got there at just the right time :D

Newleaf, i wish i had your energy i had to drag myself from my lovely warm bed, drag myself out with the kids lol and all the way round town :eek: and as for anti depressants it is very hard to come off. I've been on and off for the last 15 years now and i much prefer myself off them but obviously when needs must we have to go on them simply so we don't kill our entire family and then drive off a cliff with our best friends! (well that is my reasoning anyway :rotfl:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So after the library we went to THE most boring natural history museum in the world. Stayed 20 mins which believe me is a record it really is that dull. Then we went to the holly trees museum next to the castle. It's free but not really for kids again. They begged to go in the castle and i refused as didn't have money (and is also boring....can you tell i'm not really into museums!) and then we tottered off back to the car. Unfortunately the donut van held us hostage until i paid him £1.50 in 5p's for 8 mini donuts. So not really a nsd ;) but a lsd still and then we had to walk back 30 mins to the car ( i refused to pay parking fees so parked in someones space in new housing estate :D) in the pouring rain!

Am safely back in doors, ds2 asleep :T and dd chilling out. I'm catching up here and have a hot chocolate cooling. Perfect :D
  • mummychicken
    Options
    Enjoying the new diary ! Well done on getting through half a day on your own with the DC, enjoy that well deserved hot choc :D
    05/03/14 £15,980 0n 2 CCs
    07/04/14 £15,690 On 2 CCs

:eek: :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills