The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• antonia1
    antonia1 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    *****Rant Alert*****

I am currently working on a report which needs to be with a client on 8th May, and I am on leave from Friday, so it needs to be ready for approval by the end of Thursday. However, in order to meet the deadlines I am relying on a director, a manager, two senior engineers and three engineers to get stuff done. However, the director is not answering his phone or emails, the manager is "busy", one senior engineer is stuck, one has disappeared and the three engineers were given the wrong tasks by the director, and so are 2 days behind schedule. Most irritatingly, I seem to be the only one concerned about getting the darned thing out on time, and I already quit!

***** Rant Over *****

I am soooo glad I'm leaving!
    :A If saving money is wrong, I don't want to be right. William Shatner

CC1 [STRIKE] £9400 [/STRIKE] £9300
    CC2 [STRIKE] £800 [/STRIKE] £750
    OD [STRIKE] £1350 [/STRIKE] £1150
  • lemonpopsicle
    lemonpopsicle Posts: 655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not long to go now Antonia :D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • loubie_lou
    loubie_lou Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    antonia1 wrote: »
    *****Rant Alert*****

I am currently working on a report which needs to be with a client on 8th May, and I am on leave from Friday, so it needs to be ready for approval by the end of Thursday. However, in order to meet the deadlines I am relying on a director, a manager, two senior engineers and three engineers to get stuff done. However, the director is not answering his phone or emails, the manager is "busy", one senior engineer is stuck, one has disappeared and the three engineers were given the wrong tasks by the director, and so are 2 days behind schedule. Most irritatingly, I seem to be the only one concerned about getting the darned thing out on time, and I already quit!

***** Rant Over *****

I am soooo glad I'm leaving!

Their loss my dear. If you are not going to get into trouble/get a bad reference by not completing it. I wouldn't worry too much. But I think you may give a damn, so ignore me!
    In debt no more!
  • psychopathbabble
    psychopathbabble Posts: 5,888 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    Their loss my dear. If you are not going to get into trouble/get a bad reference by not completing it. I wouldn't worry too much. But I think you may give a damn, so ignore me!

I was sort of thinking along those lines..... you are trying your damndest to get it done, but no-one else seems to give a toss so you can only do what you can! It's not the attitude to have, but when the sheet hits the fan, you ain't gonna be there to catch it!
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • antonia1
    antonia1 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've just taken a short break, now I'm going to work as a reasonable pace (not killing myself) until home time. I'm no longer working extra hours for no pay, and I'm not going to get so stressed that I spend half my holiday just trying to calm down. (As a scouser I can't use that phrase in real life, so I like using it online.)
    :A If saving money is wrong, I don't want to be right. William Shatner

CC1 [STRIKE] £9400 [/STRIKE] £9300
    CC2 [STRIKE] £800 [/STRIKE] £750
    OD [STRIKE] £1350 [/STRIKE] £1150
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bonglecat wrote: »
    Congratulations Dolly how wonderful! I can't wait for July when, for the first time since I was 18 I won't have a personal loan. :D

Thanks Bonglecat!

I have also been in debt since I turned 18 - I will be 30 next year so cant wait to have my first debt free birthday in 12 years :rotfl:

Only 7 more months of payments to go then I can switch most of those £££ to a savings pot.

Dxxx
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :wave:Hello all!

Welcome newbies. I'm hoping this lot do a sponsored silence for a even just a day :p I have a couple of busy days at work, come back to catch and there's pages and pages :D

Today my loan repayment went out of the bank - only 2 more payments to make and then bye-bye loan :T My bank have already started calling and asking if I want to take out another loan :mad:

Also I had a Sainsbug order delivered yesterday. They'd subbed 2 bottles of wines from the 3 for £12 deals to ones I don't like and subbed 3 of the 6 dishes in the £10 takeaway deal which I also didn't like so it all got sent back (not the whole order, just those 2 complete deals) I expected £22 back as that what the deals cost but nooooooo - they've refunded full price for each of the 9 items making a total of £40.62 :T £18.62 bonus. SO my weekly shop minus the treats came to £21.73 with delivery :D:D:D AND I have £40.62 to treat myself with. Need to replace the missing wine ;) - a trip to Mr A for 3 for £10, still leaves me £30.62 up

Sorry long post but very excited by my Sainsbug gain :D

#012 £2879/£6583 43.7%
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    For goodness sake, I'm always playing catchup on this thread! Had to pop in and say I'm playing the pad game this week. However, rather than bore you all with silly updates every day I'll wait til Friday. Hopefully I might be able to pay off another chunk then too, I almost can't bear the excitement!:rotfl::rotfl:

DH has a significant birthday at the end of July, one he'd really rather forget, and I would love to have everything cleared by then. And take him away for the night WITHOUT THE KIDS! even if it is in the tent.:D

Have noticed when obsessively checking my card online that my total is wrong, maths never being my strong point. I've obviously not recorded a payment. So I have corrected it to show:

#319 £3835.09/£6109.94

Out tonight, woohoo :j can't remember when I last went out for a drink! Taxis too, flipping' eck I'll probably have a panic attack thinking of the money I've spent! The meal is a groupon deal tho so to too bad.

Have a great tues everyone.:)
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    his_missus wrote: »

Also I had a Sainsbug order delivered yesterday. They'd subbed 2 bottles of wines from the 3 for £12 deals to ones I don't like and subbed 3 of the 6 dishes in the £10 takeaway deal which I also didn't like so it all got sent back (not the whole order, just those 2 complete deals) I expected £22 back as that what the deals cost but nooooooo - they've refunded full price for each of the 9 items making a total of £40.62 :T £18.62 bonus. SO my weekly shop minus the treats came to £21.73 with delivery :D:D:D AND I have £40.62 to treat myself with. Need to replace the missing wine ;) - a trip to Mr A for 3 for £10, still leaves me £30.62 up

Wow! That's fantastic, bet you'll really enjoy the wine now it's free!!!
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    Another £35 on the CC today :j:j

#084 £6576 / £58000
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories