The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    Jakes-mum if you do ever wallop your DH with the frying pan please video it and send it to my DD! Her favourite part of Tangled is when Rapunzel hits Eugene with a frying pan! This is her :rotfl:

Nothing money wise to report. I really need to pull my finger out and start kicking is debt's butt. Since Jemma's HUGE update (thank you Jemma -don't quite know how you manage it!) I realised that I have only paid off 35% and half way through the year that isn't really a good pace to be to reach my DF target. I am kinda struggling at the minute being on SMP. I need to go back to work to start earning decent money again but I can't actually face going back there. I think I need to start new job hunting properly. I just feel sad about leaving my baby with someone else while I work :( I will get over it. I did with DD so I will this time.

Can someone give me a really big kick up the backside please?

I promise faithfully to YouTube it :rotfl: I have to say I think leaving my kids for the first time was the most heart wrenching moments of my life :( jake was terrible as he was only 5 months ( ah the days before 9 months maternity) and i had to return full time :( lily was actually about 11 months as after my maternity I only worked part time and my mum had her 1 day a week. But noooooo horrible day, though they don't give a monkeys your not there :rotfl: I do remember thinking 'dam you, 9 1/2 months I carried you and your all over those nursery people! Cry dam it!!' :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do they need to be Christmassy ideas J-M?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DD was like that. I would drop her off at the childminders and she would go straight off to play (early walker!) I would go "bye sweetie, mammy's going now" and she wouldnt even look up. Even though it was nice to know that she was happy there and didn't mind me leaving her it still upset me. The least she could do was miss me even if only a little bit :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do they need to be Christmassy ideas J-M?

All the ideas I've got so far are Christmassy as that's the time of year the fair is (I need loooooots of time to make stuff as it does make me feel poorly) I do like to do my own spin on things, next is an alternative to Christmas tree chocs ;)
    DD was like that. I would drop her off at the childminders and she would go straight off to play (early walker!) I would go "bye sweetie, mammy's going now" and she wouldnt even look up. Even though it was nice to know that she was happy there and didn't mind me leaving her it still upset me. The least she could do was miss me even if only a little bit :rotfl:

I know! How rude of them not to even acknowledge our departure ! I'd even have taken a few fake tears or a trembling lip . . . But nope, blooming kids :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • Mrs_Addicted_to_Spending
    Options
    Well DH just got his payslip for new job (to be paid Monday) and it's over £600 less than his previous job :eek::eek:. I'm really hoping that it's a tax code issue because we were expecting it to be about £300 less a month, not £600. Never mind debt payments - this month I'll just have to pay the minimum and that's it. We'll have to really tighten our belts this month otherwise we're going to be adding to our debt, not paying it off :(. It's also costing us £75 more a month in travel costs. I know it's good that he's got a job and I've got to keep that in my head but it's just scary when you have debts to pay off.
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • suzitiger
    suzitiger Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Oh my I have dropped off the face of MSE for a week haven't I oh no!!! I am really sorry :( I'm in a massive money panic due to overspending on fabrics, sewing machines, scrabbling together money for flights, hotels, car rentals. I've put myself further into debt, but until I see how much I get paid for the masses of overtime I did last month, I'm not sure how much further back I've put myself...I think I have been hiding so I don't have to tell you all :( sowwwy!

This weeks challenge: 10 things

Make a wishlist. Write down ten things you will be able to do when you are debt free, that you cannot currently do due to the noose around your neck (which is of course getting thinner!).
    Ohhhh Nooooooooo Kerri, don't worry these things do happen and I have got myself into more debt since starting this challenge too. But it has majorly helped me to shuffle my money around so I am not missing payments and getting myself into trouble, I also overpay now on bills when I didn't used to. I think its very optimistic to think that I will be debt free my december but I'm gonna damn well try my best to shift most of it before then!!! Thanks for the challenges, do you want to see pics of the paperwork sorting? I hope you enjoy Canada :cool:
    Suzitiger - thanks for the link, i hope i followed it ok and you get the $$$ soon:beer:
    Thank YOU ashleighsalem for following the link, enjoy swagbuck$, it feels so good when you get your first voucher!!
    jakes-mum wrote: »
    Suzitiger - Oooo pics of your makes when they are done please :D your talking to a craft lover an I always sneak a bit of home made stuff into the kids christmas prezzies :D
    Well any ideas that you have Jakes Mum would really be appreciated as I'm not sure where to start. I was thinking chutneys and home made chocolates?? My boyfriends mum always does chocolates and they're lovely!! I will of course add pictures when I have made stuff. :)

Does anyone want to see the before and after pics of the 5 years of paperwork I have sorted?? I am so pleased with myself :D Everything is now in easy to locate files and sorted by company and year. It has also made me realise just how much money I have WASTED by being in debt and I CAN'T WAIT to get rid of it!!!
    Don't turn a slip up into a give up:D
    *NSD Challenge Nov 0/10* *£10 a day challenge Nov £0/£300*
    No buying unnecessary toiletries challenge-in it for the long haul
    :D

• suzitiger
    Options
    Awwww mrsaddictedtospending it IS really scary. I was trundling along quite happy with my debt payments when one of the gyms I work for told me they were cutting my hours by HALF! eeek, so I was 100-150 a month worse off suddenly and I'm finding it much harder now to make my money last the month. It makes me realise just HOW important it is to get rid of my debt because then there is no money that I have to worry about other than rent and what I choose to spend. (The other half pays all the bills with the tax credit money, I don't trust myself with it so he gets paid it lol)

Superheavy-your wishlist sounds great!! not immature at all there are alot of things on there I would really love to do. :p Congrats on paying off your car loan too!! :beer:
    Lemonpopsicle- woooooooooooooooooooooooooo on your MASSIVE ebay sale, well done!!

Ruthy1604- good luck with your craft fayre tomorrow.:D

Jakes-Mum- I am sorry to hear about DHs job but its great that he has got some temporary work in the meantime. And congrats on the ipad, they are SO addictive. I have an iphone and I LOVE it!!

Psycobabble- I am glad you are recovering fine from your op, I'd made a note to tell you to ask if you could swap plane for train so I am really glad they did!!!!!!

Pedro- Well done with your super weightloss, you must be really pleased! What have you been doing to lose weight? Your debt nusting is going very well too i see. :T

Shrewbie- Loving your bucket list, I have a real penchant for Morroccan furniture. I already own a goatskin lamp which I bought from a Morroccan furniture shop in Brighton. I would love to go there someday, its not very expensive there. :)

Jemma-once again thanks for the update! I am finding life SO busy at the moment but I have managed to find time to come on here tonight as the OH is watching the football :rotfl:

• Suzitiger - you're so right about getting rid of the debt and not having so much worry. I can't wait to be in that place!

Would love to see photos of 5 years worth of paperwork sorted - that's so great :). I thought I was bad as I haven't sorted mine since Sept!
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • suzitiger
    Options
    Yeah I'm really bad with paperwork, I had it all stuffed in boxes from uni and I hadn't touched the boxes since my move up north nearly three years ago. Everything else was just piled around the flat so I REALLY needed to sort it out, SOOOOOO glad that I did. Anyone know how to upload pictures onto here?

• BrandNewStart
    Options
    Bonsoir tout le monde!

Jake's Mum, I am v jealous of your iPad - they are ace aren't they! However might be getting one at work so fingers crossed...

Anyhoo, I just wanted to post as haven't much this week (skool has been mental), and have just paid my ex the final £1,363.72!! So I no longer owe her anything at all! It feels great to be honest. However, I still have a long way to go to pay everything off AND I overspent this month quite a bit due to.... well due to spending too much. :(I was going to blame my folks being away for 3 weeks but that's not a great excuse - I am an adult after all! The only plus is that I spent it on healthy food and some cycling coaching and PT sessions, and am feeling a lot better atm due to a healthier diet (for the most part) and more exercise. I just felt like I needed a kick start as I was low and very lethargic. Now I can carry on being healthy and sticking to my budget too :) Have been beating myself up about it a bit tonight and am worried about how easily I slip when left to my own devices. Especially when I throw money at losing weight cos I am so unhappy with myself. Not great at all and a reminder of how it used to be every single month. So I have to make sure I get right back on the horse starting today (pay day) and have a real MoneySaving month. 'Twill be interesting as I am away on a school trip and then in France for a week, but I shouldn't spend much at all while I'm there.

Sorry for the long ramble but needed to get it out! Hope everyone is OK, am going to read back over all the posts I've missed now!

BNS
    Debt paid off: £19,999 Debt remaining: NONE!!:money::eek::):j:j:j:j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family