🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Yes Loans

Options

Comments

• slotty
    Options
    well thanks for the poster who put up the mobile numbers, i rang and got my £69.50 back by ringing and asking for it back. i think that he did'nt want legal action etc.. said he had checked the tapes and i was mis sold.again many thanks
  • ShootTheMessenger
    Options
    Just to put my two penneth in; I dealt with YES loans when i was misguided and desperate. I did get charged the ridiculous fee and worse than that, i was passed to Welcome Finance. (Just check out their threads on the loan forumn).

Best case, i ended up with a 62% APR loan on £2K, god knows the true figure. Luckily for me, i had a bonus windfall from work and made a !!!!!! to pay off the balance (no misse payments) that now i have fiinally had in wriiting and account is now closed. Although, will feel much better when next DD payment date has passed. Yes, i have cancelled.

So, my story, not nearly as bad as others, but if i knew now, what i knew then... etc etc, they only pray on the desperate. If you have to go to a broker, a loan isnt for you.
  • chipsmum
    chipsmum Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow do I love this thread. Polla2256 and suky1 are genius :A
    In a desperate (and stupid) moment in March, I contacted Yes Loans and was bullied into giving them my debit card details for a payment of £69.50.:o
    Within two days I researched the company further and wrote to them saying I did not want to use their services and requesting a refund - NOTHING

Several phone calls, transferred, put on hold - NOTHING

Second recorded delivery letter in April threatening OFT blah blah NOTHING

Just about to write new letter today when I found this number and rang Sarah on the number quoted. Within 2 minutes a refund has been processed to my card. :T

I guess this poor girl is a junior member of staff sitting in an office getting complaints all day so do have some sympathy for her but if Yes Loans owe you a refund, ringing her def works.

And don't ever succomb to dealing with this shysters ever again,
  • suky1
    suky1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks chipsmum.
    As my earlier statement, checked my bank account, YES there is £64.50 in there toady. RESULT.
    Do not deal with YES loans, keep away from them and others like them, even if you are desperate, find another way.
  • chipsmum
    chipsmum Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Suky1
    My £69.50 is back in my bank as well - they didnt even keep the £5.00 admin fee that I believe they are entitled to.
    Many Thanks
  • themadfool
    Options
    do you have sarahs number so i can give a call and get my cash back.:mad:
    chipsmum wrote: »
    Wow do I love this thread. Polla2256 and suky1 are genius :A
    In a desperate (and stupid) moment in March, I contacted Yes Loans and was bullied into giving them my debit card details for a payment of £69.50.:o
    Within two days I researched the company further and wrote to them saying I did not want to use their services and requesting a refund - NOTHING

Several phone calls, transferred, put on hold - NOTHING

Second recorded delivery letter in April threatening OFT blah blah NOTHING

Just about to write new letter today when I found this number and rang Sarah on the number quoted. Within 2 minutes a refund has been processed to my card. :T

I guess this poor girl is a junior member of staff sitting in an office getting complaints all day so do have some sympathy for her but if Yes Loans owe you a refund, ringing her def works.

And don't ever succomb to dealing with this shysters ever again,
  • issytm
    issytm Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    YES AVOID AVOID AVOID LET THE OFFICE FOR FAIR TRADING KNOW i HAVE AND HOPE TO GET A REFUND
  • smj43
    smj43 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Options
    If anybody gets caught up with these scumbags and has been robbed of the brokers fee, as long as you keep pressuring them, you will get your money back eventually.

Yes Loans UK were only granted a renewal on their consumer credit licence based on them following specific guidlines that refer to them (Yes, there actually is a section dedicated to Yes Loans UK), which can be found here: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/investigations/YesLoans.pdf

If they owe you a refund, here is what you should do.

1) Don't call them. You will just be on hold for 20 minutes the second you mention a refund. They are nice on the phone when they pick up and when they are trying to sell you a 'loan', but it's a different story when you finally get through to the 'cancelation department'. I had a guy tell me that I was hurting their feelings by asking for a refund. He also told me that they don't care about whether or not I have a refund because "lots of £5 add up to millions". He told me that I couldn't have a refund as they were operating within the law. When I threatened legal action, he then told me he would happily set up the court date for me. Remember, this is all talk. They know they will have to give the money back. Their aim is to make it as hard as possible in hopes you will give up trying. Over the phone, they can say anything they like to you, even lie to you.

2) Don't write a letter to them. You will not get a reply. Your letter will go into a bin with the rest of the letters from angry customers requesting refunds. In rare cases, it may be possible to get your money back this way, but don't count in it.

3) Do contact the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service). They will contact Yes Loans UK on your behalf. Unlike the millions of angry letters from customers, official FOS letters will not be thrown away. Instead, they will most likely write you out a cheque on the spot and mail it to you 1st class. If they could get it to you any quicker, they probably would. On top of that, you will probably also receive a nice letter full of appologies. Also, you will probably receive a FULL refund, they won't even keep the £5 they are 'entitled to'.

And there you have it, the complete guide to getting a refund from Yes Loans UK. The easiest and quickest way to get it, trust me. :p
  • issytm
    issytm Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    :j i have just emailed the FOS so hopefully a refund is on its way i have also had a problem with what seems to be their sister company Beneficial Claims any one else had a problem with them TOO
  • nicholf
    nicholf Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

I recently came into the Trap that is Yes Loans... I unfortunatly was told exactly the same things as some of you above - Reading through all the comments i noticed the mobile numbers posted by someone (Thank you very much) I phoned through to one of them and amazingly someone answered straight away - He wasnt very happy with my phone call and put me straight through to admin who then told me the funds will be credited back into my account within 72 hours (After saying I am going to take legal action and its in my rights to have my money back) They asked for the last three digits of my card - which i refused. Once the funds are returned (if they are) I will be cancelling my old card as they clearly have them on file!! Thanks again... And I look forward to getting my money back - If not i will be taking legal action...!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport